Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Apparent overheating Mon, 04 November 2002 20:18 Go to next message
When driving my car from Perth to Lancelin a couple of weekends ago, the temp guage began rising and falling for no reason (that I could see). At one stage it was rising to almost the red, then dropping down below half.

I was in the middle of nowhere and didn't want to stop and have it die on me, so i continued on. when I got to lancelin it had stopped.

Now this morning it was doing a similar thing, and still I can't find a cause for it. any ideas?

Also every now and then the speedo shits itself jumping from 0-220kph and anywhere in between, which for some reason causes random gear changes. I still haven't had time to check the sender unit, but I'll have a look if I ever get a day off work.
  Send a private message to this user    
ae101rKev
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Apparent overheating Mon, 04 November 2002 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It could be
- a loose connection; check all wires are clean and firm
- Stuffed thermostat sticking; replace
- Cracked head; ouch!

Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Apparent overheating Tue, 05 November 2002 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sound like it could possibly be a blockage in one of your radiator pipes. Next time you drive your car, before you turn the engine off check the firmness of your radiator pipes and also feel the temperature.

If one of them is cooler than the other or you are able to squeeze one then (not as much pressure) then this may be the case.

Other than this it sounds like your dash may be faulty or have some loose connections..... as above check all you connections.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Apparent overheating Tue, 05 November 2002 07:21 Go to previous message
Yah, my car behaves just like that whenever theres a problem with the cooling system (leak), and just as it's running out of water the gauge goes up and down all over the place for a while until it loses a bit more then just starts boiling Evil or Very Mad

However, if your speedo is playing silly buggers, then definately start looking at the electrics, especially earths. They can be some of the trickiest little buggers to find, too...

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Polishing Alloy Rims and Rocket Cover
Next Topic:20 valve
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 06:41:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059959888458252 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.