Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 05:42 Go to next message

Missy Higgins[ 31 vote(s) ]
1.Gay 9 / 29%
2.Straight 8 / 26%
3.Bisexual 14 / 45%

Just a question that has come up during listening to many songs, especially scar. Many of my friends are in love we her other opinions on her music are welcome.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2004 05:46]

Send a private message to this user    
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
her accent is fucking annoying. its like shes exaggerating the australian accent in her songs. plus she cant fucking keep it constant. as in, every now and then she'll pronounce words, or even half of words in the standard "american" accent that most singers use.

one of the very few musicians i cant stand.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes she does the aussie accent deliberately to make herself unique and sound more aussie unlike other australian acts that just sound like american clones
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG! she is so groundbreaking singing about her boyfriend AND girlfriend.

/sarcasm Rolling Eyes

urgh shes a marketing ploy aimed at the trendies who are moving into newtown pretending to be old time newtown (try anything) scummies.

this is 2004 (almost 2005!) if u think being gay or bisexual is new and trendy then best you move back to tasmania or another similar backwater.

yes the G&L mardi gra was first held 26 years ago! OMG so groundbreaking!
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Missy who? Never heard of her. Umm.. wasn't she one of the backing vocals for Janis Joplin... Smile

seeyuzz
river
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 16:57

her accent is fucking annoying. its like shes exaggerating the australian accent in her songs. plus she cant fucking keep it constant. as in, every now and then she'll pronounce words, or even half of words in the standard "american" accent that most singers use.

one of the very few musicians i cant stand.

Thanks, you took the words out of my mouth and saved me typing. I'm a big fan of the Aussie accent, but she shits me to tears.

And rob_RA40, for once I agree with you. Laughing
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she's got a head like a 1/2 eaten counter meal and her music shit's me to tears !!!!!!!
i don't give a shit if she didn't wash herself till a bloke gave her some soap and note !!!!!
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 18:21

I'm a big fan of the Aussie accent, but she shits me to tears.

indeed, i like the aussie accent when its for real, like in aussie frikkin hip hop Razz

but there is a couple of other bands (with female vocalists) that do the aussie accent thing, im not sure of the names, but i think one of them in the waifs. Rolling Eyes
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigg willie style wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 18:38

indeed, i like the aussie accent when its for real, like in aussie frikkin hip hop Razz

I only really listen to Aussie hip-hop these days...... But only artists that don't put on the American accent. I HATE that!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie hip hop is shit.
It's made for pill poppers and people who ride skateboards.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 18:57

Aussie hip hop is shit.

Righto Mookie! Laughing

What's wrong with skateboards, Mr 50cent?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing is wrong with them aslong as they stay in skateboard parks.

It's fiddy cent not fifty who r u my mother ?????? Very Happy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 19:05

nothing is wrong with them aslong as they stay in skateboard parks.

It's fiddy cent not fifty who r u my mother ?????? Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just like there's nothing wrong with performance cars as long as they stay on the track?

And yes, this is your mother speaking.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't drift my way to a race track would i ?
i don't like the way they just take over somewhere public and put people trying to get around town in danger.
I've seen it happen and i've run over their skateboards aswell and will continue to do so.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 19:14

i've run over their skateboards aswell and will continue to do so.

HAHAHAHA..... Yeah, I agree. But I use my board as transport I guess, rather than kickflipping over some passer-by's head in a public place. (well, thesedays anyway)

And yeah, Missy Higgins sucks a fat one.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that's ohk then aslong as ur not trying to do stuff u know you can't do and ur board hitting the side of my car.
I nearly killed somebody with their own skateboard for doing that.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 18:57

Aussie hip hop is shit.

hip hop isnt about the accent of the mc. suffa is way better than most of these shit house american gangstas coming out on the tailcoats of other rappers

dre begat eminem
eminem begat 50 cent
50 cent begat gunit
g unit begat llyod banks

get the picture?

these guys havent earnt anything. they have gotten famous from the promotion and whoring of a more well known "artist".
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mookie how are you gonna improve if you don't try shit you can't do? you gotta start somewhere...
i've been skateboarding for half my life, i got pretty damn good, now i'm too tired these days, haha
slutty wanna go for a skate then drift one day? haha
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't care if u do or don't skate just do it by yourself not near people or people's property.
I've had people arrested for skateboarding off the steps of my office.
I've also been arrested for what i did to the guy who cracked my windscreen with a flying skateboard.

I know what u mean about riding on coattails.
i don't care if they got shot or not it doesn't concern me.
Just aslong as the music is good then i'm happy with them.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she gives anyone that thinks they can pick up a mic and sing any shit a living hope that maybe one day they will make it too.

if only i could think of something to sing about... Rolling Eyes
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we just had our work xmas party. Damn i had a blast maggot onstage infront of 100 employees singing vanilla ice. Ice Ice baby. bouncing around and holding the mic 8 mile style. Chicks were dancing to my rapping damn it was funny. I reckon I could make it as an aussie rapper. lol Rolling Eyes
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
visual referance
http://www.thegov.com.au/images/artists/missy_higgins.jpg
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to some do with my parents and there was all old people singing old shit songs.
so when it got later and they got drunker i sang the nelly song "ride with me" they knew all the words ????????
it was so funny i had them waving their hands in the air and dancing with me.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She's as ugly as a bucket of assholes.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she's got a head like a kicked in shit tin and a body like a melted gumboot
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would rather eat a fridge full of arses than listen to her aural Diarrhoea.

and that is one rude head.

now whats this about pill poppin skateboarders??? It rap supposed to be about smokin pot right after you just popped a cap in yo niggaz ass coz he wuz feelin in yo biatchez snatch?

i think im going to go to bed now.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Wed, 22 December 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yo dogg why u gots to be hate'n ????

nah for real those are the only kind of people i see listening to that music.
it's a different style to other hip hop it's unique and it's also utter shite.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Thu, 23 December 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 22:15

she gives anyone that thinks they can pick up a mic and sing any shit a living hope that maybe one day they will make it too.

if only i could think of something to sing about... Rolling Eyes
I thought the idol shows did that. Wink What with the rubbish that ends up coming out of that trash heap. I guess the ones that actually do have talent also have the brains to not lower themselves to sucking the dicks of the judges to win.

Anyways, you could always change that song that mentions holden cars and meat pies to toyota cars and spring rolls. Very Happy Heck, anything is up for desecration these days, just look at that disgrace those communists did to our anthem.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Thu, 23 December 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pr1nce wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 20:55

slutty wanna go for a skate then drift one day? haha

Hell yeah! lol..... Even though my legs don't work anymore and I can hardly ollie these days! hahaha

And as for pill-popping skateboarders, wtf? I would classify myself as a 'skater', but I certainly don't pop pills. Hell, I don't even drink.

And I LOVE Aussie hip-hop.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Thu, 23 December 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
She looks kinda down syndrome,.....

(no offence intended)

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2004 03:32]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Thu, 23 December 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she is TOTALLY a fat tongue bandit! Laughing

***no offense to downs syndrome people, just a joke.
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Thu, 23 December 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't stand her.

Cheers
Soapy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Thu, 23 December 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i couldn't distinguish Rove when he did the re-enactment of the clip of her

grow some hair biatch!
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
icon2.gif  Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Thu, 23 December 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey! There's nothing wrong with pills ... Confused
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Sat, 25 December 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have to say that she has a unique voice but that means all her songs soung alike.... and i have to agree she needs some hair but saing she has down syndrome is abit harsh
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Sat, 25 December 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffft....picky c**ts, i'd root it Very Happy
turboke10
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Sun, 26 December 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry people but I just had to write this!::

Mookie: wrote
Quote:

well that's ohk then aslong as ur not trying to do stuff u know you can't do and ur board hitting the side of my car.
I nearly killed somebody with their own skateboard for doing that.

Ok. bull shit

Quote:

Aussie hip hop is shit.

Like people care about what you think?50 cent is a dumb coon. by the way

Quote:

I don't care if u do or don't skate just do it by yourself not near people or people's property.
I've had people arrested for skateboarding off the steps of my office.
I've also been arrested for what i did to the guy who cracked my windscreen with a flying skateboard.

Bwahahahahahahaha! what a load of total bullshite! Been arrested? hahahaha. you have had people arrested??? you fucking pussy!!!!!!!!! you say you have had people arrested for skateboarding on the steps but you got arrested for what you did???? nhahahahahahaha, who did you take on to get arrested? a midget?

Quote:

i went to some do with my parents and there was all old people singing old shit songs.
so when it got later and they got drunker i sang the nelly song "ride with me" they knew all the words ????????
it was so funny i had them waving their hands in the air and dancing with me.

hahahaha! what sort of a tool stands up and sings nelly in front of anyone? i would have loved to have been there!!! you would have looked like a total wankeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

also: do you go out with your pares often?

Quote:

she's got a head like a kicked in shit tin and a body like a melted gumboot

well the chick (if it is a chick?) in your avatar is no oil painting. infact i dont think even some beer goggles would improve her looks, at least missy has a talent.(to make up for her average looks)

I have read your posts and i must say, i think you are full of shit.

Kenneth

alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Sun, 26 December 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turboke10 wrote on Sun, 26 December 2004 15:42

well the chick (if it is a chick?) in your avatar is no oil painting. infact i dont think even some beer goggles would improve her looks, at least missy has a talent.(to make up for her average looks)

Its an example of the fine women tasmania has to offer Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Sun, 26 December 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kids we as got some dinnas tonite I scored meself some roadkill, (ding de ding de de ding ding)
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Sun, 26 December 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alex_ta22 wrote on Sun, 26 December 2004 09:59

pffft....picky c**ts, i'd root it Very Happy

mmmm rooooooot.... Smile
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Opinions on Missy Higgins Sun, 26 December 2004 15:10 Go to previous message

"pffft....picky c**ts, i'd root it :D"

bahahahah and thats all that matters
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Christmas wish list.......
Next Topic:Life's embarressing moments
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:55:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074379444122314 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.