Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
mini pocket bike Sat, 01 January 2005 19:16 Go to next message
payed $1000 for it only a week ago, ridden twice, hasn;t been ridin for over 45mins. got fined for riding it $1050 so must sell asking price $850 its in brand new cond, has receipts and all. One very quick poket bike, blue in color, pm for more info.
  Send a private message to this user    
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Sat, 01 January 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
y was the fine so big mine was only $605 ???

where where u riding?

good luck with the sale
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: mini pocket bike Sun, 02 January 2005 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no rego, no insurance etc. if i had no helmet on it would of been an extra $504. got caught riding in my area around the streets.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Sun, 02 January 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i got done for no insurance, no rego, no license. but i was wearing full body armour and was on a pw50.

i think down there the fines are just bigger

good lluck
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Mon, 03 January 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iv been busted twice on mine and both times got off with a warning, was wearing motobike helmet. i just played dumd and said i didnt know that they were illegal and they just cautioned me.
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Mon, 03 January 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does that mean its illagal for me to ride a petrol scooter? ( 43cc )
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Mon, 03 January 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, ya cant register them or insure them basicaly just cos ther are so small and if you get hit by a car your f#$%ed and cant you get a lisence for them because you can register them.
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Mon, 03 January 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then wtf do they sell them lol
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Mon, 03 January 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, ya cant register them or insure them basicaly just cos ther are so small and if you get hit by a car your f#$%ed and cant you get a lisence for them because you can register them.

EDIT: dont know why this came up twice

[Updated on: Mon, 03 January 2005 04:08]

Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: mini pocket bike Tue, 04 January 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just checked with the transport agency here to get facts cause I was interested.

The info I got before applys to moped (Power Assisted Pedal Bicycle) Or a bicycle with a motor attached.
The National rules are
no license required
-Any age can ride
-Limit to 50km/hr
-Normal Push Bike helmet is fine
-Motor cannot output more than 200watts (approx 50cc but you have to have it checked.)
Note: If it is not a moped, you cannot ride it without a license as its considered as a motorbike. Even if its less than 50cc/200W output.

Sorry for the confusion before.

Info wrong below.
-----------------
At last check with our local transport agency (transportSA)

It is legal to ride a petrol powered bike as long as it was restricted to 30km/hr and was under 50cc. (push bike helmet was fine too) But that was like 4 years ago. you may want to double check it with your transport agency too. You may have been fined incorectly.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 02:00]

notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Fri, 07 January 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm you can have a licence, as in if u hold a bike licence you get a lesser fine, yet still no rego or insurance, or thats what i read in the paper last week
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Fri, 14 January 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what the hell is goin on
are u talking abt those lil ones that kids ride??
i've seen a guy ride up n down ym street in those.
u get fined for riding that??? i'd be going apeshit for $1050
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
Re: mini pocket bike Sat, 19 February 2005 13:02 Go to previous message
I want to get one of these, but now readin ppl gettin huge fines i'm thinkin of maybe not gettin one. Don't u only get a fine if u ride it on public properly like public roads and stuff? But it is legal to ride on private property. Well thats wat i heard. I would buy urs off u setmefree, but it is abit to expensive for me. Sorry to bring up an old topic.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cashflow 101 - FS
Next Topic:FS: AE86 Dashmat *Brand New*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:32:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051310062408447 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.