Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots Fri, 24 December 2004 11:28 Go to next message
Yes, I know this is another Hilux diff thread and I understand if I am beaten down for it. Point being is that I read an article in the latest Zoom magazine and a bloke in Tassie has a Hilux 2WD ute with a 1JZ conversion. The article mentioned that he was using the RN27 Hilux diff that had been converted to disc brakes using BMW rotors and 300ZX twin spot calipers. Just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about this mod?Cheers.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 December 2004 13:00]

Send a private message to this user    
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots Fri, 24 December 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW, he had also used the BMW hand brake assembly.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots Fri, 24 December 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well that makes i a bit hard to track down , since bmws have had rear disc brake desigh that all are very alike since the 70's . Was it four stud ? five stud ? to fit a z32 300zx rear caliper in must have had a thick disc so might have been a e12 ? e34 ? e32 , must have been a five series if this was the case . All have huge internal drum brake set ups and large pad surface area . I seems like a really good idea since no one is going to really upgrade the bmw in the braking area . Wreckers might be full of that gear .
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots Fri, 24 December 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry if my description was a bit vague but the article wasn't really in depth when it came to the diff mods. The guy owns a performance shop in Tassie so I might have to contact him through either the shop or write a letter via the mag. Like Toyota, BMW apparently has a reputation for over engineering their cars therefore my interest in this particular mod. Also was I correct in saying the diff was from a RN27 as the article stated it was from a 1976 Hilux, so I'm pretty much going on assumption and we all know how dangerous that is?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots Fri, 24 December 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to see a hilux disk brake setup, come and have a look at mine in the new year.
Racing
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots Fri, 24 December 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't seen the issue of ZOOM, but is the ute a blue one?
slylux
Regular

January 2003
    nup
Re: Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots Sat, 25 December 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes please tell us what issue number as i would like to check it out . compare it to my 1jz lux ..
are u sure they are not talking about the front brakes being upgraded to those specs u mention ..

Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Hilux Diff + BMW Rotors and 300ZX Twin Spots Sun, 26 December 2004 00:36 Go to previous message
The issue in question is Zoom NO.84. It is the blue hilux ute. The front brakes are vented Supra discs with Hilux four spot calipers.The rear end is a combination of BMW rotors and handbrake mech with Nissan 300ZX twin spot calipers mounted to an RN27 Hilux 2WD ute diff. Sorry if I was a bit vague in previous posts.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:silicone and rust
Next Topic:4age swap into te27, help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:29:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068180561065674 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.