Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » SOLD-CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

SOLD-CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Sat, 17 April 2004 22:49 Go to next message
Cheap 1G-GE for sale! (Twincam, 6cyl, 24valve, 2L)

I bought it 3 years ago from importer and its sat in my garage since, no longer required. Its only done 28000Km!!!

Has no ECU or AFM so it would make an excellent spare engine if you have one already, or if you have plans to run an aftermarket ECU.

$300
Or best offer!

Reply or Ring me on 0402 351 230

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=3995http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=3996http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=3997

Attachment: Image040.jpg
(Size: 15.36KB, Downloaded 508 time(s))
Attachment: Image041.jpg
(Size: 17.29KB, Downloaded 497 time(s))
Attachment: Engine.JPG
(Size: 14.09KB, Downloaded 493 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 02:23]

Send a private message to this user    
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Tue, 20 April 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump.

C'mon, Its even got pics now!
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Thu, 29 April 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C' mon guys!

Any reasonable offers!!!? Surely someone wants one of these little revvvy engines for their Celica, 'Rolla or Gokart!? Mad

Its a shame to see such a good-nick engine just sitting there!
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Sun, 09 May 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose it all depends how low you cn go and the price of all the other parts to get it going?
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Sun, 09 May 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Price drop!

$300
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Sun, 09 May 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do you think it would cost to get the other bits to make it run?? I haven't been looking for a while so I don't know where to start?
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Mon, 10 May 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Blaze.

Look im not totally sure, but if u hunted down a AFM and ECU u could probably pay $300 for em all up? just a guess.

Anybody else got a clue?

Alternativly u could find a really early version of a microtech or equiv, for even cheaper. That would run it well as it is just a basic type fuel injected motor. (no VVT or anything) and then u wouldnt need to source an AFM. You could get an early aftermarket ECU for alot less than the proper 1G-GE ECU and AFM.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Mon, 10 May 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replies, I guess I have to weigh up weather it is worth the hassle, I put a 18rgeu in about a year ago. Its great but stack standard and a little gutless. So I am trying to see if it feasible with as little fuss to do the conversion. I guess all engine upgrades cost more then you think and take up much more time then you thought was possible.
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Tue, 11 May 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interest retracted due to life!

Sorry, good luck with the sale, looks like a good engine.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 May 2004 04:34]

Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Wed, 12 May 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can confirm that it is not seized! I put a tiny bit of oil in each bore when i got it and i regularly turn it over with the crank puley to keep it free moving and prevent it from seizing up. Exterior condition is excellent rocker covers look as new! When i swapped the sump over to the mid-rear sump, i looked in at the crank shaft and cylinder bores which looked to be in awesome nick.

But because i havent got the ECU, i therfore, have never started the engine.

Manifolds look great. Slight rusty colour on the exhaust as u would expect and it still has the 02 sensor in the manifold.

I also have a fuel pump to suit it, and a radiator.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 May 2004 01:36]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Wed, 12 May 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude hows things,

i reckon i might be interested in this little motor of urs.. but i just gotta talk to someone about it first..

cheers
gumby
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Tue, 21 December 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP!

Make me an offer.

Im in Coffs...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Wed, 22 December 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if only you had, or someone had, all of the electronics to go with this motor!
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Wed, 22 December 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
chris philpott
Regular

November 2002
Re: CHEAP 1G-GE, LOW Km's!!! (now with Pics) Thu, 23 December 2004 01:19 Go to previous message
PM Sent.

Cheers Chris Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EOI 215mm 4age flywheel
Next Topic:*SOLD*JDM T50 gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:27:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055520534515381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.