Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wog_85
Occasional Poster

December 2004
3SFE conversion to turbo Wed, 22 December 2004 13:26 Go to next message
I was just wondering if neone could give me some help....i am wanting to turbo charge my st162 with a 3SFE engine...wat turbo should i put on it and what manafold and internals should be used? Is it worth turboing the 3SFE engine or buying the 3SGTE engine?
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Wed, 22 December 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the 3sgte, there is a big enuff increase to the 3sge, but the 3sgte has that much more on top of that.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Wed, 22 December 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look at the thread titled "celica engines........"
It's slightly different model but the same principle
wog_85
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Wed, 22 December 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would u b able to give me ne idea as to wat sort of turbo would fit my car saying i didnt want to get the 3sgte knowing that it is a option
wog_85
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Wed, 22 December 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhh and just another quick question... if i got the 3SGTE engine fitted would i have to buy another gear box seeing that the 3SGTE engine is RWD and if so wat gear box would b best for the job
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Wed, 22 December 2004 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use the same gearbox as you've got now untill it shits itself!
why would you want to stuff around with a 3sfe when the 3sgte is so avaliable and probably the cheaper way out in the long run.
seriously dude don't bother with a 3sfe. use it as a door stop or something. i couldn't see putting the 3sgte in being difficult.
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Thu, 23 December 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gen2 Camry's (1988-early 1992) also came with 3sfe's. search for that or just 3sfe in general...heres one i prepared earlier Razz turboing the camry

personally id' go the 3sgte for monetary reasons and for ease of conversion. if you truly do want to do a 3sfe converion be prepared to spend some money to get anywhere near the results of a 3sgte.

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Thu, 23 December 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wog_85 wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 02:07

ohhh and just another quick question... if i got the 3SGTE engine fitted would i have to buy another gear box seeing that the 3SGTE engine is RWD and if so wat gear box would b best for the job

the 3S were mainly FWD and 4WD.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Thu, 23 December 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 13:22

the 3S were mainly FWD and 4WD.

Nope, 4WD and RWD. But the RWD is a front wheel drive type transverse setup in the MR2. Gearbox just has shifter linkages on the front instead of the back of the box.

Callum
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Thu, 23 December 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the beams 3sge? thats rwd coz it was in an altezza right?
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Thu, 23 December 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i Believe that the 3S's were used in celicas(FWD and 4WD), camerys(FWD), MR2's(mid mounted RWD) and caldinas(4WD). The GT4 and the MR2 still had the East West configuration even tho they used the rear wheels. For the sake of the mods that this guy wants to do lets not go confusing him by saying that they are RWD(MR2, easily modded to FWD), or 4WD(GT4, with a new box changes to FWD)

If you knew me you would know tha i am using a modified MR2 turbo box with the LSD so i know about the mr2 linkages.

Yes the 3S's were probally used in more cars but lets not talk about cars not relevent to this mod.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: 3SFE conversion to turbo Thu, 23 December 2004 03:18 Go to previous message
I was referring to the 3S-GTE being 4WD and RWD transverse setup. As far as I am aware, the 3S-GTE was never available in FWD from the factory.

Callum
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Blitz MSTT Manual
Next Topic:Getting rims made for an MA61.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:34:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060579776763916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.