Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Fitting a set of Twin 40 DCOEs onto a stock 2TB

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fangshade
Newcomer

December 2004
Fitting a set of Twin 40 DCOEs onto a stock 2TB Mon, 27 December 2004 08:54 Go to next message
Greetings all

I got a 1971 TA 22 with a STOCK 2TB engine in it. I manage to get my hands on a 2nd hand set of Twin 40 DCOE. It came off a Starlet. I got the necessary manifold for them to bolt on. Anything that I should look out for? It will be my first time strapping on the webers, would be excellent if any of you have advice on jets, tuning and what I should do. Rather than me going at it BLIND Cool , at least i will not be too far off if one of you have done it before. I can at least do a + or - from your settings.

Anyone has the appropriate jets and the throttle linkage for a stock 2TB for sale? AS mentioned before, the 40 DCOEs were tuned for a Starlet to begin with.

Cheers from Singapore! Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fitting a set of Twin 40 DCOEs onto a stock 2TB Mon, 27 December 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being in singapore its gunna be hard to help out but theres a company called redline that makes the throttle cable kits and such to suit applications such as these ..

youll need to find a mechanic who can dial in your webers , otherwise it will run like shit - most likely too rich .

jets are engine specific - there isnt a " set " that you can just plug in and play - it all needs to be balanced in professionally

Dyno tuning would help this ..
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: Fitting a set of Twin 40 DCOEs onto a stock 2TB Mon, 27 December 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit: am foolish, thought you said DHLA, not DCOE

all apologies Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 30 December 2004 12:04]

Fangshade
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: Fitting a set of Twin 40 DCOEs onto a stock 2TB Thu, 30 December 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed motoring in SG is not really exciting Crying or Very Sad I totally understand that there is not carved in stone settings for the DCOEs. I was wondering through your knowledge and experience, is there some recommendation? I will then tune and do a + or - from the recommended setting. In other words, for a standard 2T engine, what is recommended by Webers and also through trial and error that you may have found out.

I will be stripping the carbs and check on what needs to be ordered. thanks again
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Fitting a set of Twin 40 DCOEs onto a stock 2TB Thu, 30 December 2004 04:13 Go to previous message
be prepared to spend a lot of time and money getting these to work, i know first hand that setting up injection will be easier and cheaper but if you are like me and love the twin carb roar here is some info that may help :

http://www.teglerizer.com/dcoe/index.html
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can you drive a 4AGE without a MAP sensor?
Next Topic:5 Speed for AE71 van
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 08:50:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006321907043457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.