Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MAD180
Regular

December 2004
My new car! Mon, 27 December 2004 00:01 Go to next message
Hey guys i Picked up my ST162 on friday afternoon. So far im very happy with it and am looking foward to doing it up a bit. Can anyone tell me any mods that are more of an uncommon one, that suits the car (ie you wouldnt do to something that isnt on a toyota or a celica.) I also saw a ST162 with sleepy eyes, where the lights are half closed. Is that hard to do? I heard you just have to change a fuse around. Anyway, Im happy with the car and its alot nicer and quicker to drive than my first one

heres the car domain linky Smile

http://www.cardomain.com/id/flynsx
  Send a private message to this user    
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My new car! Mon, 27 December 2004 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice and clean,

although the SX celicas all came with the 3SGE, the 3SFE came in the ST celicas as far as i can understand. i've owned 2 162's and they both came with the 3SGE engines.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My new car! Mon, 27 December 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car Wink

now sleepy eyes is actually easiest to do with just a little bit of hand-eye co-ordination Smile

pop your lights up, switch them right off, and then flick the setting to "up, but not on" and catch them on their way down.

voila! sleepy eyes!
MAD180
Regular

December 2004
Re: My new car! Mon, 27 December 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Mon, 27 December 2004 12:02

nice and clean,

although the SX celicas all came with the 3SGE, the 3SFE came in the ST celicas as far as i can understand. i've owned 2 162's and they both came with the 3SGE engines.

ahh k, im just going by the receipts and what i was told. I havent actually researched into it. But i know its the japanese 3sge which could be the same for all i know

thanks for the kind word guys (and the help with the sleepy eyes)
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: My new car! Mon, 27 December 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another nice clean example , love that colour...i tried the sleepy eye thing once and was left with 1 up and 1 down, looked like the car had been in a prang Laughing

MAD180
Regular

December 2004
Re: My new car! Mon, 27 December 2004 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tryed the sleepy eyes and it works fine, looks cool!

thanks for the words guys
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: My new car! Wed, 29 December 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tryed the sleepy eyes on my car... They look so mad! .... I get heaps of looks of people of the same Celica.... Smile Thanks
Eagz
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: My new car! Wed, 29 December 2004 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey wat about a nice big F**K off Turbo with a thin but long front mount intercooler thats bin stealthed up

maybe a custom titanium exhaust. Nice and Light
maybe lowering it bout 30mm
maybe nice big brakes
maybe a new double or triple plated clutch
Sparco or Recaro Rcaing seats with 4 point saftey harnessess
Graphics, choose your flava and slap it on
short shift kit
i can go on because the possiblilties are almost unlimited and they will suit the car if u think they do. I could have alot of fun with a car like yours hehe

But i like the sleepy eyes idea, sounds aight
could any1 take a digi pic for me ? would luv to see
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: My new car! Wed, 29 December 2004 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eagz wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 23:30

maybe a custom titanium exhaust. Nice and Light

nice and light at the cost of your left nut, titanium itself is a very expensive material, add to the mixture that it requires a special environment filled with a non-reactive gas to weld, plus the fact that most exhaust shops dont carry that equipment...

stainless is all the go Smile oh, and titanium sucks for small screws, something i found out on my RC Gas truck, they're shite, quite a suprise Sad
Dean86
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice looking car Very Happy nice and shiny not like mine Sad Just hope you dont have to buy engine mounts during your ownership Sad $800 for geniune (lucky my mech can get them for cheaper) hose on my power steering is buggered to. $250 to replace a peice of rubber with a metel bit on each end what a joke.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want your bonnet and left front guard!!

i got the same model and colour celica, they look freaking mad.

slap on some 17's (NOT chrome!!) and you'll have a very nice looking ride
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dean86

take the busted hose to enzed or pirtek they can make you one for like half that price.

Karl Cool
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and I got a genuine mount for $140 I think
Dean86
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats only for one rob not 4 Very Happy

Will do that warrior Very Happy thanks
MAD180
Regular

December 2004
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are the rims im looking at getting, let me know what you think.

http://slc.lca.org.au/Pics/CRW_0520_RT8.jpg

or

http://slc.lca.org.au/Pics/CRW_0556_RT8.jpg

and myc ar with sleepy eyes

http://slc.lca.org.au/Pics/Picture%20004.jpg

Dean86
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the sleepy eyes thing did you just wind them up with the mechanism on each light undreneath the rubber cap or did you do it the hard way ? Very Happy
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The sleepy lights look soo cooll... You gotta see it on my car.. Ill post a pic tomrrow with my car.. Smile Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

now sleepy eyes is actually easiest to do with just a little bit of hand-eye co-ordination

pop your lights up, switch them right off, and then flick the setting to "up, but not on" and catch them on their way down.

voila! sleepy eyes!

Wink

I like both wheels dude. Probably the second ones match the car most
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: My new car! Thu, 30 December 2004 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not liking the colour of them, thats about my only problem with them
MAD180
Regular

December 2004
Re: My new car! Sat, 01 January 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the do look a little dull but they also come in white, and grey, and i think gunmetal grey. i thought gold wheels would look good on a maroon car though or white, opinions? i personally dont think chromies would look too good

how do you wind the lights up, i just did it the way RobST162 said.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: My new car! Sat, 01 January 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey man chrome look great on that colour.

heres a pic of my old car with chromies.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/maroon1.jpg
MAD180
Regular

December 2004
Re: My new car! Sat, 01 January 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that looks crazy Very Happy

maybe chromies arent so bad if i find a nice pair. my next issue is mounting 6" splits in the door, anyone that knows st162 doors is going to understand the headf*ck here....

has anyone done it that can show me pics, or offer adivice, etc. I havent got the speakers yet, but that was my origonal plan to have 6" splits or 6.5's and then 6" compo's in the rear with a 10" sub

If anyone has done this can they please show me a picture of how you have done it or possible ways to go about it

Thanks - Josh
Dean86
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: My new car! Sun, 02 January 2005 07:48 Go to previous message
There are some pics of splits here http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/395152
that car is also for sale on here
also in the next couple of weeks my splits should be done Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE92... built from surplus