Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 11:07 Go to next message
Hey guys,

Im currently quite interested to know the reason. The news reporters are saying Truck drivers are the worst drivers on the earth or at least making it out.
My message to the news reporters: Get of your fat arse and get in a truck cabin for a day and see what some car driving fuckwits do lol.

Anyways thats not the point of this thread. Im interested in knowing why you a car driver would do such a thing. Ok im a car driver to but i don't do this shit.

1) Heading up past Nowra and nevertheless it's Sunday so we have ma and pa out for their Sunday run. Smile
Fair enough but why do 70 in the 90 zone then when it has dual lane shove your foot through the floor?
Then when it goes back to sigal lane slow back down to 70. Me don't understand this.
People that are most common: Young drivers, Old farts and females.

2) This goes for everyone. Why don't you god damn understand what the word MERGE mean ? Common it's simple i'll say it with you M E R G E. Right now we have the word done. Smile
Why merge at the last second when there is no traffic ? Why sit beside a semi trailer when your ment to merge? ( in the end the truck has to slow down otherwise go under the wheels ).
Id love to hear the answer here...

3) This is highlighted at females: When you have a right turn only lane and a go straight lane why do pull in the right hand turn lane and then drag the truck? Is it due to your a bitch and you in patient, like cmon. Why ???

I have many many more but just like to hear peoples reactions first.

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2004 11:07]

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I give truckies a lot of cred - most of them are pretty good drivers. The number of cars I see hoon beside a truck approaching a red light then pull in front of it and jam on the brakes... I just wish they'd get totalled.. they deserve it!
I also figure that trucks have much more momentum, so generally speaking the onus is on a car to move out of the way of a truck (assuming that one or the other must change speed/lanes and it's an ambiguous situation).
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

This is highlighted at females: When you have a right turn only lane and a go straight lane why do pull in the right hand turn lane and then drag the truck? Is it due to your a bitch and you in patient, like cmon. Why ???

I dont know what you are talking about. Dont generalise so wideley.
Personally, if a lane is designated to turn right, and i am in it, it generally means i am planning on turning right....

I give truckies cred where its due as well.. they have riduclous deadlines to meet... and doing things like driving for 'x' amount of hours straight would take the absoloute shit out of you...

However i have also had some truck drivers who think they own the road, acting like assholes i.e i have been in a lane behind another car, and the truck is trying to merge in... the truck nose is exactly level with the front of my car so i am speeding up to give him some space ( as much as i can with a car in front) , however, he kept speeding up as well ( if he had already had the speed up, and the momentum, i would have given way to him, but it wasnt like that, this merging lane is right after a set of lights...) and he started merging with me there so i am stuck in between a truck and a concrete barricade, causing me eventually to slow down and pull back the entire length of the truck whilst trying to stay off the wall.... whereas he could have given me maybe 1 - 2 metres at the most and i would have been in front of him....

If there is a truck in a lane stopped at lights and there is am empty lane beside him, i jump into the lane next to him just so i can take off and i dont get stuck behind him.....

I think its just the same with cars, there are idiots who drive cars, and there are idiots who drive trucks......

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2004 12:07]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

3) This is highlighted at females: When you have a right turn only lane and a go straight lane why do pull in the right hand turn lane and then drag the truck? Is it due to your a bitch and you in patient, like cmon. Why ???

FEMALES! hardly lol.. though, I would be tempted to do this.. if there was no traffic on the other side

I think a lot of truck drivers are really good, and I have total respect for their skill (and patience) a lot of the time they really amaze me with their abilities

however, it is an minority that give the rest a bad name.. wait.. now where else is that true... hmm.. p-platers maybe??

but yeah
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 22:55]
Quote:

I give truckies cred where its due as well.. they have riduclous deadlines to meet... and doing things like driving for 'x' amount of hours straight would take the absoloute shit out of you...

However i have also had some truck drivers who think they own the road

I think the two points are linked. Im a fairly cautious and curtious driver.

But after recently driving to melbourne and it taking 20hrs straight (scenic route).. I can tell you the mentality you get into after such a span is interesting. Especially after ariving in another state and being tailgated and almost rammed numerous times. All regard for any laws pretty much just faded on me. It was all a big case of 'meh' im going to get to my motel room asap.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think for them its like a catch 22 situation... we were watching a show the other day ( actually, it was oprah Laughing Laughing Laughing ) about how some truck driver was just going too fast and didnt have time to stop at an intersection so he ran it and cleaned up a car and killed 2 girls.... it got us talking about how the deadlines they have to meet are a bit ridiculous and how then taking speed etc so they can stay awake and make the 15+ hour drives.... i think they have to legally stop after a certain amount of hours, and have a break and a sleep, however, if they dont meet their deadlines, there are always other people out there willing to take their jobs... but then if they go ahead with the driving and sleep deprivation, risk not being able to drive properley, taking drugs to stay awake and speeding to be on time, losing common (sp)curteosy/sense...

i dunno, but i couldnt do it...

(p.s im not just making an assumption they take drugs and speed, ive known a few drivers who have done it so they can stay awake...)
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not saying it's you that are doing it. Im trying to figure out why lol.

14 hours is the max you can drive with breaks. 12hours straight but you Must of had 8 hours rest before hand. All this Must be shown in a log book which by law needs to bell filled out when you go 50km from the city you live.

Now that i've said that. The rate of pay to hours to bloody awesome. Melbourne and back would give you $650 for 3 - 4 days work for example. Trouble is they earn $1800 a week and pay $500 odd in tax.

Anyways enough of me carrying on there.

few others are highbeam, left on till last minute. I tell you what once the truck high beam gets on they tend to change. Mainly 4WD owners that do this.

High beam behind the truck while tailgating. This is everyone yet again lol. They can see your lights in their mirrors just to let you know Smile

Another thing i might like to add if a truck is up your arse and there is a up hill part coming, even if it seems small to you in a car it basicaly means he wants a run up.

Yeap by now i sound like a precher but i just come to understand what people do around trucks.

Tip drivers are rejected truckies and are normally hoons ( like P platters lol ). 95% of them should be of the road.

Speed limiters are set from 103 to 115. Now cmon us cars get away with 5km/h. Was watching the news tonight and found them making a bitch of a truck going past them at 5Km/h weird lol Anyways i gota go. Smile

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love truckies!!! so helpfull on the highway. i came booting along a highway one day for a truck to start using blinkers and shit. Thought it was a little strange so slowed down............ cops!! I be as curtious to truckies as much as possible (the hill thing etc) cos i know what comes around goes around, I help them out.... they usually help me out!

Heard a funny story one day of a chick brake testing a truck..... needless to say you can guess what the end result was.......... the car ended up being a little more compact then it was on showroom floor Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I find most truckies pretty good on the road. It bugs me a bit when they drive side-by-side and become a mobile roadblock, but in general, the large truckies are good.

The nobs who drive smaller trucks around the city are pretty woeful.

I have also found chicks to be the best and worse drivers on the road. Chicks who drive in peak hour each day are some of the most patient and best drivers I've seen. Chicks who just drive around locally, when they get into peak hour, are a disaster.

I've found that "generally" chicks in large 4WD vehicles should buy something smaller, or learn how to drive and park these tanks. I've been watching them try and manourver and park these 3 ton pieces of crap in the mall and it'd be funny if it wans't so embarrasing. No doubt, their small-dicked husbands went and bought the car and the poor wife/gf has to drive the monstrosity around. Those people-mover shitheaps are almost as bad.

seeyuzz
river

gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why? Mon, 20 December 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recon most truckies are doing allright when u see what cars do to them, as u mentioned

but have u ever noticed that in trafic, once a truck gets moving it moves faster than the line of retards in the next lane trying to get past it Laughing
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: Why? Tue, 21 December 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love truckies but theyve got something against my sister. Laughing Laughing Going down to wollongong several times theyve tried to follow/take her out in her VL, and one time she reckons she was boxed in by 3 trucks and tried to be run off the road Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ah good times with fire arms. PEACE OUT
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Why? Tue, 21 December 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got another question because this really gives me the shits.

Why do people cruise below the speed limit in the right hand lane? this usually happens right next to a car in the left lane so your stuck!

driving along monavale road on sunday, the middle lane and right lane full of cars tailgating each other when there was heaps of space in the left lane.

if only people would overtake and then hope back into the left lane..
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Why? Tue, 21 December 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 00:48

I think for them its like a catch 22 situation... we were watching a show the other day ( actually, it was oprah Laughing Laughing Laughing ) about how some truck driver was just going too fast and didnt have time to stop at an intersection so he ran it and cleaned up a car and killed 2 girls.... it got us talking about how the deadlines they have to meet are a bit ridiculous and how then taking speed etc so they can stay awake and make the 15+ hour drives.... i think they have to legally stop after a certain amount of hours, and have a break and a sleep, however, if they dont meet their deadlines, there are always other people out there willing to take their jobs... but then if they go ahead with the driving and sleep deprivation, risk not being able to drive properley, taking drugs to stay awake and speeding to be on time, losing common (sp)curteosy/sense...

i dunno, but i couldnt do it...

(p.s im not just making an assumption they take drugs and speed, ive known a few drivers who have done it so they can stay awake...)

sounds like they need a UNION. or a better one if they already have one.

and i dont like truckies, i always see them running red lights, and it seems to me like they think they are more important than anyone else on the road (generally, not all the time) because they are doing a job. same thing with van drivers (as in transport van, not passenger van)

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Why? Tue, 21 December 2004 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i can't stand is middle aged women in 4wds (or middle aged women in general!)....... they have a habbit of trying to take me out!!
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Why? Thu, 23 December 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just adhere to a simple rule when driving- Don't Fuck With A Truck. Basically no matter what the rules say, you can't beat pure physics ie momentum, etc. One of my workmates told me some of the shit that her husband had to put up with as a truck driver and it's a job i wouldn't take for quids. They get my respect. At the end of the day both car and truck drivers exhibit good and bad driving, everyone just needs to show a bit of respect to one another and use a bit of common sense. Cheers.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2004 02:45]

MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Why? Thu, 23 December 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe its like the food chain.. bigger, well, not nessasarily is better, but it comes out best... car beats a bike, 4wd beats a car, and trucks smash everything....
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Why? Fri, 24 December 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally, I hate trucks,
I can't stand sitting beside them in traffic but mainly because i am to worried about them getting to close to my car, and I mean with a baby on both sides of the car I generally either get infrount of them or just stick behind them, i just don't feel safe traveling beside them.
BUt I don't go getting into turn only lanes or shit like that ,,,, that is just stupidity.
But in saying that I do have a great deal of respect for them, I give them plenty of room when pulling back infront of them and give them plenty of warning if i'm slowing down ie, to turn at an intersection ot stopping at lights,
Altho I do have one that owes me $300 odd dolars and 3 points for pushing my through a set of lights with a red light camera on it Mad Mad I was stopping for the lights and he comes up behind me pretty fast and starts flashing his lights to I just keep going through the lights( flash flash) but hey so did he.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 December 2004 22:45]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Why? Mon, 27 December 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've driven a few rigid's around as well as a lot of car trailers etc.

It can be some stressful stuff... especially in metro area's where the roads aren't really wide enough.

When you're driving on both the left and right hand lines because the road isn't wide enough, then dickheads overtake you at stupid speeds yelling profanities you really don't feel like giving them any courtesy.

The worst is when someone cuts you off at the lights... it's like some people don't understand the laws of physics and expect you to be able to pull a truck up as fast as a small car can pull up!

There are some dodgy truckies too though... Some truckies travel in pairs for moderately long runs and take turns at tailgating each other (i.e. within cm's of each other) to avoid getting busted by the safe-t-cams.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Why? Mon, 27 December 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every one on the road is semi-retarted....
end of the line we all make mistakes or do stupid things which means no one is perfect and all must die.

thank you for your time
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Why? Mon, 27 December 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Mon, 27 December 2004 21:47

every one on the road is semi-retarted....
end of the line we all make mistakes or do stupid things which means no one is perfect and all must die.

thank you for your time

Agreed, we all do some stupid shit. But what amaze's me is why they continue to do it? I'll make a video sometime next week. They know they do it and the only reason i can think of is to anoy lol.

Im surprised in the amount of replies this post has made.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Why? Mon, 27 December 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truck drivers or taxi drivers are labelled bad drivers cos 1 of them does 1 mistake which means all of them are crap drivers...

Quote:

The worst is when someone cuts you off at the lights... it's like some people don't understand the laws of physics and expect you to be able to pull a truck up as fast as a small car can pull up!

i agree, truck drivers should be given less slack cos they have to haul shit around and some ppl just dont understand wat will happen if they take on a truck... that right kids! OWNAGE
http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/images/photoarc/crashes/car-truck-intersect.jpg

with that aside, i HATE FOG LIGHTS AND DICK HEADS WHO LEAVE HIGH BEAM ON OR DRIVE WITH FOG LIGHTS DURING THE DAY...
http://www.performancestylingcentre.com.au/exterior/oem%20fog%20lights%20lc%20accent%201.jpg
oem foglights.. wow lets get the crowbar out
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Why? Tue, 28 December 2004 15:55 Go to previous message
I understand with truckies some shit cant be helped but as for taxi drivers they are a different story altogether, driving in the city they just stop whereever they feel like it ( usually in the middle of the road) waiting for people to jump in their cabs and they just jump in and out of lanes and they dont merge into traffic, they BARGE into traffic, and i dont know whether they have to pay for damage on their cabs or what it is, but they just dont give a shit, and you are usually the one caving in because otherwise they'll just drive straight thru your car.... i dont thikn ive ever seen a taxi driver ever use an indicator either...
i dont get taxi drivers...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Very funny
Next Topic:Look in and be shocked
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:30:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067529678344727 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.