Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
parsi
Occasional Poster

January 2004
how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Mon, 03 January 2005 15:06 Go to next message
shoot me if this has already been covered but... just wondering how much other guys have spent on their celicas?
how much money has been pumped into these bottomless pits..
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Mon, 03 January 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I spent 15K ten years ago. today if I was to build one for the street I'd spend twice that easily.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Mon, 03 January 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've spent about 18k on mine and its not running or painted yet Confused
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Mon, 03 January 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last one i did was $6k in parts not including labour because i did it all myself or the initial cost of the car.
If i did it again it would probably be twice that.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Tue, 04 January 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine owes me about 18k but thats cause i bought it with a dodgy conversion 7K,that then had to be redone,plus I initially had no idea how to do anything and relied on so called mates to help me Rolling Eyes oh yeh it still needs to be wired up and engineered, Very Happy fukk it!! no bitch is ever guna make me sell it so ill just make it better and faster Evil or Very Mad
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Tue, 04 January 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last One I have I spent about 2k on but it was a throw together of parts in the garage and doesn't include engine and the car itself which would push it into the 6-5k mark.

The next one I'll be getting parts from Toyota So I guess I'll be mortgaging the house... Confused
something
Regular

May 2004
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Tue, 04 January 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my old one i spend prolly 6-7k on
and this 1 i bought for 7 and there is still a long way to go before im happy like rust,paint,and of course a diff that will actually b able to hold the power
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Tue, 04 January 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment I think its about 2K. No paint yet but I have gotten both doors + boot lid + just bought 2 almost new guards.

So in the end I guess it will be about 4K for my pretty nice (obviously not prefect) celica Very Happy
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Tue, 04 January 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At the moment probably around $4000 or so, if not more. Its still not completely painted either but she's getting there. Me and my old man who is a mechanic are doing all the work ourselves. At least now I have every conceivable part for my 18RGEU and the car itself. I was tempted to go with a 1G-GZE or GTE conversion, but for now I think I'll stick with the 18RGEU. I'm only 20 and at uni so I can't spend all my money, and a 1G conversion would be a great thing to slowly build up to over the next few years.
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Tue, 04 January 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just finished mine and the cost would be around $10K (decent pics coming soon).

This included:
Full re-upholstered trim (done myself)
Complete respray in pearl paint (also done myself)
Purchase and installation of 2TGEU (once again done myself)
Other bits and pieces (suspension, 16 inch wheels, hoses, mirrors, windows etc)

Moral of the story, if you do the work yourself you save a crapload of money.
spectre
Regular

July 2004
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Wed, 05 January 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA28 ... about $300 (oh plus $2200 for the actual car) Laughing That got me new door trims, like new black carpet, a black vinyl retrim for the interior (done be me), and a new set of XA* falcon mirrors... just a matter of saving for the rust repair and the paint job... (over 1grand for the body work, and 1700 for the paint job...) then an 18rg and 17" rims... im looking forward to it though Very Happy celica's are beautiful things...
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Wed, 05 January 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mines set me back $5500.00 so far and I haven't done anything I wanted to it:

$3000 for straight ra23 with a few mods and rebuilt 18rg (HAHAHA)

*disc brakes all round*
*seats from paseo*
*Big stereo (since removed and thrown at a bin)

$2500.00 to have the rebuilt motor, rebuilt again after bottom end seized due to dodgy build in the first instance (got charged parts only)

so currently: $5500.00 for 18rg celica with disc brakes and paseo seats....yay Very Happy

guessing all told it will set me back around $15000 or so....when it's done how I want it....
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: how much have you spent on your 22/23/28 celica? Wed, 05 January 2005 12:53 Go to previous message
my TA23's at around 11K NZ$ and nowhere near finished. its in storage at the moment while i save some cash and decide on what exactly i want to do, should pull it in at around 15K for a nice daily driver or thinking about getting serious with around 20K more. dreams at the moment though but getting the information and seeing how viable what i want to do is. it would be pretty damn different if i pull it off anyway
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help a 4 wheeler out in Bris
Next Topic:Drove to the SA/VIC border and back...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:12:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066268444061279 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.