Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
1JZ belt problem Sun, 26 December 2004 11:32 Go to next message
I'm having a weird problem with my jzz30 soarer. I started it this morning and heard a very strange noise so i drove it about 1/2 km to the nearest servo and had a look under the bonnet. I noticed that one of the "wheels" in the belt layout wasn't spinning and the belt passing over it was what was making this noise.

I also notice coolant was sprayed on the turbo side of the intercooler piping, it was also sprayed on the cam gears cover also on the turbo side. The radiator was low even though the reservoir was half full.

http://www.jzgte.com/tech/1jzgte/1JZ_Serpentine_Be lt.jpg

this is a belt pattern i looked up and it looks like it is the air conditioner unit if thats what "AC" stands for. I had noticed previously that when the air conditioner was on there was a weird supercharger like noise coming from the engine and as soon as the A/C was turned off the noise went.

can anyone confirm that this is the A/C unit and if this will explain the coolant spray in the engine bay? an replacement costs?

thanks in advance.
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ belt problem Sun, 26 December 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep thats your AC - sounds like the compressor has seized and gone to God.

if the belt was also siezed on this stationary pulley, then it will prevent the water pump from turning - which could cause the engine to overheat - if this is the case, its possible that coolant that let loose from a hose somewhere, or that it simply spewed from your overflow bottle, and got blown around the engine bay...

sounds like a new AC compressor for you
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ belt problem Sun, 26 December 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
God damn it, bound to happen during summer. Is this part expensive and difficult labour wise to replace?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ belt problem Sun, 26 December 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends exactly what happened. could just be a siezed clutch bearing, or it could be the compressor itself. either case, the thing needs to come off the car for a workbench pull-down...

the cheapest way out - find a second hand unit: odds on youll be able to pick up one from here

if youre up to it, removing the old one, and installing the replacement is pretty easy - however, you will need to decompress the entire A/C system, which means once its all reassembled it will need to be regassed.

otherwise, rock up to your mechanic with 2nd hand part in the boot, and say "please install that and regas the sucker".

getting them to supply a new part i suspect will be $$$

cheers
ed
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ belt problem Sun, 26 December 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks a lot ed_ma61. I'm guessing it wouldn't be a good idea to drive it , which means I'll be rockin out in a hyundai excel till after new years.... totally gayness achieved... oh well I'll appreciate the car that much more when it gets back Surprised
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ belt problem Sun, 26 December 2004 12:19 Go to previous message
no, i wouldnt be driving it if the belt is infact siezing, and preventing the water pump from turning No No No
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OIL PRESURE LIGHT
Next Topic:A/C from halfcut to hilux
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 20:05:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038909912109375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.