Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » injector kits from repco? useful?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

injector kits from repco? useful? Wed, 22 December 2004 03:38 Go to next message
am thinking of getting these kits from repco so i can replace the o-rings in the 1g and 4agze injectors i have.

part# IRK 712
cost $12 approx

each kit does 2 injectors

is listed as suitable for 5ME but the rings on all these inj. appear to be same/similar.

anyone else tried them, if so did they come with all three rings?

tia, charles.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Wed, 22 December 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so that works out at $6 an injector?

I pay $16.50 an injector, to get them rebuilt with all new seals.

Doesn't that sound like a better deal?
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Wed, 22 December 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just used air con orings on mine after the old ones leaked...seem to be doing alright atm but havent been in there to long yet
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Wed, 22 December 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 17:03

I pay $16.50 an injector, to get them rebuilt with all new seals.

Doesn't that sound like a better deal?

i wish i could find that deal in brisbane - i wasted part of an afternoon (at work) going thru the EFI listing in the yellowpages asking for rebuild prices - seems like everyone in BNE is >$30. the cheapest 'mobile' guy (comes around with truck) was $35.

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Wed, 22 December 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i got mine done for $30 each as well Sad
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Wed, 22 December 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my 1ggte injectors done for $27.50 each from a mobile guy, in Brissy.

Mobile Injector Service (MIS)

The guy explained what was happenin as he cleaned em etc, was good Smile.

That was about 6 weeks ago, they give them back to you in a sealed bag with a bit of oil in there, keeps em fresh till you are ready to use em again.

Oh also that was with the injectors already removed. One place at Tingalpa wanted $45 each and I had to take em there, sheesh.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2004 14:30]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pffft, whack em in a box, $8 postage to Perth, I'll give em to my guy, $8 postage back, done.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL Very Happy

so what do they actually do when 'servicing injectors'?

replace both o-rings (20c each?) replace filter inside (?$ ),
when they ultrasonically clean them are they pulsing fuel/injector cleaning fluid(?) or are they just stationary in the ultrasonic bath?
curious as i might need to do this soon,m but have most of the tools at my disposal (yeah i did google Razz, but there are many variations on 'servicing')
Cya, Stewart

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2004 00:25]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say yeah, thats about it.
Strip down, replace seals, ultrasonic clean, test flow/pattern.
Pass.
Done.

Thats why $30 an injector is a ripoff.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well this is what i was hoping to do (with the aid of Wilbo):
-clean injector exterior in carb cleaner or shellite (or some kind of 'white spirit')
-clean injectors in ultrasonic bath (with carbi cleaner?)
-extra cleaning around pintle (toothbrush & elbow grease)
-replace the o-rings
-fit into wilbo's custom-made injecto-cleanorama (5ME fuel rail, cresidda fuel pump and custom receiver)
-drive with a MS (or a sig gen switching a big FET)
-pump thru carb cleaner or some kind of lite oil (or petrol?)
-do a timed run at duty cycle of ??% and at fuel pressure ??kpa to calculate flow

costs:
$6 per injector for o-rings
$10 worth of carb cleaner
$10 worth of undetermined volatile oil

..oh, a fire extinguisher Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i have plans of that nature too Wink just haven't gotten around to it....

now if you could immerse the firing injector into the ultrasonic bath.... Very Happy

connect up any old pressure reg and you will get 40psi, so pressure is not an issue.. run it at maybe? 75% duty? 50% duty?
i was thinking a mixture of fuel and Wynns blah blah, as i have heard rumours of that working..

oh, and do outdoors so that _when_ it catches fire, you don't lose your garage/loungeroom/bedroom, wherever you were cleaning them Very Happy main prob will be the fumes from the injector spray.. i was thinking of spraying into glass conical flasks perhaps... can see the injector pattern, and can stop when a given volume has been passed...
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 13:39

yeah i have plans of that nature too Wink just haven't gotten around to it....

now if you could immerse the firing injector into the ultrasonic bath.... Very Happy

connect up any old pressure reg and you will get 40psi, so pressure is not an issue.. run it at maybe? 75% duty? 50% duty?
i was thinking a mixture of fuel and Wynns blah blah, as i have heard rumours of that working..

oh, and do outdoors so that _when_ it catches fire, you don't lose your garage/loungeroom/bedroom, wherever you were cleaning them Very Happy main prob will be the fumes from the injector spray.. i was thinking of spraying into glass conical flasks perhaps... can see the injector pattern, and can stop when a given volume has been passed...

hehe, yep, will be using the stock 40psi ish FPR, a question I have tho, is...injector ratings, for example 5me injectors are rated at 180cc, that 180cc is @ 40psi, and what duty cycle?, I need to find out the duty cycle!

My plan was to spray each injector into a 600ml coke bottle, and install drain valves at the bottom, and mark the containers so as to enable measuring of throughput. So quite close to a sealed system...

Cheers
Wilbo
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 14:10

hehe, yep, will be using the stock 40psi ish FPR, a question I have tho, is...injector ratings, for example 5me injectors are rated at 180cc, that 180cc is @ 40psi, and what duty cycle?, I need to find out the duty cycle!

My plan was to spray each injector into a 600ml coke bottle, and install drain valves at the bottom, and mark the containers so as to enable measuring of throughput. So quite close to a sealed system...

Cheers
Wilbo

as far as i know, that is at 80% duty cycle, as above 80% you can start to have irregularities in the opening and closing times, but that also depends on the rpm... i think an opening and closing event takes about 1-2ms...
then again, maybe they apply a lower current and hold them open?

if you are at 4000rpm, each engine cycle is 32ms, and ech rpm is 16ms, so 80% duty at 4000rpm might be a good measuring point?

ahh, good idea with the coke bottles Smile you may need to provide some kind of vapour/pressure release.. but to reduce that you could run the fuel thru an icebath/dryice bath (dry ice and methanl/metho can be good for -30 deg!!) prior to reaching the injectors.. ie reduce vapour pressure and volatility... maybe thats taking it a bit too far tho Wink

Cya, Stewart
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 14:17

ahh, good idea with the coke bottles Smile you may need to provide some kind of vapour/pressure release.. but to reduce that you could run the fuel thru an icebath/dryice bath (dry ice and methanl/metho can be good for -30 deg!!) prior to reaching the injectors.. ie reduce vapour pressure and volatility... maybe thats taking it a bit too far tho Wink

Cya, Stewart

yeah i was tossing around cooling setups... dry ice setup, vapour phase system, pelter's as a few ideas (wait a second, no i wasn't! Very Happy)....I don't think the system was going to be quite that techo! I was hoping I'd get the system running and find that not much vapour was produced Confused

btw thanks for the duty cycle comments, I wasn't thinking correctly /in depth enough about the thing in retrospect Smile I wounder if anyone works in a EFI shop and can set us straight?!

Cheers
Wilbo
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Thu, 23 December 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 21:49

I wounder if anyone works in a EFI shop and can set us straight?!

well, to be honest, i reckon 90% of them wouldn't Wink

and Peltier are terribly inefficient.. have used them for cooling systems for small airspaces and even then they were not great.. would hate to see how bad they are for a dynamic fluid system Very Happy
Cya, Stewart
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: injector kits from repco? useful? Fri, 24 December 2004 06:32 Go to previous message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 23:53

wilbo666 wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 21:49

I wounder if anyone works in a EFI shop and can set us straight?!

well, to be honest, i reckon 90% of them wouldn't Wink

and Peltier are terribly inefficient.. have used them for cooling systems for small airspaces and even then they were not great.. would hate to see how bad they are for a dynamic fluid system Very Happy
Cya, Stewart

yep! ur prbly right on all counts there Sad

stupid peltiers, I've played with them in both air and water cooled forms in computers...always seems like too much effort for so little gain Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE slow as... 66kws at fw slow.
Next Topic:TA22 Rear Windows
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 06:57:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044739246368408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.