Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
prudencexjane
Newcomer

December 2004
icon7.gif  MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 07:18 Go to next message
you will all have to excuse me for my complete ignorance about cars but...

i really want a mini truck, do you think a hilux is the best option???
also, would it be cheaper for me to buy one already done up or should i buy a hilux and get it done myself??
as for paint work and stuff, im thinking i would like it either barbie pink or black, how much does it cost roughly to get a good paint job.??

sorry again for the stupid questions but i have no clue!!
  Send a private message to this user    
PHA77R
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hilux's rock.. I've had 2 of them and loved them both to death..

You're usually best doing the work yourself.. mainly because one of the main things behind the minitrucker scene is the work you put into your truck.. so you can be proud of what you've built..

Try:
http://www.downundertruckin.tk

A good aussie minitruck site.. lots you can learn.
prudencexjane
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah, im a girl! i could never do any of it myself, lol. i have no interest in actually doing it myself but like if i got a hilux i would get the modifications done somewhere, would that be cheaper then buying one already done
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you really want one definately get one already done. You will save many many thousands as alot of the owners are getting bored with their truck

[Updated on: Wed, 29 December 2004 07:45]

prudencexjane
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, cool thanks.

what kinda price range would i be looking at for an already done up one?
i dont really care about heaps of fancy stuff, aslong as it looks good
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's one for sale on these forums at the moment:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=54609&start=0&rid=9&S=d067f37546614c bef98aa01a577dc387

Last I heard, BAG11N (Fast Fours feature car) was also for sale:
http://www.luc1d.net/other/toyotafest/DSCF0873.jpg

(just to give you an idea of what's around)
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno mate check out that minitruck down under site and see what make/model you like. Then check out tradingpost.com.au or carsales.com.au and find the one for you.

PS you could have a lot of fun and impress your friends if you pay a little extra and get one with airbag suspension
prudencexjane
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats air bag suspension????
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prudencexjane wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 19:19

whats air bag suspension????

Whoa whoa whoa , you want a mini truck , and you DON't know what air bag suspension is!!! Shocked
prudencexjane
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i said at the top, have no idea when it comes to cars....
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sealed air bag units that replace the springs and shocks on the suspension of a car , these allow the ride hieght on individual corners of the car to be altered , hence you can dump it right down like in the photo , or have it on a cool slant or what ever.
prudencexjane
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok, cool

thanks Smile
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe you should re think getting into the whole mini truckin scene .
prudencexjane
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would i do that? i want one cus they look nice, i dont care about the 'mini truck scene' i just want one.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could buy a stock one, save up some monies, and then get the work done by professionals, best of both worlds. I mean, if you just want one that looks nice, that won't be that expensive, paint, wheels, suspension, stereo + interior. I mean, would you want to do up the engine? get airbag suspension?

[Updated on: Thu, 30 December 2004 03:39]

prudencexjane
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 29 December 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah im not really into like doing stuff to the engine and everything. i wouldnt know the difference.

just as long as it looks good, im happy.

thanks for the advice Smile
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be interested to know how many of these minitruck drivers have developed back and neck problems from bumping around in these things,.. Smile Razz

regardless of how cool they might look,.. they seem ultra impractical...

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 13:34

I would be interested to know how many of these minitruck drivers have developed back and neck problems from bumping around in these things,.. Smile Razz

I've done a few k's in [BAG11N] and it's ultra-comfortable compared to my AE86. The ride is very smooth with air bags.

And Lucid, you're right, it's for sale at $35k ONO.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F*&K i love that T*^CK
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 14:06

I've done a few k's in [BAG11N] and it's ultra-comfortable compared to my AE86. The ride is very smooth with air bags.

I am sure with the $$ spent on BAG11N, you could get a nice ride, but the majority of the minitrucks I have seen, look really shit in the comfort department, IMO..

Don't get me wrong,.. they can look pretty cool

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 14:20

I am sure with the $$ spent on BAG11N, you could get a nice ride, but the majority of the minitrucks I have seen, look really shit in the comfort department, IMO..

I think you would be surprised how little that truck cost to build! It's amazing how cheap things are when you do them yourself.

And as for BAG11N being comfortable, it's not so much due to big $$$'s being spent - it's just got a normal air-bag set up. Any mini truck with air-bags would be the same.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 14:31

soaringmik wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 14:20

I think you would be surprised how little that truck cost to build! It's amazing how cheap things are when you do them yourself.

And as for BAG11N being comfortable, it's not so much due to big $$$'s being spent - it's just got a normal air-bag set up. Any mini truck with air-bags would be the same.

I really don't care,.. I was just throwing in my opinion Razz

Hey AE86slut, any news on the Dachshund?,.. we have decided to get another one Smile

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 14:36

I really don't care,.. I was just throwing in my opinion

Oh well FINE then! Razz Twisted Evil

No news on the pup/s yet...... My current residence isn't pet-friendly unfortunately. Plus, the price of 2 Dachshunds would also pay for the paint-job that my car so sorely needs!

Good to hear Rizzo is getting a little friend. From Marilyn again? I can't wait to get mine!
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep,.. Marilyn is my dealer,.. time for another puppy fix

I called her today and her dog had a litter of 6 Shocked via suzerain (spelling?)(that is heaps for a dashchund),

And subsequently 4 of them died during the operation,..

So we will probably be picking up the new one in about 8 weeks,.. can't wait

Goodluck with the paintjob Smile , we are thinking about having a litter, and we would be selling those pups just to cover expenses, if your interested, i'll let you know.

P.S, sorry for the hijack Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 15:16

we are thinking about having a litter, and we would be selling those pups just to cover expenses, if your interested, i'll let you know.

Hell yes! Can you PM me an approximate price?

And yeah, sorry for the hijack!
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM'd
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll find that alot of the low trucks that look uncomfortable, and bounce around alot, just have cut springs. Its like riding on the bumper stops with like, 2 cm of travel.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that baggin truck is fkn awesome, and its 1G powered Very Happy

you dont have to spend 35K to build a phat minitruck, simply find yourself a tub tray hilux, get some lowering blocks, some nice 17 or 18 inch wheels, tint it up, wind down the front torsion bars and youre laffing

wont be the most comfortable car to ride in but it will look rather tuff thats for sure
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheaper to buy an allready done truck.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: MINI TRUCK Thu, 30 December 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ceaserian (I still am not sure if thats right but its a damn sight closer than what you have Very Happy )

soaringmik wrote on Thu, 30 December 2004 15:16

Yep,.. Marilyn is my dealer,.. time for another puppy fix

I called her today and her dog had a litter of 6 Shocked via suzerain (spelling?)(that is heaps for a dashchund),

And subsequently 4 of them died during the operation,..

So we will probably be picking up the new one in about 8 weeks,.. can't wait

Goodluck with the paintjob Smile , we are thinking about having a litter, and we would be selling those pups just to cover expenses, if your interested, i'll let you know.

P.S, sorry for the hijack Razz

XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: MINI TRUCK Wed, 12 January 2005 10:02 Go to previous message
Hey.

If your still interested in getting a ute i have a friend who is selling his...

Its a holden rodeo single cab, i think its a 98, not sure
White paint job with custom blue flames airbrushed on.
Lowered as much as possible without cutting chassis.
riding on 17"? 5 spoke mags(not sure about size, look good though).
white and pink dash and door panels(inside).
hard torno(SP?) cover
Cannon(big exhaust)
Front grill is painted white and has an "ISUZU" badge on it
Back of ute has been debadged and flattened out(custom back)
Manual 3.0L V6(stock bar pod filter)

He is asking 12500
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:At the car wash.
Next Topic:ke70's diffs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:09:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067508220672607 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.