Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Wed, 29 September 2004 08:36 Go to next message
Hi Guys, Thought I would throw a couple pics up of my ride. More pics on the way if ppl like what they see Very Happy

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/3964/IMG_222.jpg
http://img88.exs.cx/img88/3833/IMG_226.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 07:39]

Send a private message to this user    
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Wed, 29 September 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys, I should give a quick run down to the car itself hehe

2nd Gen 3S-GTE
3 inch Cat Back Exhaust (soon to replace cat with custom 3 in downpipe with 5in tip (very meaty tone)
Apexi S-AFC II with 540cc TRD injectors
rebuilt CT-26
Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller 8-16psi at the flick of a wrist Very Happy
Blitz SS BOV
Stock ATA Intercooler
King Springs
18x7 BSA G-Zeros with 225/45/18 Falken FK-451's
Momo Wheel & Knob
Sony system

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Wed, 29 September 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the 185 have an air to air intercooler stock???

I know the Group A's have water to air...but that would explain the totally different bonnet shape for the Group A model.
stumpy
Regular

June 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Wed, 29 September 2004 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, yes it does, sweet ride SilverGhost
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Wed, 29 September 2004 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys! My name is Dave. I was actually goin for a cruise last night and I was wondering if I posted in the wrong section as this is titled 'members rides' and im not a memeber hehe

but I thought this was as good a way as any to introduce myself.

Yes, the ST185 came with ATA Intercooler as stock, but the limited edition Carlos Sainz or ST185RC came with WTA Intercooler.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Wed, 29 September 2004 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice dave,
who did the bodykit?
another silver one Smile
Stu will be happy Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Wed, 29 September 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to have a GT4, and I like the colour, but I gotta say the front fascia looks and the chrome rims detract from the car.

Looks like it is lowered sensibly though

Cheers

Michael B
madman
Regular

December 2003
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Thu, 30 September 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i like those side skirts.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Thu, 30 September 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the feedback lads. Wish I could go to the Show this weekend but gotta rip the turbo back out again Sad its playing up a bit.

Hi bbaacchhyy, A lot of people have said that show rims dont look as good on the 185 as race rims, I havent actually seen an example of one to compare. I just figured if its got a show kit it should have show rims.

When i decide how I want to race with it, I might get rid of the kit and rims completely in favour of stock...
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Thu, 30 September 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bodykit is by jetspeed (car had a veilside front bar from a supra custom fit, but I didnt like the fit.

The new front bar was from CarMate in guildford. Had to fight them tooth and nail to get the bar to fit right as it was the first of this style to be fitted to a 185.

I have to admit they were not very forthcoming with help and were borederline abusive on the phone when I rang up requesting additional service. This was just my experience with them. But im happy with it overall

Here is a shot of the back:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/nightraver/IMG_0224.jpg
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Tue, 05 October 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Ride man Cool
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Tue, 05 October 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks sikx5

might see if i can make it down to the batemans bay event, bring the machine down for a look see...

im a bit green eyed about your grp A status Laughing

seriously though, from you avatar it looks like you got a sweet ride Smile
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Thu, 25 November 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,

Thought I would blow the dust off this thread with my results from my Dyno tune today.

I got my S-AFC tuned at Silverwater Automotive Services, and im very happy with the result. Very Happy Very Happy I would like to say thanks to the guys that worked on my pride and joy, and would recommend them to anyone looking for a tune up!

I met a fellow gt4 driver down there when I went to pick up my car, hopefully he finds his way to this site. I shamelessly wrote it on the back of an address card for him hehe Cool

Now, without further re-due, I am posting my power run for the day:

http://img126.exs.cx/img126/8476/dyno1.jpg
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Thu, 25 November 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice gt4 jeff - i have competition now for grey gt4 honours Wink

nice room behind that front bar too , for a frontmount Smile
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Thu, 25 November 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Jeff?? who is that?? Rolling Eyes im Dave, but thanks anyway dude

Ive read a couple of your threads on what your doin with your beast...have to say its quite impressive, go the Grey GT4's!!!!

Ive learnt that my MBC aint doing its job properly anymore, and need to get it replaced....might go for the Apexi AVC-R, anyone had experience with them??

either way im goin to be drivin around on 8psi for a while, just listenin to that sweet 3SGTE exhaust note and enjoying my new found love affair with the GreyGhost Very Happy

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Thu, 25 November 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from now you shall be knownb as JEFF!

hehe Wink

soryy - must have glazed over a name and misread Wink

Im running at 14PSI - but still unable to crack 120 ATWKW which shits me ..

i think its tuning + injectors atm - My ECU's been tuned in safe mode till i could get some parts fixed - then its being remapped + tuned for 18 PSI.

SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip to Dubbo Thu, 25 November 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe, no worries mate Cool

sounds like once that gremlin is sorted out, who knows how strong your engine will be! I mean my power run was done with a MBC that is spiking boost to 17PSI (scary) then easing off to 12 Mad

and to top it off ive got a factory downpipe with the cat still intact!!

It just goes to illustrate the enormous potential for the 3SGTE!
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Thu, 25 November 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats dave

thats what we like to see
Very Happy Very Happy
now all I've got to do is send mine back down
there

GT4's taking over SAS Laughing
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Fri, 26 November 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Troy

aye to be sure, to be sure!

actually yesterday was the first time i have gotten up close to another gt4 without it being mine...

does anyone else have power runs they can post?? would like to see what other gt4's are pulling in different setups
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Fri, 26 November 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dave,
how did the other gt4 go
that was there?
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Fri, 26 November 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The other one pulled 141.7 i think...but his power curve was a smoother increase as he had a custom downpipe and FMIC

his run was also done later in the day and the ambient temp in the dyno bay was up about 6 degrees at that stage...
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Thu, 23 December 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet sweet looking car.

But Id change up the wheels for some nice gunmetal 5 piece SR4 style rims.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Fri, 24 December 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice car Dave. Smile 140kws is pretty impressive! whats wrong with your MBC thou? its the dual stage turbosmart right? i'm about to get one for my swap, u reckon there not that good or..?

Anyways if you want to sell it off, i might be interested.hehe Smile
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Fri, 24 December 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work Dave!
wyldie
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Thu, 30 December 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice I made 115awd/KW on my gt4

SAFC2
2.5 flex joint back exhaust
EBC - Blitz
straight intake
Front mount
on roughly 7.5 bar stock boost.. I had majpr troubles with spikes when I tried winding it up.. so I did it at pretty much stock boost
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: My 185 on road trip...now all tuned up! Wed, 19 January 2005 07:06 Go to previous message
7.5 psi you mean Smile yeah, thats a pretty good reading for stock boost. Its a pity that the gt4 cruise fell through, and many of us couldnt make it to the dyno day to compete...it reminds me of the simpsons

"A congenital heart defect has felled tatum moments before he could step into the ring" Laughing

ohwell next time.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Call me Lexcentric but:
Next Topic:my ta22(finally painted) is finished
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:25:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.1954460144043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.