Toymods » General Car Talk » Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Mon, 04 November 2002 10:41 Go to next message
In sydney who would have the best price for a 1J as my 6M has all but bit the dust and requires a pulldown to fix. I figure the 1J will be slightly more expensive, but is $1500 at SSS automotive about the best price for one?

What about for a half cut as i will require the ecu as well.

thanx guys
  Send a private message to this user    

Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Mon, 04 November 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't try this without a half cut.

Makes it so much easier, otherwise you will be chasing parts from arsehole to breakfast.

Also engines in a halfcut , you know why they were removed, usually because of an accident, NOT because of engine age or other problem.

Matt

SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Mon, 04 November 2002 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just recently i sent away for a quote. and they said $2500 for an auto 1/2 cut on a 1jz.

i've got a few jap importers on my web site have a look and send them all and e-mail asking for a quote. it's your best bet.

www.users.bigpond.com/jannilee
mr spears
Regular

May 2002
Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Mon, 04 November 2002 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aria japanese spares yennora 0414076442 i rang about a week ago and he said he had a MANUAL 1/2 cut for $2500. you cant beat that!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Mon, 04 November 2002 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
national truck spares - 95992300
SSS automotive - 98966111
toyshop importers (newcastle) - 49537277
jap performance - 96016715
jap world spares - 95575055
tokyo spares - 95589926
jap engines - 96007066
just jap - 97542666
just jap imports - 95450014
ICHIban - 96016139
nippon auto spares - 98311516
toyowreck - 97962200
jap wreck - 97252722
asian auto spares - 99386888
all toy spares - 97082644

numbers may not be current
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Mon, 04 November 2002 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what would u perfer in a turbo.. auto or manual.

auto's are quicker in gear changing
but manuals dont' slip the gears, but i find they don't rev out as hard.

what are your guys opinions.

but yeah. $2500 for a manual preety cheap. i think i was quoted $3500
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Mon, 04 November 2002 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supraboy, wheres this jza70 cut u can get for $2500?

Is aria jap spares any good? like do they have good things?
zorro
Regular

May 2002
Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Tue, 05 November 2002 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remember that the only 1JZ engine that will fit into a MK2 Supra is the Chaser engine - front sump, so forget about the JZA70/Soarer engines they will never fit!! Be prepared to spend up BIG!!!!!!!! Shocked
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Tue, 05 November 2002 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a mate who recently bought a 1JZTE ??[dont know if thats right code] but its the 2500lt twin turbo..
and he wants to put it into his RA23.

hes already got a w57 box.. and i think he just bought a microtec ecu

and he seems to think that its goin to be a piss easy job. i tried telling him that its not too easy but he seems to have other ideas

he didnt get the motor in a half cut...

so both his motor and computer are on the floor in his garage and the gear box is in the car

wat is he going to have to do/buy to get this thing in?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Tue, 05 November 2002 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so ive been thinking and with some input from zorro ive determined that the cost of the 1J may blow out quite large.

So what about a manual 2JZGE halfcut? (were they all front sump?)

Then i will have to:

- Fabricate a new crossmember
- New engine mounts (80 series landcrusier thanx norbie)
- Exhaust welded up temp job before i find some extractors
- Radiator swap?
- Loom and ECU swap (duh!)
- Intake plumbing

any other suggestions on what needs to happen?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

2JZGE Tue, 05 November 2002 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, not all. I have 4 engines - 2 of my 2JZ's have a rear mid sump (Supra/Soarer), one is a VVTi front sump (NFI what it came from) and another is a true mid sump (again NFI).
Front cut 2JZGEs seem to be hard to find for some reason. As Zorro said, don't do this sort of thing without a front cut unless you are planning on a lot of custom stuff!

Engine swaps generally aren't cheap - what initially looks like a budget conversion can rapidly blow out. If you want it to happen quickly and efficiently, research it really heavily, buy the correct bits for starters, do as much as you can yourself and budget for a 50% more than you had originally intended.

With reference to the specifics re 2JZGE swap:
As for the Xmember, "Dabbid" has a kit available for fitting a JZ series engine into an MA61 - no cutting or chopping required. PM him - he's in Sydney.
For extractors potentially you could use the VVTi headers and modify them - 1.75" primaries with 2.25" (OD) seconadries. Otherwise import from US (600USD for shitty press bend ones - no thanks) or custom. Personally there's nothing wrong with the cast exhaust manifolds on the 2JZ - just make an exhaust off those. I'd have used those except for the fact they foul on the steering box - MA61 has R&P so no probs.
All the rest is pretty elementary.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 November 2002 23:44]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Wed, 06 November 2002 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ma61 has R&P ?
mine doesn't
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Wed, 06 November 2002 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm was just thinking..

Does the 2JZGE crossover intake manifold foul the bonnent on a MA61 Supra when installed?

ALl the 1JZGTE installs look very tight indeed.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Best place to buy Import motor -1JZGTE Thu, 07 November 2002 01:34 Go to previous message
What the hell do you mean your MA61 doesn't have R&P??? What does it have then...and why did someone go to the trouble of changing it? Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corolla GT Turbo
Next Topic:JB Weld ???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 01:17:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043938159942627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.