Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Tue, 07 December 2004 14:16 Go to next message
yeah i got a few parts i'll post up hear before on ebay!

St185 JDM 5 speed manual box...$450
St185 Radiator and front thermo fan perfect condition..$250
St185 Air con, front condensor... $50
St185 Gear box mount (passenger side...under the air filter)...$50
St185 Brake master clyinder...offer
St185 Clutch master cylinder...offer
St185 Strut and A-arm and front drive shaft assembilies...offer

St162 3s-ge engien parts buttom end is fucked and i want the intake manifold anyhting else of it u need is good and for sale!

St185 3s-gte oil presure sender...offer

Nezza Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Sun, 12 December 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
any chance the jdm st185 gearbox will fit into a FWD st162 with a jdm st185 engine? If so what condition is it in?
Cheers.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Sun, 12 December 2004 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 4wd boxes fit, but u have to remember that they are 4wd, you have to be able to mod the box to fwd for it to work.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Sun, 12 December 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks,
Anyone have any idea how much it would cost for a pro to install it and mod it?
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Mon, 13 December 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cycleofabuse wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 08:42

Thanks,
Anyone have any idea how much it would cost for a pro to install it and mod it?

In all honesty, it wouldn't be worth your time.

If your after a replacement box, get one out of a camry, they are a direct bolt up, and you can do it yourself.

Nezze - ill give you a buzz about that gearbox, do you know what type of condition its in at all?
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Mon, 13 December 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm no man i don't! i know it got 125,000 orginal km on it and when i was movign the selector it was very nice and tight!

Nezza Cool
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Mon, 13 December 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 18:08

If your after a replacement box, get one out of a camry, they are a direct bolt up, and you can do it yourself.

I've got an sv21 gear box in there right now, but with a good 120+ fwkw its seen better days. I'm not sure how much longer it will last, it may last me years or it may last another few months. If i got an sv21 gear box that was in excellent condition or even got mine reconditioned you it be strong enough?
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Mon, 13 December 2004 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cycleofabuse wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 22:57

-==L=a=N=c=E==- wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 18:08

I've got an sv21 gear box in there right now, but with a good 120+ fwkw its seen better days. I'm not sure how much longer it will last, it may last me years or it may last another few months. If i got an sv21 gear box that was in excellent condition or even got mine reconditioned you it be strong enough?

Your other option is to modify a MR2 Box then.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Wed, 15 December 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeha i'll be rebuilding my s-53 box...sv21 and st162 celica one.. and it was good but everythign is going from changing rela quick and shit... third pops out soemtimes!

Nezza Cool
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Wed, 15 December 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still got the alternator from the 3sge?
Would you let it go for $50-60? or would you sell the brushes out of it?

PM sent.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Mon, 27 December 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump...plus also i sold the altenator off the old 3s-ge... Very Happy
Hopefully i can get the buying to make coments on how it was all handled and how he got the alternator...

Also again i have the st185 fan blower for sale and i'm sure it works cause i hooked it to power and it spined quite good and fast (only had 3 volts to it)..

Give me a offer for the gear box or anything cause i didn't even list the alternator and it sold... so yeah ask me!!!

Nezza Cool
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Thu, 30 December 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U dont happen to have an aircon compressor for the st185 do u? Very Happy
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST185 JDM Gearbox..and other stuff and st162 3s-ge stuff! Thu, 30 December 2004 12:02 Go to previous message
nah it on my st185 engine atm and about to get used (wired up to kick in)...

I do have the 3s-ge (st162) compressor in good order i think the onyl difference is the angle of one fitting for the gas tot he compresr fromt eh condensor...so yeah and u'd be able to a new fitting from somewhere (i just fucked around with lines of gas piping swaping betweenthe two cars....)

Cause it not exactly for ya car i'd let her go cheap....

Nezza Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7MGE - Clutch fan, AC fan, radiator shroud.
Next Topic:luggage rack for AE corolla $50
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 15:16:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055978298187256 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.