Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Whats your poison?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Whats your poison? Fri, 31 December 2004 03:58 Go to next message
Whats your poison? (alcohol)

Personally i like corona with lime/lemon, or strongbow cider (yeh i know chicks drink)

[Updated on: Fri, 31 December 2004 04:08]

Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Whats your poisen? Fri, 31 December 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poison.....

bundy rum or beer. nuff said
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Whats your poison? Fri, 31 December 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asahi super dry

yum
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Whats your poison? Fri, 31 December 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isnt bundy rum like 50% alchohol??? Shocked

For tonight we've bought Vermoth.. and more beer ( and i forgot about all the beer we had left over in the fridge from xmas..) plus the usual tequilla and some clear zambucca type drink.. not really keep on mixing it though.. mixing alchohol is when i start to fuck up.....
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Whats your poison? Fri, 31 December 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bundy black is the go Very Happy
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything with vodka and if im feeling rich at the time.. absinthe Evil or Very Mad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
polished off a bottle of vodka between myself and a mate within 15-20 min Surprised

that was after a 6 pack of extra dry and a few smirnoff blacks Confused
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would have to be vodka
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STTEEELLLAAAAA or kirin iciban mmmmmmm japanese
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends what mood I'm in...

Jack Daniels and Cola
Jim Beam and Dry Ginger Ale

White Russian (Kaluha, Vodka, Milk) - "The Dude's" drink of choice.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vodka, absinthe and interesting combinations of these
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

icon14.gif  Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 01 January 2005 22:52

vodka, absinthe and interesting combinations of these

i like your style Very Happy Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer, specifically, TED's, stella, coopers, becks etc etc

Jagermeister is your friend late at night.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XO, VSOP, scotch.
In that order of preference.
And drunk straight.

Anything below 40% alcohol is a girl's drink. Although I do like a nice full-bodied shiraz with a fine steak.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer - But I have too many favourites Smile
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Sat, 01 January 2005 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont usually drink (if i do, its once/twice a YEAR), all tastes like shit/piss to me.

only drink i can stand to consume would be Stella Artois...

i just got my P's, so being the designated driver is a pleasure for me Very Happy

P.S if anyone needs a designated nanny once i get my own car Wink no worries here Razz free of charge, ill take any reason to drive, i love it
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Sun, 02 January 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 00:51

XO, VSOP, scotch.
And drunk straight.

Anything below 40% alcohol is a girl's drink. Although I do like a nice full-bodied shiraz with a fine steak.

VB is less than 40%...shit i don't think VB is a chicks drink, unless there bush pigs. (sorry if ur a chick and like VB but not a bush pig).
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Sun, 02 January 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
southern comfort & coke Very Happy
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Mon, 03 January 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 03:37

i just got my P's, so being the designated driver is a pleasure for me Very Happy

P.S if anyone needs a designated nanny once i get my own car Wink no worries here Razz free of charge, ill take any reason to drive, i love it

LOL, il give u about a month before u start telling people to get f##ked when they keep asking for free lifts lol...

i was the same when i first got my P's feel free to drive me around buddy i love the drink

nothing goes down better than jimmy and coke/JD and coke
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Whats your poison? Mon, 03 January 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Beam, Southern Comfort or beer. i'll drink most beers although some only when i'm in the mood.

lately been finding it hard to drink beer Confused looks like i'll have to go back to just spirits which will hurt the back pocket
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Mon, 03 January 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Ratsack & lemonade.

seeyuzz
river
Eight_Six
Regular

April 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Mon, 03 January 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't call me El Toro for no reason. Very Happy

IF IT AIN"T TEQUILA IT BETTER HAVE SOME IN IT!!!!!

I've had Beer and Tequila...
Wine Cooler and Tequila... and Drum Roll...
Nutri Grain and Tequila!!! Confused I don't advise the last one!
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Tue, 04 January 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 15:40

EldarO wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 03:37

LOL, il give u about a month before u start telling people to get f##ked when they keep asking for free lifts lol...

i was the same when i first got my P's feel free to drive me around buddy i love the drink

nothing goes down better than jimmy and coke/JD and coke

happens to just about anyone i guess

johnnie walker black label

kilkenny and calrsberg for beers
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Whats your poison? Tue, 04 January 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eight_Six wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 23:14

They don't call me El Toro for no reason. Very Happy

IF IT AIN"T TEQUILA IT BETTER HAVE SOME IN IT!!!!!

Wine Cooler and Tequila... and Drum Roll...
Nutri Grain and Tequila!!! Confused I don't advise the last one!

RESPECT Very Happy

Whiskeys and Hard liquers go down well Evil or Very Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats your poison? Tue, 04 January 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eight_Six wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 20:14

Depending on the beer, that isn't too bad Razz
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Tue, 04 January 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Cool1. Don't know if you have heard the terrible news but Bundy Black is no longer on the market. It has been replaced with Bundaberg Distillers Number Three. The reason apparently is that Bundy Black wasn't cost effective as eight batches had to sit around for eight years. The bean counters said it wasn't economical and therefore discontinued its production. As you have probably guessed my favourite drop is Bundy Black and Coke. Just before christmas I got lucky and found a hidden stash of only a few bottles at an out of the way bottle shop and ended up cleaning them out. A few for me and a few for a couple of mates. Mine are getting sealed up and only getting opened for special occasions (apart from one Razz ). Don't mind the occasional drop of CC and Dry either.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 12:17]

joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Whats your poison? Tue, 04 January 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

XO, VSOP, scotch.
And drunk straight..

viet weddings are the best Surprised
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Whats your poison? Tue, 04 January 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 09:37

XO, VSOP, scotch.
And drunk straight..

viet weddings are the best Surprised

haha Yup! Smile
I started drinking that stuff at weddings at a young age (too young to mention here... hehe), so I can hammer through almost an entire bottle of that shit now and hardly feel it.

But give me one bottle of beer and I'll be asleep in no time... Laughing

It's funny how your body adapts like that.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats your poison? Tue, 04 January 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Red wines $20-40 range:

Penfolds 389 (IMHO, their best wine - forget the RWT/Grange hype), Redman Shiraz (just tried the 2002 - highly recommended), Bullers Calliope (1996 - absolutely over the top, fat, chunky shiraz - pretty hard to get nowadays), Zema Estate Cluny (big Coonawarra red).

White wine is for mixing in peach coolers.

As for beer, try a Guinness with a Drambuie depth charge.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 23:30]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Whats your poison? Tue, 04 January 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can agree on the 389. Haven't heard of the others though.

Peter Lehmann makes some of my favorite shirazes too. His Eight Songs is a great drop!

But really, you can hardly go wrong if you choose a Barossa shiraz. 99.9% of them are great.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Whats your poison? Wed, 05 January 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgie wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 23:15

Don't mind the occasional drop of CC and Dry either.

CC and lemonade is something my mates are pretty keen on, had it before and it was pretty damn nice. reason he always drinks it is because his dad is frequently out of the country and brings back 1L bottles Very Happy
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Wed, 05 January 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm beer has to be a carlton product, draught or if in mood for lights then sterlings or premium don't mind the empire.

still love my spirits, especially wild turkey neat as a pin from a shot glass.....

liquour spirits the typical chicks drink kahlua and coke or milk, or tia maria neat from a shot glass or two.
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Whats your poison? Wed, 05 January 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love a Coopers Pale Ale at just about any time of the day!

And a Wild Turkey and Dry for dessert! Too good to gobble; must savour the taste. Very Happy
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Wed, 05 January 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carlton draft out of the tap,VB in a bottle, Wild Turkey Rare breed if its a special occasion and any really full bodied Red with a nice meal will do me! Ive actually just relaxed on the alcohol for a while as after 2 years living 300 metres from the 24hr bottle shop on Chapell St,it is time to give the liver a chance to rebuild Very Happy
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Whats your poison? Wed, 05 January 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS Cowboys
Woodstock and Cola
and anything with vodka (except lemonade, I got really sick on it)
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats your poison? Thu, 06 January 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 09:57

Red wines $20-40 range:

Penfolds 389 (IMHO, their best wine - forget the RWT/Grange hype), Redman Shiraz (just tried the 2002 - highly recommended), Bullers Calliope (1996 - absolutely over the top, fat, chunky shiraz - pretty hard to get nowadays), Zema Estate Cluny (big Coonawarra red).

White wine is for mixing in peach coolers.

As for beer, try a Guinness with a Drambuie depth charge.

Agree on the Bin 389 - very very nice. The Bin 407 Cab/Sav is good value as well. If you are a fan of barossa shiraz try the Rockfords Basket Press Shiraz (96 or 98) - very very nice but rarely available from bottle shops. The Hentschke Mt Edelstone Shiraz is a knockout as well but again getting expensive. Grant Burge Meshach and Shadrach... mmm best enjoyed when someone else is paying!
Hollicks in the Coonawarra make some very nice wines as well.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats your poison? Thu, 06 January 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big rap for Henschke - their Keyneton Estate is bloody good drinking. I haven't experienced the Hill of Grace or the Mount Edelstone yet Shocked - I'll wait till someone else pays!

If you're going to venture over $50 for a bottle (something I don't often do), then I also recommend d'Arenburg The Dead Arm - you can buy it at Safeway for 59.99 with a 10% discount if you buy half a dozen (the other 5 can be assorteds). Another big fat complex shiraz.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whats your poison? Thu, 06 January 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The benefits of working in R&D for a largish industrial company = lots of raw material supplier dinners! Smile My old boss was a real wine enthusiast so the reps were always trying to impress him by letting him pick from the wine list.

The dead arm from d'Arenburg you say..... I've got a mate who works for d'Arenburg, perhaps time to twist his arm!Wink

A really good drinking shiraz right now is the Bethany 2000 (or 2001) Shiraz. Not so big/complex but very smooth and nice.

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Whats your poison? Thu, 06 January 2005 07:44 Go to previous message
I will definitely try a few of those. Nod

For mid $20, d'Arenburg Laughing Magpie is pretty good too. And try and get a 1997 Dead Arm.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:non uni jobs?
Next Topic:My new toy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:29:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010684967041016 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.