Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » who else rides those little 20inch bikes?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Thu, 23 December 2004 23:13 Go to next message
Hey just wondering if anyone else here rides? i ride a bit of street, park and dirt but im not really great at any. All my other friends who used to come out have turned soft so i only ride with one other dude these days.
the point of this post was to see if anyone else wants to hit up some jumps or a skatepark.
  Send a private message to this user    
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 24 December 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would if i was in the area, need the exercise.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 24 December 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo - You've gotta get yourself a MTB and hit some downhill!!
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 25 December 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i used to have a MTB when i was younger but i switched to BMX coz thats what all the cool kids were riding hahaha Very Happy
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 25 December 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi everyone

i just spent 600 on a new mountain bike in i use it nearly 5 times a week for atleast half an hour a day and it really makes you feel heaps better even when you wake up in the morning. i know im only 16 but still i work non stop an i still make time.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 10:32]

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 25 December 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought a "Giant Iguana" MTB about 11 months ago, only inthe past few weeks have I had a chance to get out and ride it, cant fault it at all. My ass hurts after riding it for a couple hours a day, but it soon passes. lol, yeah yeah Xmas drinks make me rant, cyas.
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 25 December 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't ride too much
you don't want testicular cancer
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 25 December 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 25 December 2004 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey me too! just started riding again... heaps
of parks in qld, i usually ride street and a bit
of dirt. tryin to get fufanus and abubacas down atm.
well although ur not in qld its good to know there
are riders still goin hard

peace out
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Tue, 28 December 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol styler, i bet thats the only technical thing you know about bmx so you threw them in there Laughing but hey u might be able to do them....Yeh i used to ride 24/7, back before work and girls entered my life takin up my time. but i used to ride street and ramp, untill i got a mtb with all that suspension so i started street mountain biking, that shit is absolutely nuts, some of the gaps you can pull are insane. stair riding is the best.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Tue, 28 December 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ride a 20" bike but it only has one wheel.

actually it's my brother's but i'll be gettin my own soon, heaps hard to get started on but once you're solid it's easy. amazing what 1 day of practise does
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Tue, 28 December 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. powerlite something or other (head tube cracked)
2. DK General Lee 2004 (Stolen)
3. Cheapie shithouse Kmart to-school mountain bike (stolen)
4. Mosh Brass 3 Star 2004 (Stolen) Cost $600, my favourite Crying or Very Sad
5. Current: 2002 Diamond Back Assault Just used to keep fit, ride around neighbourhood etc...

I used to hit the tracks with the powerlite, till it cracked.. Then the Dirt Jumps with the General Lee, was high tensile Steel but it took a Fruckload of a beating... then the mosh was used for park and street mostly, got stolen at my school, snipped the bike chain, and rode off in the middle of the day... sons of bitches...

anyway, we're onto cars now, so noone rides anymore :/

peace out,

Eldar.O.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 December 2004 15:09]

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Tue, 28 December 2004 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i used to have a powerlite aswell! it was about 10 years old in 2000. i bought a hoffman 900, i got hit by a car so the back part of the frame is a tiny bit out of line but its still sweet.
that shit about cars instead of riding is the same with my friends, the fat lazy bastards
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 31 December 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 01:39

anyway, we're onto cars now, so noone rides anymore :/

well im heavily into car but i still get out my BMX and go riding as much as i can
my federal aint much to look at but its worth a shitload more than my car......... Confused Confused Confused
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 31 December 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not a good thing Wink i saw a ferdal nation frame going for $2500, at the price just for the frame, i dont think your in too much shit, i think it was made from aero-space aluminium, i dunno, i cant remember, i had a heart attack after seeing the price tag!
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ride skateparks and dirt havent been riding lately cos i snapped two ligaments in my left ankle at the start of sep and in june i broke my scaphoid in my right wrist so 2004 has been a bad year for me as in riding. As for my bike i have a FBM old boy with T1 forks FBM old bars and lots of other expensive parts.

mmm.. all this talk about riding is making me want to go out for a ride. Smile
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As for federals They are a wast of money. 3 of my mates have snapped or crack there federals at the head tubes in the last 3 months. as for the new hoffmans they seem to be having the same problems as the federals.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, not really good build quality, stupid china crap, the mosh i had was imported, i took really good care of it when i could, but there were some SERIOUS hits it took, and didnt bend, break or twist anything, brilliant if you ask me, oh, and my mates GT Thumper is also a tank, but mine weighed about half of his Razz
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to LOVE riding BMX, raced for a couple years...i had 6 bikes at one stage!
now i have none!! i too am one of those lazy ones that got their p's and sold their bikes!
now car gone, i need a bike back!!!! donations?
i sorta miss my old riding days, about 5 friends would ride to fred cateron track after school with my whippet following closely behind, actually, more often closely infront
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just me? Whats a 20inch bike?
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesse, was it you and your mates that built those jumps on the vacant block in kellyville a couple of years ago?
we had some in the corner of county drive in cherrybrook but all that bush got cut down and developed.
We sometimes rode with matt carny and his mate josh and webster at cherrybrook and fred cato..
damn i love jumps but its like they all get knocked down as soon as you build them. i remember those ones at spain reserve where always getting rebuilt.
i could talk for ages but i just really wanna go for a ride now.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 01 January 2005 18:56

http://www.bristolbombersbmx.com/wallpaper/bmx-wallpaper-2.jpg
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see. Im used to the term BMX Very Happy
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo wrote on Sat, 01 January 2005 18:56

jesse, was it you and your mates that built those jumps on the vacant block in kellyville a couple of years ago?
we had some in the corner of county drive in cherrybrook but all that bush got cut down and developed.
We sometimes rode with matt carny and his mate josh and webster at cherrybrook and fred cato..
damn i love jumps but its like they all get knocked down as soon as you build them. i remember those ones at spain reserve where always getting rebuilt.
i could talk for ages but i just really wanna go for a ride now.

You rode with my brother a few times didnt u Tom??
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sat, 01 January 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah just saw him at a few jumps everynow and then. him and bitch tits
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sun, 02 January 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never went riding around kellyville

you know cockayne reserver on white cedar drive?
we made a couple sets of jumps in there, some in the bushes in there and when they were found it made it to the papers saying that it is destroying the reserves natural plants and killing their 21 native animals there, the reserve was actually full of weeds and thorns and RABBITS and crap..... so what did the council do, bulldose the hole area down...
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sun, 02 January 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 10:29

yeah just saw him at a few jumps everynow and then. him and bitch tits

Bitch tits??
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sun, 02 January 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sun, 02 January 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 14:05

never went riding around kellyville

you know cockayne reserver on white cedar drive?
we made a couple sets of jumps in there, some in the bushes in there and when they were found it made it to the papers saying that it is destroying the reserves natural plants and killing their 21 native animals there, the reserve was actually full of weeds and thorns and RABBITS and crap..... so what did the council do, bulldose the hole area down...

oh i remember seeing that in the paper! there was a photo of some uptight council chick in a suit standing next to the jumps looking disgusted, what a bitch.
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sun, 02 January 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screw 20 inch,
Me and a mate built up one of those little kids bikes...i dont know how small it is, 18" i think, but I bought little chrome wheels for it, a full size chain wheel and cranks, sprayed it gloss black, new full size handle bars, and gooseneck, the chrome rims didnt come with the crappy back brake, so we put some normal brakes on it, spend a few hundred bucks, getting all dat stuff and new tyres and tubes, used it for a day, ran over something popped the front tyre and havent used it since!
but I think that wen i have a few bucks laying round I will get it back out! It was so awesome to cruise around on!

-whitchy-
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sun, 02 January 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i still get the bmx out from time to time, i ride a Volume Hellion (sp?) spent way to much on it when i was youngerm its also not much to look at, but has with-standed a shit load of abuse.

done a few road trips to Adelaide with mates etc, love the parks over there, the one in the city is getting better, but to damn slippery Confused

Mt.barkers park is good to i reckon.

anyways, thats enough for now Cool
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Sun, 02 January 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SA is a really good to ride i live near seaford skate park so i ride that a lot. mt barker is good but you get board after an hour same with west beach. victor harbor got a new park its well built and has a few lines. As for the city its got a lot of good things there but it is really hard to make runs or flow around there.
twincam_ke20 next time your over i show you around as in places to ride.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Mon, 03 January 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone have a 12inch scooter with pump ups i can have?
i have a whipper snipper motor lying around somewhere Twisted Evil
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Mon, 03 January 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or how about

-whitchys pimp bike
-my spare 3tc
-tommos charade turbo
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Mon, 03 January 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA65 Sleeka: Seaford, thats the other one i was trying to think of, thats the one with the "ball" thingy yeh? like a round spin kinda thing right?

i like that park, when we first went there it was just finished, god, must be close to 4yrs ago now i reckon.

dunno when the next time we'll be over, but i put the word out to a few mates and see if their up for a road trip in a few months time Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Mon, 03 January 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo wrote on Sat, 01 January 2005 19:01

old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 01 January 2005 18:56

http://www.bristolbombersbmx.com/wallpaper/bmx-wallpaper-2.jpg

BIKES RULE: full stop......

I haven't riden mine in ages now. I might start again, I think, try and get back into shape, (I'm lazy). I'TS ALL THE CARS FAULT why I am so unfit!!

I suck at tricks thou Crying or Very Sad
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Mon, 03 January 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah i love riding, ive been going so much more lately. went last night to cherrybrook bowl and there were heaps of other riders there so we owned the place, all the skaters just went home hahaha Very Happy
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Thu, 06 January 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ride all the time

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found a pic of me back in the day!

http://img132.exs.cx/img132/8122/bmx5ji.jpg
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOOT i just found my new ride!
i think its even older than river!!!!

dyno day here i come!

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/6151/newwheels6lh.jpg

(future mods)

-Limited slip sprocket (for dorifto)
-Motorbike engine (Basketball card rubbing against tyre)
-back pedal brakes (for those pro D1 skids)
-chrome spinner wheels (made from house fan)
-ceramic coated frame (wrapped in alluminium foil)
-JDM tail lights (for street cred) anyone i race will be seeing this end of the bike!
-Neon, wired up to oldskool generator

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2005 05:00]

Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sick ride man and nice mods Laughing Cool Laughing

Laughing will you sell it ive been after on of these for ages. Laughing

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Sick ride man and nice mods

will you sell it ive been after on of these for ages

sorry buddy but its definately NOT for sale, although you might be able to import one
it looks like i need some doubling pegs, the chicks are already lineing up for a ride
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Cool Were can I import one from. Is there any place i can get mags for it. What are they 17inch wheels.
Oh well ill find a bike with pegs front and back for twice the riding fun. Cool Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2005 05:14]

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if anyone is serious about getting back into the scene ive got a few freestyle frames and parts hanging around doing nothing but collecting dust that im willing to let go at a reasonable price in the syd area
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you have a good rear wheel? my araya super 7x is bent as from doing stupid launches onto flat. i want something with with a good hub already spoked up, not just a rim..
cheers
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your at the beach and have a bmx DONT JUMP IT OFF A LEDGE INTO THE SAND, cos japanese tourist will laugh at you Rolling Eyes
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Fri, 07 January 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got a tuff that looks ok from what ive seen
seriosuly got a haro frame, mongoose frame, flat tubing frame and another 1 or 2 and various parts
several racers and a mtb frame i think as well
make an offer so i can get off my lazy ass and buy a basic mtb and get fit and back into it
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: who else rides those little 20inch bikes? Thu, 13 January 2005 09:37 Go to previous message
i used to race downhill in perth for a little while.
i have just gotten lazy nowdays and i just ride street for now.
anyone else that rides street in perth? im on a dbr mountain bike btw Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Joining the defence
Next Topic:NumaNuma
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:33:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084800720214844 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.