Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Drove to the SA/VIC border and back...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Sun, 02 January 2005 07:39 Go to next message
Today being a sunday, and me being bored, I decided to take my car for it's first ever long drive while I owned it... Visiting another state sounded like fun, but I didn't want to stay overnight or anything. Best choice for today was to just visit the SA/VIC border! Quite a nice drive really... a bit too much traffic at this time of year though, I cannot count the number of caravans I had to pass.

Some may ask why? I say why not Razz

http://www.users.on.net/hydra/vic

Just a few pics that I took while at the border...
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Sun, 02 January 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks hot and dry, you guys need some rain happenin!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Sun, 02 January 2005 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going interstate is always a fun drive IMO, apart from the caravan thing.. Laughing
i'll be going through Vic-SA border in a couple months, i have pics of going through the NT-Qld border and the NT-WA border here somewhere.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Sun, 02 January 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice number plate hydra Very Happy
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Mon, 03 January 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drove to Mildura today Razz took us 12 hours there and back, with A LOT of screwing around.

Saw a big storm rolling over too!! Was quite impressive.

Got our first taste of victorian police too... one XR6 sedan with a radar thingo on it driving up and down the sturt hwy trying to bust people... damn that is a BORING road!

We're thinking about doing the SA/NT border, and maybe one day we'll drive to QLD and WA Razz

Number plate is in my sig, if you look for it that is Razz I don't mind people seeing my number plate, i'm only driving to and from states!!

I cannot however explain the following picture legally... unless I said I went to a track day I guess Smile
http://www.users.on.net/~hydra/celixx/borked-speedo.jpg
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Mon, 03 January 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How shit-house is the 10-15kms of road just before the boarder Rolling Eyes

we should have a sa/vic boarder meet Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Mon, 03 January 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 22:06

Drove to Mildura today Razz took us 12 hours there and back, with A LOT of screwing around.

Saw a big storm rolling over too!! Was quite impressive.

Got our first taste of victorian police too... one XR6 sedan with a radar thingo on it driving up and down the sturt hwy trying to bust people... damn that is a BORING road!

We're thinking about doing the SA/NT border, and maybe one day we'll drive to QLD and WA Razz

Number plate is in my sig, if you look for it that is Razz I don't mind people seeing my number plate, i'm only driving to and from states!!

I cannot however explain the following picture legally... unless I said I went to a track day I guess Smile
http://www.users.on.net/~hydra/celixx/borked-speedo.jpg

Laughing tisk tisk tisk , well at least now I feel happy about driving to state boarders. I'm only around 200kms away from NSW border I've done a few times now. but I'd love to drive around Australia one day. Maybe when I find myself a missus (for company) I don't think I could do it on my own Sad . theres just so much too see. oh and very nice car too HyDrA.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Mon, 03 January 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You STILL haven't fixed that tacho? Laughing
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Mon, 03 January 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was going to say that car has a wicked low down torque curve Very Happy
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Mon, 03 January 2005 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and also 0 volts, 0deg oil temp and 0deg coolant temp!!

that thing can top 180 without even turning the car on Smile
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Wed, 05 January 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.users.on.net/~hydra/vic/PIC000007.jpg

please tell me you didnt touch the poles on this sign!

i have siphened the python many a time on it out of pure respect for victoria! Laughing
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Drove to the SA/VIC border and back... Wed, 05 January 2005 10:08 Go to previous message
OI leave victoria alone!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica?
Next Topic:Newcastle Forum
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 12:04:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.089602947235107 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.