Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Sun, 02 January 2005 01:18 Go to next message
I'm just going to copy what I wrote on another website.
--------
I've decided to get rid of my ST165.

Engine is due to be 'fixed' at Jaustech sometime this week and after that I'm putting it up for sale, I thought I'd give everyone here a chance to pick it up before I put it in the paper.

Only thing that is unlikable about this car is a few scratches and the suspension is old and very worn. Aside from that it runs very nicely - it has plenty of potential as a car (with the right sized hip-pocket) and plenty of potential in the right drivers hands to achieve in racing/rallying even drifting (yes you can drift AWD).

I'm putting it in the paper at $8200, but that is obviously subject to offers.

send me a pm if you want more details or my mobile number.
--------

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2005 03:48]

Send a private message to this user  
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Sun, 02 January 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill give u 50 bucks
u won't get close to what ur askin
change the price to 1500 and people might start thinkin bout buyin it
even thats steep
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Sun, 02 January 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you're forgetting that the st165 is the gt4 celica, all wheel drive turbo. The st162 was the povvo model that the japs handed down to us aussies. Its easily worth dat much, if i had the money i'd buy it.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Sun, 02 January 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73 you're wrong bro, FWDboy's listed price is the cheapest listed price on a GT4 I have seen this year, erm, or last year either for that matter. Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Mon, 03 January 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess he's not my target demographic Very Happy

For those of you who are unsure about what and ST165 is, it's a Celica GT-Four - and secondly, if I ever see a 1988 Celica SX (an ST162) for sale for $1500 that is in perfect running condition, remind me to buy it cause that price would be crazy.
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Mon, 03 January 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought you only just bought this beauty? Upgrading to 185??
MaYa
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Mon, 03 January 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Sanitary Towel" 165 .....

Wish some car companies would think a little better about the naming schemes.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Mon, 03 January 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EnFlaMEd Nah - upgrading to a Kawasaki ZZR-250 thank you very much Very Happy GT4s don't interest me atm.

Maya -> I think you'll discover they didn't have much choice with naming the thing, seeing as it uses the S series engine (3S-GTE) and is based on the T series platform - thus the 'ST' as per standard Toyota convention.

Now I appreciate the bumps, but could we stick to offers etc. Thanks.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Tue, 04 January 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX73_drifter wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 20:37

ill give u 50 bucks
u won't get close to what ur askin
change the price to 1500 and people might start thinkin bout buyin it
even thats steep

WTF kinda car r u thinking of? these cars go for around 9-10 g's if they r in good condition fool. Respect to the GT4 Very Happy gl with sale mate
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Tue, 04 January 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urban_myth wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 01:01

if i had the money i'd buy it.

How many times do we hear this ?
Wouldn't we all !

Sorry, free bump !

BTW there's 1 on Carsales.com.au for $7K !

"http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2090212&current_r ec=1&total_rec=6&sort_type=&make_id=8& amp;model_id=31&badge_id=34353&state_id=-1 &search_distance=25"

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 02:13]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Tue, 04 January 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey get that one for $7K off my thread Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Wed, 05 January 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob - Rooooooooob - the St165 is calling you !

its saying " please , can i be a stable mate to the beamsbox 162 ? Please ?"
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) Thu, 06 January 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, and my BANK balance is going, so, "how you gonna pay for car insurance this month?"

like all toymods members, povo in the extreme

however, since I don't have full-time uni this year maybe I will have money by june Wink
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As it turns out the engine is probably totally stuffed and in need of a full rebuild. I'm withdrawing the sale as I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.

-Stephen
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a spare 3SGE you could put in it! lol

or the bottom part

or dude just get a quote on the rebuild and then a lowered price.. I think some people might be keen for that.. you can only try Confused
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope the importer is gonna take some resposability for it?

it seems only like yesterday that u bought it.

good luck mate.

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
* jedi hand wave *

you will rebuild the st165

*jedi hand wave *

You will call adelaide jap dismantlers to see if they still have the gen2 group A motor from the frontcut that my parts were stolen off

* wave - hand getting tired *

you will buy my JE forgies that i have spare - and appreciate Gt4's once again !
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah there's this little voice in my head saying
Little Voice said

Go the rebuild, make a great big f***-off motor while you've got it apart
Then there's this other big voice with a crowbar saying
Big f***ing voice with big f***ing crowbar said

You better shut up little voice or your going f***ing get it

And I'm slowly losing it... Confused
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft to crowbars - youve done well to get it to OZ and these things are rare - yours is in pretty good shape considering its age - and YOU KNOW theres potential X shitloads to tap there with inspiration .. Smile

ill say this much - if big voice with crowbar makes you get a nissan instead- ill take that crowbar and bend it around big voices head ;)OR!

Twisted Evil just sell it to rob Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissan is ghey wiv teh massif aids (actually that's not entirely true)

Anyway, I'm just not sure if I have the cash at the moment, I might just get the workshop to drop it back home and let it collect dust while I save and save.

Yeah i tried to off it to rob but he just started sobbing.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmms - well how shagged is the motor ?

if its Uber shagged - then yeah - let it gather dust and rebuild - its not going anywhere in a hurry - save - do it once do it right

you dont have to go totally insane and over the top like my engine rebuild - a freshen up + some upgrades here and there to rings/HG , studs etc will see it back on the road and strong..

Myabe build that 5sGTE youd planned to make before Wink Now that would be unique Wink and go like the clappers in the lightweight 165 shell
temptation
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

its such a rare and wonderful car..it seems a shame to get rid of it. I noticed that warrior is selling a ST165 long motor if thats any help. seems it may be an inexpensive option.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=55786&rid=8566&S=97682fd9f9151170750e978 c892341fc

just a thought.

good luck
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 1988 ST165 for sale (Adelaide/SA) <- SALE WITHDRAWN (delete?) Thu, 06 January 2005 14:21 Go to previous message
Don't need another headache...would rather buy something with history/rebuild info etc.

At this rate I think the car is going to end up in shrink wrapped in my back yard until i can build a 300hp engine to rally spec (restrictions as to what mods can be done).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:eoi: 1981 ra60 celica
Next Topic:97 series 2 VS ute V8
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 02:43:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080790519714355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.