Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Sat, 23 October 2004 07:46 Go to next message
So I just noticed that the MKIV wheels we got on the Supra have an offset of 50 (stock wheels 37) and scrape on the control arm.

nice Rolling Eyes

anyone know where I can get spacers from?
  Send a private message to this user    
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Sat, 23 October 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rarespares/repco should have them
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Sun, 24 October 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unsure if you know but spacers are illegal to use on the street.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Sun, 24 October 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arent the turbo and non turbo rims different sizes?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Sun, 24 October 2004 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I recently experienced this. I bought JZA80 16x8" wheels. At 50mm offset they are slightly too wide to fit on my Soarer. However, 16x7" fits.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are spacers illegal if restoring origional track width?

well these wheels are 16x8s so we are stuffed Very Happy and have to get them..
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have mk4 wheels, 16x8 on the back, and 16x7 on the front, they look as if they were ment to be there. Do you have a pic to show how bad the offset is?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look like they fit, they don't stick out... They just scrape on the control arm at full lock.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a go at adjusting the lock bolt on the lower control arm as an interim measure rather than spacers.

Unless you install longer studs, spacers are crazy.

Cheers

Michael B
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what danish said

it's bad too! I can't adjust the control arm either

trying to get some 6mm spacers and see if that is enough (largest off the shelf spacer)

they are 16x8s all round
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd suggest not to get spacers for safety, insurance, and defect reasons.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bro it's not like I have a choice at the moment

it's either get spacers or get new wheels (the old ones are gone)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or sell and purchase the right size.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm if only we all had that luxury of cash....
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
300ZX 16x7" wheels fit and are cheap.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm thanks for that are there any nissan forums you reckon I could look around on?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are fairly common, try second hand tyre/mag places and wreckers.

Also make sure you get Nissan nuts when you get the wheels, they fit better. Also 300ZX wheels are directional, make sure you get 2 Lefts and 2 Rights, they are marked "L" and "R" respectively.

Then you can sell the JZA80 wheels to Soarer JZZ30/Supra JZA80 people, they are great for a second set for track purposes for those cars.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a set of 16*7.5's for sale for $275 with 8 tyres if you want rob?

Sorry they are not 300ZX wheels, Danish already bought those, but they will fit the supra as they came off my soarer and fit perfectly Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2004 23:44]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey bro you want to email me with the piccies?

rob@hyperstudy.com

it's my brother's car so I will show him
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allrightey, ill email them as soon as I get home, bear in mind two of the tyres on them already are totally fucked but they come with four spare 225, 55's
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Mon, 25 October 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok bro that's fine thanks heaps

we maybe could use the tyres off these wheels too.. what do they look like anyway? Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Tue, 26 October 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/GZ20%20Soarer/PHOT0002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/GZ20%20Soarer/DOLuckkitrear.jpg

oh whoops that last one was from my private GZ pr0n collection Rolling Eyes Laughing

EDIT: Piccie was tooooo big

[Updated on: Tue, 26 October 2004 00:27]

Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: MKIV wheels on MKIII - Offset issues - where can I get spacers? Tue, 28 December 2004 15:11 Go to previous message
i was about to buy a set of jza80 wheels to go on my jza70, i think they were 2x 16x9" and 2x 16x8", will this not fit, do jza70's only take a 7" rim on the front?

http://www.alsc.aus.as/messages/6/31281.html?11041 18616
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What am I up for with a ST184 3S-GTE Conversion?
Next Topic:Can I make a boost controller, bleed valve style
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 17:08:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007472038269043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.