Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Tue, 28 December 2004 02:17 Go to next message
To all interested:

I am considering selling my st162. I have been saving like a mad man to do this car up, and i have no problems in spending the money on this car, but the temptation to buy a gt4 is too great.

It has power windows, black interior, air-con, power steering, alloy wheels, power sunroof, cd player.

Currently it has a Gen 2 3S-GE engine from an mr2 in it, with probably around 80,000km. The Body has 220,000km on it.

The car runs really well as a daily driver at this point in time. There are some things that would need replacing if you wanted to drive this car hard. Shocks would need replacing, as would the clutch. The alternator needs fixing, but that will be attended too shortly. It has recently undergone a major service.

Body work is OK, with minor rust on the windscreen and sunroof. There are some minor scracthes and a few dents, but nothing major.

MODS: K&N Panel Filter was recently installed, whiteline front and rear swaybars are currently in shipment, can go with the car or sell seperately. Also has incar neons under the passenger and drivers side. Is activated with a pushbutton switch on the dash as well Wink

The Pics:

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/693/18rh.th.jpghttp://img152.exs.cx/img152/4818/25wh.th.jpghttp://img152.exs.cx/img152/6301/33vv.th.jpghttp://img152.exs.cx/img152/2614/44zo.th.jpg
http://img152.exs.cx/img152/8498/55ih.th.jpghttp://img152.exs.cx/img152/5369/60dz.th.jpghttp://img152.exs.cx/img152/3527/77kj.th.jpghttp://img152.exs.cx/img152/6716/87rv.th.jpg

The car is located in WA. All offers considered, Post up for anymore details.

note: car is considered sold from offer over $5000

[Updated on: Tue, 28 December 2004 02:17]

Send a private message to this user    
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Tue, 28 December 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude reality check
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Tue, 28 December 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a celica not a supra
the only way i could see u gettin 5k for it is if u sell it to sum dumb shit dat doesn't know cars
like to see u get ur 5k on dis site
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Tue, 28 December 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice celica.. But asken for 5 grand and over is to much bro... You will probably get $2500 $3000.. And if ur lucky $3500... As i can see in the pics.. It needs lots of body work and has lots of rust....
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Wed, 29 December 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the car is considered sold to an offer over 5k then sell it to that person. If that is a ploy to get more money for that car it won't work. I have seen ST162's that have been turbo'ed and in alot better condition than that, that have sold for less.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Wed, 29 December 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its always nice to find someone stupid to sell ur car too... what im wondering is what would it be worth at this point in time really.

I don't have some sort of ploy, but nevermind. does anyone have any usefull comments...

i didn't say i was selling it for 5grand.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Wed, 29 December 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might be interested for 2.5k :/

im guessing its manual?

and its in perth! Razz
agentx
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Wed, 29 December 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why post negative stuff if u dont have anything positive to say? i dont get why all of u have to start flaming, if u dont wanna give 5k keep ur opinions to urself. if u wanna tell him, say something like "dood these cars go for around 3-4k these days" ffs.

and for all of u, i had a 1986 celica, AUTOMATIC and around 232xx on the engine and body. 2 months rego, and a dent on the back which was quoted to be fixed for 800 bux, and i sold that to the first person to come and look at it even had a problem with the brakes. oh and did i mention an oil leak? i got $5250 for the car. within ONE WEEK of advertising it.

so please, the person is asking for 5k, take a look at the thread and go on browsing.

dood good luck with ur car, if u want more then 5 for it, dont sell it for less then 5, u will find a good buyer. try www.carsales.com.au as well. it really works. and noone will post thier "comments" on it.

CheerS!

Agent ] x [
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Wed, 29 December 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

agentx wrote

and for all of u, i had a 1986 celica, AUTOMATIC and around 232xx on the engine and body. 2 months rego, and a dent on the back which was quoted to be fixed for 800 bux, and i sold that to the first person to come and look at it even had a problem with the brakes. oh and did i mention an oil leak? i got $5250 for the car. within ONE WEEK of advertising it.

that person got fuckin ripped
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Thu, 30 December 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure agentx let the buyer know about any problems the car had as well s the person that bought it knew what he was paying for. so why complain? hell im sure you wouldnt complain if someone came and offered you $15000 for your 88 watever, you will be stoked and im sure agentx was and im sure Matt-itude will be 2 if he manages to sell it for that.
agentx
Regular

August 2004
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Thu, 30 December 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea djcougar i told them everything. i think they were impressed by all the performance stickers on it haahahah.

] x [
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Thu, 30 December 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 10:53

im sure agentx let the buyer know about any problems the car had as well s the person that bought it knew what he was paying for. so why complain? hell im sure you wouldnt complain if someone came and offered you $15000 for your 88 watever, you will be stoked and im sure agentx was and im sure Matt-itude will be 2 if he manages to sell it for that.

oh id be ur best friend if you offered me 15000, as i said, im wieghin up options at the moment, and really want to know what my car is worth on the market. If its not worth enough, then i will put money into it and keep it myself, and if i can get enough i will sell it and move on to other things.

but yes the car is manual Razz
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Sat, 08 January 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF ??? There are some rude comments on this man... MX73_drifter are you trying to say im dumb?? i practially bought one excatly the same as this one for 6.5K.... WhiteLightning though... so i guess you're trying to say im dumb... well i aint, i searched nearly the whole of sydney for these, asking ppl from this forum to help me out and all... practically ALL ST162 under 5K, i'd walk away after seeing the body, i wont bother looking at the internals! Some ST162 has been treated harshly, and for someone to sell it over 5K, then there must be a decent reason... first off the list might be its Gen2 3SGE which statisically pulls 114kw out of its arse... thats with the first gen manafold too... Not to mention the low KMS!

mate, my 162 is non turboed.... and there were shat loads of ppl trying to get it... what i'm trying to say is that there might be someone like me that really wants a ST162 Very Happy so please dont tell the seller what his car is worth or not... i mean how would you feel if you're in the same situation? and some smart ass came up to you and say "your car is worth 1K"... while he/she dosent know a damn thing about how it was treated? Show some respect dude Confused

Anyways im' not flammin ... just my 2 cents for the seller.

~CK
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: EOI: Gen 2 3S-GE 1988 ST162 Sun, 09 January 2005 08:59 Go to previous message
MX73_drifter -> what exactly are you trying to prove? I'm sorry but with you saying that my 88 GT4 is only worth '1500' and now you chipping on this sale as well I'm beginning to think you have some kind of psychological damage that you should see a GP about. I'm really struggling to hold back on you here.

Rabsy86 'that car has alot of rust'. Okay - how many 16 year old cars with sunroofs DON'T have a bit of rust around them? The front windscreen commonly gets rust in these things as well (so that certainly doesn't make this one worth any less than the dozens I've looked at in my time). Having said that the paint does seem quite faded indicating it's been left outside alot (red paints can give this away easily) and the rust is slightly more than usual. It does need a bit of bodywork too, but minor bodywork isn't such a big deal...if I was a prospective buyer i'd be more worried about the body being STRAIGHT than a few dents, alot of 162s have been in a bingle or two and been repaired dodgily, that is more of a worry than a couple of dents (although a few dents doesn't speak highly of the driver Razz). I can see that the front end isn't perfectly straight which means it has probably been in a front end accident at some stage or another.

Anyway - like everyone else said here, if I saw a ST162 for sale for 3K I'd be amazed if it was in decent nick, any ST162 for less than 4G is probably shitbox material (depending on luck I s'pose)

If you want to say "that thing isn't worth shit" just don't reply, if he doesn't get any offers near what he's asking then he'll know that it's probably not worth as much as he asks. I'd still expect to get 5500 for my celica SX if I advertised it simply because I know it's in good nick and if I wait for a month or so it'll go for that much (although I'm not selling it anymore).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB turboed car under 6K
Next Topic:hilux price droped
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 10:35:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052070617675781 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.