I supported Toymods

May 2002

Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 02:50 Go to next message
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/snab/tsunami.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last count I heard was 23,000 dead. Sad

Have relatives in Penang, haven't heard any news about them though.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 December 2004 02:59]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy crap, i hope that guys is ok...
23,000 Confused
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats some real saddening shit...
The amount of lives lost.
But I guess at least this is of natural disaster and not of a man made incident.
Hopefully such a tragedy will give people in these areas (mostly the extremists), a new light on what truely matters in life.

And these words come from someone who is of asian heritage and also Australian.

On another note, it is an awesome sight to see the fact that when nature wants to rain down on mankind....... fucc it reigns hard!!!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 28 December 2004 04:21]

M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 28 December 2004 15:03

23,000 Confused

According to the paper today he was washed out to sea when he just couldn't hold on any longer. Sad

23,00 dead,that might be a bit high but whatever the real number will be it's still hard to imagine that many people.Iguess it would be likethe number of poeple in one or two suburbs gone in one hit.

Matt84-I hope you hear from your relatives soon and all is fine for them.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the courier mail had some of those pics on the front page today ... their story went on to say that they think the body of the young man seen in the water in those terrifying pictures was found about 1 kilometre inland..

this world can be a terrifying and cruel place to live in. Crying or Very Sad
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the news on tonight while I was cleaning my room and heard that a Melbourne couple were in hospital recovering from injuries sustained when the tsunami hit. "Anthony and Margaret Molina are recovering in hospital..." They are my uncle and aunt!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked I couldn't believe my ears and sure enough there was footage of my uncle with his handlebar moustache in a hospital bed recounting the story. His wife was in the bed next to him. Apparently he had a few broken ribs and some other minor injuries and she had some kind of leg injury.

The most freaky thing was that I didn't even know that they were overseas... Thank God they are ok and appear to be in a decent hospital. Very lucky. Surprised
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Tue, 28 December 2004 15:20

On another note, it is an awesome sight to see the fact that when nature wants to rain down on mankind....... fucc it reigns hard!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, mankind got owned that day...

Tim.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it's pretty bad. This kinda thing reminds me that we don't need to be fighting eachother. Random events kill enough people already.
I know they will be, but I hope your uncle and aunt are okay Simdog.

It's anoying that most of what I have heard on the news is about how if they had a better early warning system there could have been less impact. Like people are trying to lay blame AGAIN. I hate that blame game shit. Clean the mess up THEN try to figure out how to avoid it.

Anyway, end rant.
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.J.H wrote on Tue, 28 December 2004 15:29

rthy wrote on Tue, 28 December 2004 15:03

23,000 Confused

According to the paper today he was washed out to sea when he just couldn't hold on any longer. Sad

23,00 dead,that might be a bit high but whatever the real number will be it's still hard to imagine that many people.Iguess it would be likethe number of poeple in one or two suburbs gone in one hit.

Matt84-I hope you hear from your relatives soon and all is fine for them.

its actually up to 37,000 now
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a mate holidaying in Thailand.. I'll get the first hand account when he comes back (hopefully.. that is I havnt heard from him)
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tsunami happened on morning/afternoon in penang. My mom wanted to go to penang frm kuala lumpur on sunday evening. damn she just missed it. speaking of holiday, ur pretty sure to end up in the beach. lucky there...

Also i have a fren in penang who was in church when the shock happen. bells were ringing, windows broke etc...
imagine the initial reaction when this happened in the middle of a powerful sermon!!

i hope u guys hear frm ur loved ones ASAP and that they are ok. i still havent heard frm 2 of my classmates yet, fingers crossed.

as for the warnings, nothing like this has happened in malaysia b4, so its understandable that they werent prepared. im not sure about the other countries though...
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's good to see that alot of counties have sent aid so quickly Smile

i've heard it could reach 60000 Sad
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive got relatives in sri lanka and malaysia Sad
dunno if they're ok
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Close to 60,000 thousand now, and it doesnt look like it will end there. Confused Sad
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hopefully such a tragedy will give people in these areas (mostly the extremists), a new light on what truely matters in life

You have got to be fucking kiding me, where do you get the idea that they are "mostly extremists ?" FFS, anyway, 3/4 of my family in Sri Lanka are missing.

Most of the people affected, are not extremists, they are poor people living in third world nations, in allready desolate conditions, it amazes me how narrow minded people can be.

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Tsunami Tue, 28 December 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try driving on vic roads Confused
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Galactic Soap wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 09:28

Hopefully such a tragedy will give people in these areas (mostly the extremists), a new light on what truely matters in life

You have got to be fucking kiding me, where do you get the idea that they are "mostly extremists ?" FFS, anyway, 3/4 of my family in Sri Lanka are missing.

Most of the people affected, are not extremists, they are poor people living in third world nations, in allready desolate conditions, it amazes me how narrow minded people can be.

i think he is referring to indonesia where there are a minority of extremist.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry my bad, not saying any population of anywhere are extremists in majority, I meant that whats I was saying was in most reference to the extremists out there, or anywhere (the people who wish to place blame on others and cause harm).
Im not here to argue who is bad or good or who is right or wrong, I believe all un-needed harm to anything is bad...
(totally agreeing with Shraka)
And I also totally agree with u, Galactic Soap... its sad everyone who is being affected, just was hoping that this enormous event would make all people think again about quarrel.

But yea b1gb3n kinda understood my mumbling haha.

60,000..... or even plus....
sheeesh, and thinking many may never be found...

Also if the plates shifted anywhere near Australia, us being a low laying island be totally screwed ay?
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 15:42

Sorry my bad, not saying any population of anywhere are extremists in majority, I meant that whats I was saying was in most reference to the extremists out there, or anywhere (the people who wish to place blame on others and cause harm).
Im not here to argue who is bad or good or who is right or wrong, I believe all un-needed harm to anything is bad...
(totally agreeing with Shraka)
And I also totally agree with u, Galactic Soap... its sad everyone who is being affected, just was hoping that this enormous event would make all people think again about quarrel.

But yea b1gb3n kinda understood my mumbling haha.

60,000..... or even plus....
sheeesh, and thinking many may never be found...

Also if the plates shifted anywhere near Australia, us being a low laying island be totally screwed ay?

u indonesian?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err australia would not be affected in the same way as many of these countries. Have a llok at the australian coastline, majority of it is cliffs, thus the tsunami would hit the cliffs wash a little of aus into the water and whoever was stupid enough to build on that cliff into the water. Aparts from that water would flow inland up rivers and cause localised flooding in areas surrounding the rivers.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 15:42

No. Along the eastern seaboard, the coast up north is protected by the Great Barrier Reef, so the tsunami would break over that with resultant energy dissipation. Further south, the plate movement between Australia and New Zealand results in horizontal displacement - for a tsunami to develop, vertical displacement is required. Only last week an 8.1 Richter tremor occurred off Macquarie Island with no resultant significant tsunami. The greatest risk remains to the (relatively unpopulated) northwest of Australia where there is much activity and plate movement results in vertical displacement. Also activity around Tonga/Vanuatu could result in tsunami that would affect the southeastern seaboard.
It should also be noted that a tremor > Richter 7 is required for tsunami generation and that these are unusual events.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was my understanding that Australia is pretty safe from major devastation like this... I live near the beach but its not an ocean beach. A tsunami would have to break through or over the coastline surrounding the Port Phillip Heads... If it did that, then I would gladly lie down and cop it because that would be a truly awesome wave.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Galactic Soap wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 09:28

Do you know where in sri lanka was affected ????
i'm from there as well and i'm worried as all hell
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
galactic soap... I think he means that "mostly the extremists" need a new perspective on things
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^
What he said.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 16:57

It was my understanding that Australia is pretty safe from major devastation like this...

In a word no not realy. The wave would roll right on over the barrier reef. Most parts of the reef are more open then you would think. Up this way (sunshine coast and farther up, QLD) its mostly low laying land, that is the land is about 1-5meters above sea level. And from time to time a good king tide at Noosa does flood the town.
Another thing is that about 2 years ago there was a prediction of a tsunami hitting Australia.........food for thought
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found out more info on my aunt and uncle... They were on the ground floor of their hotel when the first wave crashed through the walls showering them with bricks. The water then carried them both a long way inland into the jungle. As they were scrambling uphill to safer ground the second wave hit and dumped them into an area of thick mangroves where they were trapped. After some time, a local man heard their cries for help and returned with a machete and hacked his way through the dense bush to get them out.

My two cousins were on the second floor and were therefore not washed away with their parents.

My uncle has a smashed knee, 3 broken ribs and has lost a lot of skin from being dragged so far.
My aunt has a broken pelvis, severe abrasions and bruising.

Very lucky to be alive. They both said they were close to drowning a few times and were lucky not to be hit in the head by the bricks and other big objects.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad to hear they are OK simdog. They were extremely lucky

70 000+ others werent so lucky
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 15:57

It was my understanding that Australia is pretty safe from major devastation like this.

we're safe as we don't have any seismic fault lines near our coastline.

but there are many parts of australia near the coastline with only minimal (if any) protection from storm surges and extreme waves.

>90% of the population (and hence much of our infrastructure and development) is within easy reach of the coastline without significant mountain ranges to protect it - if the quake had been >9 (on the richter scale) then it's possible that coastal communities in WA and NT would have been affected.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Er....9 is the highest the scale goes dude.

The nature of wave propagation requires there to be no sizeable land mass between the epicentre and the target (which in this case there was with regard to the NW of Australia). Also the most forcible waves occur perpendicular to the fault line which is why Sri Lanka, Aceh province and even the east coast of Africa were most severely affected, yet nearby, low lying Bangladesh was barely affected.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

But I guess at least this is of natural disaster and not of a man made incident.

what u don't think the us has a earth quack making machine?
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt exactly say aus is safe. i mean malaysia has never had any earth quake in its history, or a tsunami until now for that matter. in fact, this is the first natural disaster affecting malaysia other than the usual floods in certain areas. malaysia is not located in the earthquake place as well...
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 22:37

Quote:

what u don't think the us has a earth quack making machine?

Hmmmmmmm,
well in Under Siege 2 there wa sa satellite thingy that made earthquakes kinda...

Anyways, 70000 now, thats glum!!!!!
Damn
Glad to hear some people have some good news bout their relos, hope those who are still waiting get some too.
Its crazy to think how bad it actually is...

Me not Indo, I am korean by blood but have friends from Indo and heap of other nations, coem to think of it though, none from Sri Lanka. Hope your fam finds safety G. Soap.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
9.3 is highest recorded
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 23:46

Hope your fam finds safety G. Soap.

Cheers dude, sorry about the snappy reaction there brother. As I'm sure everyone can imagine, when you combine a 10 meter high wall of water, with a country the size of Tassie with a population bigger than Australia, its just a recipe for a catastrophe.

SIMDOG - Glad to hear about your relatives dude, thats great news.

Mookie - Matara, Tangala, most of the eastern seaboard is affected.

Cheers
Soapy

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Wed, 29 December 2004 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its surprising/delightful to see many EUROPEAN countries contributing to the disaster in ASIA. The world isnt in such a bad state afterall. However, i dont seem to see other asian countries helping out. im sure they are i meant its not covered by the press. bias media??

Galactic soap, all the best to ur relatives man. its terrifying watching the footage on tv.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Tsunami Thu, 30 December 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asiri man, hopefully, everyone is ok dude, keep ypu in my prayers brother! 80,000 now Shocked
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Tsunami Thu, 30 December 2004 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its the selective bias of australian media (which is just a tap off the garbage which is the Yank media).

The europeans are helping and aside from coping with the disaster, the countries in the region are helping.

One country which doesnt seem to be helping is the good ol US of A. No huge oil reserves in that part of the world *yet*

If i were to take a left field approach and use USS liberty (1967) as a principle reference of values and with the understanding of Teslas transmission of energy withing the earths ionosphere as a scientific grounding point...

I would say that the yanks might be partly responsible.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Tsunami Thu, 30 December 2004 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sated wrote on Fri, 31 December 2004 02:17

If i were to take a left field approach and use USS liberty (1967) as a principle reference of values and with the understanding of Teslas transmission of energy withing the earths ionosphere as a scientific grounding point...

That gave me a headache reading that, too many big words for me. I had to read it out loud too and I nearly ran out of breath.

But yeah I have a friend in thailand, havent heard from him since this happened, we usually talk on msn everyday Sad
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Thu, 30 December 2004 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sated wrote on Fri, 31 December 2004 03:17

Well its the selective bias of australian media (which is just a tap off the garbage which is the Yank media).

The europeans are helping and aside from coping with the disaster, the countries in the region are helping.

One country which doesnt seem to be helping is the good ol US of A. No huge oil reserves in that part of the world *yet*

I would say that the yanks might be partly responsible.

well actually the US did send quite a fair bit for this disaster i heard on the news. us makes money frm asia too u know...
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Its surprising/delightful to see many EUROPEAN countries contributing to the disaster in ASIA. The world isnt in such a bad state afterall.

The city I live (OULU) is having its 400years anniversary and there was going to be megabudget fireworks tomorrow, at new years eve. But due misfortune in asia, fireworks were canceled and the money planned to be used for the anniversary has been send to help countries that have been in tsunami disaster.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jayem wrote on Fri, 31 December 2004 11:13

Quote:

Its surprising/delightful to see many EUROPEAN countries contributing to the disaster in ASIA. The world isnt in such a bad state afterall.

The city I live (OULU) is having its 400years anniversary and there was going to be megabudget fireworks tomorrow, at new years eve. But due misfortune in asia, fireworks were canceled and the money planned to be used for the anniversary has been send to help countries that have been in tsunami disaster.

Finland rocks!! sacrificing an occasion like this for those in need. Go finland!!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends what you want to call 'a lot'.

The USA govt is coughing up $44 million USD, but just to put that into perspective, they are spending $40 million next month on Dubya's inauguration ceremony. Rolling Eyes

davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
90,000 now Sad
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Videos for you to download.

http://www.bahoo.fr/earthquake/

Absolutely mindblowing.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Fri, 31 December 2004 13:27

Depends what you want to call 'a lot'.

The USA govt is coughing up $44 million USD, but just to put that into perspective, they are spending $40 million next month on Dubya's inauguration ceremony. Rolling Eyes

each day in iraq is costing a few billion also isnt it?
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey everyone,.

We raised over $1000 at work today, it's going to asia to assist in the relief efforts...

Everybody should seriously consider making a donation..

This is possibly the single biggest natural disaster any of us will ever live to witness and I simply couldn't imagine what it is like in those areas at the moment.

Cheers

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess its a shame Thailand and Sri Lanka arent covered in Oil fields. Otherwise Team America could save the day! Confused
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Fri, 31 December 2004 15:23

This is possibly the single biggest natural disaster any of us will ever live to witness

I dont agree. The way the weather is changing lately i wouldnt be suprised if by the end of our lifetimes, we would have seen 10-15+ on the richter scale, italy will be gone under water, all the volcanoes will explode etc.

And thats only if we dont blow ourselves up...
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just watched BBC and the stated that USA has donated 34 million USD, but what's funny is that China has donated 64 million USD and GB 97 million USD.

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satellite pics of Banda Aceh. Big mofo pdf file.

Satellite pics of Sri Lankan coast.

A lot of videos.

[Updated on: Fri, 31 December 2004 22:04]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Fri, 31 December 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I heard the US was putting in over 300million USD.

Considering how everyone, especially in that region of Asia, continually takes shots at the USA and has little respect for them, it's amazing that the USA is sending them anything. I'm sure if the USA was hit by a tsunami there'd be bugger all support from these countries for the USA. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw people dancing in the streets and celebrating that the "evil capitolist empire" got it's just deserts.

And collectively, what has Europe sent? I bet, when it's added up per capita that they put in less than the USA. I expect very little from Europe and they still fail to meet my low expectations. Per capita, I think Australia has put in the most support so far.

Also, what about these big ass billion-dollar-profit corporations, like the Banks and that, who think they're doing a great job by allowing people to come and make donations. Whoopee fucking doo! Why don't they donate some of their profits, you bunch of thoughtless money sucking bastards?

seeyuzz
river
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Tsunami Sat, 01 January 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Sat, 01 January 2005 08:59

Hi,

I heard the US was putting in over 300million USD.

Considering how everyone, especially in that region of Asia, continually takes shots at the USA and has little respect for them, it's amazing that the USA is sending them anything. I'm sure if the USA was hit by a tsunami there'd be bugger all support from these countries for the USA. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw people dancing in the streets and celebrating that the "evil capitolist empire" got it's just deserts.

And collectively, what has Europe sent? I bet, when it's added up per capita that they put in less than the USA. I expect very little from Europe and they still fail to meet my low expectations. Per capita, I think Australia has put in the most support so far.

Also, what about these big ass billion-dollar-profit corporations, like the Banks and that, who think they're doing a great job by allowing people to come and make donations. Whoopee fucking doo! Why don't they donate some of their profits, you bunch of thoughtless money sucking bastards?

seeyuzz
river

i dont think they really take shots at the usa as much as u implied. coz they just cant be bothered with whats goin on the other end of the globe as much. i mean hey, the rest of the world is taking bigger shots at usa IMHO.

as for europeans, germany alone sent about 40-50 million euros when it first happened, which was about the same amount as the USA at that time.

i think corporations dont get as much publicity as nations when it comes to donating. i mean who would the press concentrate on?

i dont think "buggers" in asia would celebrate if something happened to the usa. when 9/11 happened, the economy was badly hit as well in asia. Many ppl lost their jobs, share market went down etc... theres a big interdependance from an economic point of view.

Honestly river, i think ur view of ASIA is distorted. or at least ur generalising too much
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: Tsunami Fri, 07 January 2005 15:50 Go to previous message
damn...imagine if the wave hit australia...my car would have been washed out :'(, but at least it wouldve been cleaned Very Happy. last time i heard there was over 130,000 people dead. not a pretty figure.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RAV 4 plates were NJN-30 something
Next Topic:how much alcohol for my 21st?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:25:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013484001159668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.