Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » air compressor quaries!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ton-kra
Regular

October 2004
air compressor quaries!!! Fri, 24 December 2004 12:41 Go to next message
i want to buy air compressor to spray paint my car ( whole car ). what size and model should i get?? eg. 2hp or 2.5hp, 40-50LT. could anyone suggested me please.....

thx guys
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: air compressor quaries!!! Fri, 24 December 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i painted my car useing a 12cfm 45 liter tank compressor, personaly i would not go smaller than that.
ton-kra
Regular

October 2004
Re: air compressor quaries!!! Sat, 25 December 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi thx man... so i should get the 45L up what about the power, what hp??
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: air compressor quaries!!! Sat, 25 December 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Find the biggest, fattest one you can afford, and double it. Otherwise it won't be good for much more than busting bouncy balls Razz
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: air compressor quaries!!! Sat, 25 December 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure what volume mine is, but the tank is 1400x400mm. it is electric and can sustain 275-odd litres per minute at 90psi. requires a 15A power circuit
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: air compressor quaries!!! Sat, 25 December 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what kind of spray gun do you recommend eg high pressure gravity feed etc.
acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: air compressor quaries!!! Sun, 26 December 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ideal is a HVLP system. These use a pot under the gun and can be hired from some larger paint supplies shops.

The name says it all
High Volume(air) Low Pressure. They will spray continously, until you run out of paint in the pot. $2500 for a decent one to buy. ( Not sure on the hire price)
Tell the shop what you want to spray and they will change the fluid cap to suit your application, Probably a No2.
They compress the air through a turbine and that heats the air as well, funny that!
Small portable and easy to operate.
Plugs in to any power point.

If compressor suits you better then, 12 cfm is the minimum for continous spraying.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 December 2004 03:51]

checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: air compressor quaries!!! Sun, 26 December 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ones at Supercheap aren't bad. 2Hp 21 litre for $50 for the one i got because it had a stuffed reg but their $120 normally.

Stuffed if i know what cfm does. Holds 120psi which i thought was good for it's size. Decided to test it with some power tools and it held it for a good 2 minutes. A spray gun would have to last heaps longer than that. Smile

Be interesting to see how the Bunnings one goes. 25 litre tank and 2.5hp for $89 i think. Smile
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: air compressor quaries!!! Tue, 28 December 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paint gun selection, for primer, you can get away with a pot under gun suction type(2mm). However, for top coats, I would recommend you use a top pot gravity feed gun(1.2mm - 1.4mm). They give a much better finish.

regards Chuck.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: air compressor quaries!!! Tue, 28 December 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx chuck i think thats wot i will do.
e performance
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: air compressor quaries!!! Tue, 28 December 2004 06:13 Go to previous message
Hi... the power of the electrical engine (2, 3, 10 HP) dont means nothing..., the really important is the the size of the tank...and the CFM of mechanical compressor unit to mantain the pressure work, (varies with the amount of air need to make the specific work, long of pipes and hoses after the compressor regulator valve).. to paint cars and a lot of neumatics works... the mediane size of compressor are good..(2.5HP 45lts tank for ex.)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Brake Upgrade 20series Soarer
Next Topic:Looking into fitting toyota engine into VH Commodore.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 16:04:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072798728942871 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.