Toymods » General Car Talk » Enimen Edition Commodore

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 17:43

I can't beleive it. Your all sitting here bagging out VL's when you all drive toyota's...which is actually rice. Yeah theres some nice ones on here but there all original and worthy of their praise,unlike the rest with awesome mags and pod filters Neutral. Yes the VL did come with a piece of shit jap crap motor that wouldn't last you long, but they make good project cars with alot of potential. I hardly consider a 351 with a 6/71 supercharger rice, which is what my VL will be the home of. There are some really decent VL's out there that aren't just show and no go. You make it out as if every one is. And why does driving an Australian bred car make me a bogan? Not every one who drives a VL is a wog.

Um.....Just to ask........Why are you putting a FORD engine into a VL???? Not only are you against the RB30 VL engine but you will be pissing off both Ford and Holden fans too. I like fords, but you can get much more reliable power from a well built RB30det than you can from a 351 supercharged engine. Think you have a few wires crossed buddy Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 01:30]

Send a private message to this user    
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who the fuck sais it was a ford engine? It could be a windsor or a Merlin 351, don't say shit if you have no idea what your talking about.
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neutral

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 02:24]

davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geezuz fucking christ, who said i don't like toyota's? And the only commodores i like are up to the VL. I agree the newer commodores done up are worthless. I do not support holden. I just think it's wrong for you to be saying that every VL is a wog box piece of shit . because not every one is. You all just have a biast opinion which is only correct to you. So stop forcing your opinion on other people and broadcasting it over the forums because some people do not agree.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually like VL's most out of all the commodores. Who wouldn't? The only commodore to come out turbo so far AFAIK. Me not being a commodore nut remember.

N/A vl's suck the big one and are on my list of worst sounding cars ever.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 13:32

I actually like VL's most out of all the commodores. Who wouldn't? The only commodore to come out turbo so far AFAIK. Me not being a commodore nut remember.

I agree but I also like the VN.
Id love to see one of these (or a Lexcen Very Happy ) packing a JZ series motor.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 19:13

when you all drive toyota's...which is actually rice.

davedrifts wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 13:23

So stop forcing your opinion on other people and broadcasting it over the forums because some people do not agree.

Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh and? Japanese cars are rice. Not bad rice but rice all the same. And at least i don't go around making threads about it.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hardly see how just because a car is japanese it is rice. Majority of honda's from the factory are the blandest cars built, very plain not exactly rice. Rice is something added to a car generally aftermarket in attempt to make it out to be something it ain't. If you don't like jap cars what the fuck are you doing on a toyota forum.
That and the fact you have been whoring on the forums rambling on about pointless crap.

Also the vl turbo does weigh 1180kg as I knoiw someone who own s one and that is also the weight listed in motor magazine, this is a dry wieght. So by the time you stick some fuel whatever your carry and your barge arse in it might weigh 1400kg. But remember the Vl is physically not a big car, its quite narrow, not as long as currnet commodore, has shitloads let electrics, safety features, and a new V6 only weighs just under 1600kg.
The Vn weighed in at around 1400kg though.
I am a holden man but due to some weird circumstances my first car eneded up being a toyota, about that time our whole family pretty much converted to toyota, we now have 4 ou tof 5 cars as toyotas. In owning one I have learnt much about them and have come to like toyotas. They are a good honest car that are built to last, unlike commodores and falcon's, whcih brake down far more often.
In the time I've had the rona it has never broken down, thats almost two years now and for a car that has over 400k km on the clock thats pretty good. I no mates that have commodore and for no apparent reason some mornings they just refuse to fire, these cars appear to be in better condition in terms of km and are 5-10 years newer than the rona.
If it's one thing the japs and toyota australia know how to do is build a car to last
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://thrashcar.com/articles/data/116/DCP_0007.JPG
Nissan commodore GTR

i dont mind most cars, even if its riced to the max, but when its something like a TRD Civic then thats just wrong Confused
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the origin of the "rice" was a term used by traditional american motorbike enthusiasts to describe any motorbike from Japan, in the 1970's; ie. "rice-rockets".
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 01:39

Commodores suck the big one. I hate the way they look, I hate they way they sound, I hate the way wannabe Paul Walkers drive them. They are a family car and nothing else. You can almost guarantee that if a commodore has an exhaust on it it's driven by a retard.

davdrifts you are lost, giving toyotas shit on Toymods? I say everyone on toymods finds a commodore forum, sings up and starts a thread ripping on commodores. Then litter the forum with stupid little quips stating how "totally gay" those "bogan mobiles" are.

You stupid douche.

fuck me dead that would be the biggest shit stir EVER!!! Laughing I'm in for that! Razz just imagine the replies we'd get! we'd get kicked out but it would be worth it Laughing Thats what I can not understand about the Commodore, it is nothing but a family car and yet you get dickheads who drive them if there a McLaren F1 or something?

Wasn't the Holden originally the car based on other GM-H cars but designed for Australian conditions? not for racing every thing on the road? I personally think this image the Commodore has is nothing like in the days of the FX (48-215) Holden up to the WB Holden, Toranas, well you get the point, these where cars designed for Australia and lived to there names. The new Monaro is just a badge. It's not a Monaro, it's a Commodore Coupe. The Monaro has been long gone and will never come back. So leave the Monaro with it dignity
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only sledging of Jap cars in aus is jap crap, hmmm somone is a smart one, calling them rice is just racist and pointless, it has little meaning at all, especailly when they don't come from the factory with the modern day equivalent of rice.
If we wanna be bitchy any fpv or hsv has rice on them because they are kitted. But these kits serve a function they actually produce meaniful downforce but thats not needed as at 110km/ph it means shit all, so thus the kit has no function other than looks thus FPV's and HSV's are rice bahaha.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 16:02

I hardly see how just because a car is japanese it is rice. Majority of honda's from the factory are the blandest cars built, very plain not exactly rice. Rice is something added to a car generally aftermarket in attempt to make it out to be something it ain't. If you don't like jap cars what the fuck are you doing on a toyota forum.
That and the fact you have been whoring on the forums rambling on about pointless crap.

Also the vl turbo does weigh 1180kg as I knoiw someone who own s one and that is also the weight listed in motor magazine, this is a dry wieght. So by the time you stick some fuel whatever your carry and your barge arse in it might weigh 1400kg. But remember the Vl is physically not a big car, its quite narrow, not as long as currnet commodore, has shitloads let electrics, safety features, and a new V6 only weighs just under 1600kg.
The Vn weighed in at around 1400kg though.
I am a holden man but due to some weird circumstances my first car eneded up being a toyota, about that time our whole family pretty much converted to toyota, we now have 4 ou tof 5 cars as toyotas. In owning one I have learnt much about them and have come to like toyotas. They are a good honest car that are built to last, unlike commodores and falcon's, whcih brake down far more often.
In the time I've had the rona it has never broken down, thats almost two years now and for a car that has over 400k km on the clock thats pretty good. I no mates that have commodore and for no apparent reason some mornings they just refuse to fire, these cars appear to be in better condition in terms of km and are 5-10 years newer than the rona.
If it's one thing the japs and toyota australia know how to do is build a car to last

Have to agree with reliabilty of toyotas I know of 2 Examples of motors. Corona's would make 3 (if I knew him). that still run fine after 400,000km . 2 Camrys with more then 400,000km on the clock still running fine. the japs do know how too make a car
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best Ive seen is a Matiz with an AMG badge on it! Old bloke and his woman cruisin the Harbour Bridge Laughing
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 13:32

What!? VN's are THE worst sounding car ever!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd have to say that ford sixes sound worse than the commdore v6, they just roar, in a really annoying sound like a deep vacuum cleaner, the commodore v6 is pretty bad though.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finally something me and mick agree on lol Laughing
My car ain;t jap though it's aussie built and so is our camry, although it hasn't been quite as ggod as the rona.
In the two years we have owned it the front wheel bearing have gone and the antenna had to be replaced cos it stopped going up. But its all under warranty so thats didn't cost us a cent.
The toyota dealer was quite glad to tell us that the wheel bearing needed to be replaced but weren't quite so happy when we informed them the car was still under warranty so they would have to fix it at there own expense lol. Money grabbing bastards. Thats the only thing I don't like about toyota's is the dealers, our local one is usually quite expensive and also servicing costs are fairly high, nowehere near as bad as parramatta nissan though 300 bucks for a basic service pricks.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 16:28

The only sledging of Jap cars in aus is jap crap, hmmm somone is a smart one, calling them rice is just racist and pointless, it has little meaning at all, especailly when they don't come from the factory with the modern day equivalent of rice.
If we wanna be bitchy any fpv or hsv has rice on them because they are kitted. But these kits serve a function they actually produce meaniful downforce but thats not needed as at 110km/ph it means shit all, so thus the kit has no function other than looks thus FPV's and HSV's are rice bahaha.

Laughing well said. rice is actually fake perfomance or as someone else has pointed out was the name given too alot of Honda bikes over in America years ago. when Hondas started too make there way over to America the were not like by alot of Americans so they were branded "rice" as where they came from. people reffer to some jap cars being "rice" because of the shit that gets put on some of them. ie ricer. fake performance, not because it is standard or has a set of mags and the manufacture is in japan. Corona RT142. has your Corona ever been called rice? my Camry never has been called rice. Sadly enough thou rice is becoming more common on Holdens and Fords. It is really nothing more but fake performance
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 16:43

finally something me and mick agree on lol Laughing
My car ain;t jap though it's aussie built and so is our camry, although it hasn't been quite as ggod as the rona.
In the two years we have owned it the front wheel bearing have gone and the antenna had to be replaced cos it stopped going up. But its all under warranty so thats didn't cost us a cent.
The toyota dealer was quite glad to tell us that the wheel bearing needed to be replaced but weren't quite so happy when we informed them the car was still under warranty so they would have to fix it at there own expense lol. Money grabbing bastards. Thats the only thing I don't like about toyota's is the dealers, our local one is usually quite expensive and also servicing costs are fairly high, nowehere near as bad as parramatta nissan though 300 bucks for a basic service pricks.

lol yeah there like that Toyota. up here they tryed to get me to put my car in for a service after I brought a bottle of motor oil and a filter.(why bother?) I told them I could easily do it myself. thou he didn't seem happy my Camry is an aus built car too
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
considering the springs I put in actually rose the height of the car cos the oe had sagged so much I doubt it. Although it does have a lip black spoiler and a corona extra sticker shiny too (used to have two but one went bye bye after respraying after slight damage), my rear springs are silver fronts bright aqau, so if someone saw them that could be rice.
My car is a bogan car as much as a commodore it sits on stocker with dress covers removed cos it looks better without them, so I say no rice calling for the rona, and davedrifts can't even call it rice cos it was built in aus
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they charge an arm and a leg just to refill a washer bottle in my brothers echo i think like 20 bucks when it's not even down
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 16:37

I'd have to say that ford sixes sound worse than the commdore v6, they just roar, in a really annoying sound like a deep vacuum cleaner, the commodore v6 is pretty bad though.

I like the 351 clevlands note. thats a tough sounding V8 the only Holden 6 I like the note of was the 202. my sounded sweet, had a set of extactors on it thou it was never over the top thou
Gr33nM0nk3y
Regular

September 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 13:15

Who the fuck sais it was a ford engine? It could be a windsor or a Merlin 351, don't say shit if you have no idea what your talking about.

mind me if im wrong, but isnt a windsor a ford motor?

-bc

ps: i have a ford and a toyota, i could drive my ke70 around, matt black, dumped with 15 inch ssr's, loud as and no one would come and try and drag me (which is good, cause all i had was a 4k haha). The fords exhaust rusted off one day (go ford) so i had it replaced with a 2.5inch mandrel cat back job for 200ish which was around the same as a standard one inc muffler as they are mass produced kit thing blah blah blah.. 1st day its on the road every time a commodore pulls up next to me they give it a rev and try and run me from the lights.. whats the point racing a ford vs a holden, its like the special olympics, no matter if you win or loose your still a retard..

and i know you didnt say anything about holden vs ford traffic drags, im just pointing out the mentality of most commodore drivers minus one or two (yes i have mates who drive c`dores)

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 06:08]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the 351 was the Cleveland not windsor, maybe both. And yes they are both ford motors. As far as I knew the windosr was a 302, aparts from in its last outing in the tickfords, when it was a 5.6L which is only 341 cubes.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 06:16]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 17:13

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the 351 was the Cleveland not windsor, maybe both. And yes they are both ford motors. As far as I knew the windosr was a 302, aparts from in its last outing in the tickfords, when it was a 5.6L which is only 341 cubes.

I'm pretty sure they are both.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the ford 4L range of engines sound like giant fans!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed a good description is a really shit house noise but very hard to describe.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the commo 6's sound like fans aswell
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err sort of but they wine a bit more, but that could be the diff lol Laughing Laughing Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 17:31

i think the commo 6's sound like fans aswell

defently. especally the VN Lexcen I drove. I thought I was driving a taxi it was that bad
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 17:32

err sort of but they wine a bit more, but that could be the diff lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

typical Commodore Laughing
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
australians are shit at making cars
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol..

i think vl turbos are pretty mad cars, they do have a
3l turbo 6 motor (yeah nissan.)

i think they weigh more than 1180 tho, seriously...

rice... nothing to do with japanese cars actually,

a big misconception, its the adventures of rice boy and
his dog looking at riced up cars, a car cannot be rice
from factory, it has to be made rice by adding
performance stickers, a milo tin, neons, wheel trims, a big wing etc

it applies to all cars big and small. it looks fast but its
stock as a rock = rice.

i think people call ricers in commodores bogans, that seems
to be the idea i get anyway...

--------------------------------
have you eaten your rice today?
--------------------------------

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 07:29]

R-Lo
Regular

April 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant wait for Toyota to enter V8 Supercars, from what has been spoken on this thread alone, there is gonna be some major biffo's....

TOYOTA V8's RULE! Evil or Very Mad
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After toyota and (i think mitsubishi) enter the V8's it is going to be banned to just australia V8's cause the Austrlian V8's will just get eaten, just like when all the sierra's etc where banned cause commodores resemble boats.. BTW
the new commodores come out with knots on the speedo's instead of KP/H
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UNder the current legislation the cars have to run the same basic engine, remeber neither frod nor holden actually produce a 5.ol V8 anymore and ford don't even produce an engine with pushrods
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even if toyota did make a better v8 for the supertaxi races it would get paritied back anyway. I see no point in Toyota joining the supertaxis at all. Let the ford vs holden thing go on. It isn't like those cars are anything like normal cars anyway.

Production car racing is where it's at!
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 19:20

.... BTW

Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R-Lo wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 18:55

I cant wait for Toyota to enter V8 Supercars, from what has been spoken on this thread alone, there is gonna be some major biffo's....

TOYOTA V8's RULE! Evil or Very Mad

I myself would love for Toyota to enter a rear wheel drive V8 Camry to compete with the V8 shitboxes!! Razz just to watch a car with fuck all sports image flog these things would be not only hulliarous but great !!! Laughing Evil or Very Mad Razz (then it would really be battle of the taxis!! Evil or Very Mad (one can only dream)

It doesn't matter what sort of V8 Toyota would enter (we now it would kick the taxis arses, but they'll get banned from competing, too fast for the Locals)

V8 supercars is crap if you ask me. Answer me this. If the Holden vs Ford thing is so good well why not have more manufactures?? hell I'd watch Toyota flog every one all day Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would toyota bother, there are the number 1 brand in this country. They might not lead the famliy sedan market, however they are still unrivalled for their 4wd reputation and also commercial vehicles. I supose toyota could put a 5l v8 with live rear axle on a camry body, but i don't think it would do any good for the supercars, or toyota. Let the bogans have their fun.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just reckon it would be funny if it won all the time. but you do have a point. Toyota's making alot of money from it's 4WD and commerical vehicals. you only have too look around too see that.why should they care about the V8 Supercars.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
land cruiser's and klugers and RAV4's are very gay... don't get me wrong but the only time u see a person driving these are those stupid fuckwits mums that need to drop there gay toffee noise little cunts of kids off at Le-Cross, Hockey, Tennis, Soccer of Chess tournements. I bet the only lake or river that those SUV's would see is the puddles in the pot holes and the steams running down the gutters.

But back onto the topic.. I se your point in having a Camry because its classed the same as a family sedan, But y not go for something with a bit more bite like a Soarer with the 1UZ they are very similar is size except that it's coupe! or for a 4 door an IS200/Altezza with a 1UZ or a 5L!!! or even an MA61!!!! just joking!!

Mind u if a toyota went up against an Eminem edition commodore it would lose, they are just to Pimpin' Gangzter for our rice cars!!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 21:42

land cruiser's and klugers and RAV4's are very gay... don't get me wrong but the only time u see a person driving these are those stupid fuckwits mums that need to drop there gay toffee noise little cunts of kids off at Le-Cross, Hockey, Tennis, Soccer of Chess tournements. I bet the only lake or river that those SUV's would see is the puddles in the pot holes and the steams running down the gutters.

But back onto the topic.. I se your point in having a Camry because its classed the same as a family sedan, But y not go for something with a bit more bite like a Soarer with the 1UZ they are very similar is size except that it's coupe! or for a 4 door an IS200/Altezza with a 1UZ or a 5L!!! or even an MA61!!!! just joking!!

Mind u if a toyota went up against an Eminem edition commodore it would lose, they are just to Pimpin' Gangzter for our rice cars!!

yea bloody mums and their nismo rav4's

and arnt those camry v6's fwd?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 22:19

TRD_Supra wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 21:42

yea bloody mums and their nismo rav4's

and arnt those camry v6's fwd?

yeah there front wheel drive. but I think they should make and race a V8 rear wheel drive Camry against the V8 supercars. it would be so funny if it won all the time!! but as for the Soarer thing we all know the Falcodores wouldn't stand a chance against that
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat about supercharged v8 quad cam fwd Confused
if that thing wins Laughing i would laugh my head frankly
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they have to run a 5L pushrod v8. I don't think toyota has made one of these for quite a while. Now why is that? Rolling Eyes
monkey
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Tue, 04 January 2005 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEWS FLASH: COMYOTA limited Edition TSV Smile
Toyota Lexen VR! big fat Toyota badge on a commodore.
enuff said lol

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 18:26]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think a soarer is around the same size as a commo or falc. and i would have a capacity disadvantage being 1L smaller... All the bogans would then think that was great, little would they know we got 4 OHC cam's in stead of a log with twigs to open the valves. And it's a standard toyota production car so i don't c how it is not legit apart from the fact that it is coupe. Well if they are after a pushrod motor, why not just get a 4K and bore and stroke it to a 308
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
308 is more than 5.0l thats why the Vl and Vn motors went down to 304 just beign picky
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 16:20

After toyota and (i think mitsubishi) enter the V8's it is going to be banned to just australia V8's cause the Austrlian V8's will just get eaten, just like when all the sierra's etc where banned cause commodores resemble boats.. BTW

the sierra's were just the beginning..

it was the R32 GTR's at bathurst in 90 and 91 that got CAMS boiling.. you remember back when richards and skaife won it and your crowd of ford and holden bogans were yellin out insults and richards called them a pack of arseholes over the mike? (and skaife called them boofheads.. what a fag, who uses the word "boofhead"??)

golden moments in aussie racing history..
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u get it on DVD or old skool VHS i would like to watch it!!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure places like showbits or granny mays or something like that stock them.. that nostalgia crap that they normally have.. i remember one place in chadstone in melbourne that had all those like, old videos of grand finals, bathurst races, calendars.. etc..etc.. heck i think you can even get that kind of stuff at Target.. (i know you can get old cricket dvd's and stuff from there)

alternatively -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=2308&item=6354473845&rd=1
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the history of Bathurst + some shit from philip island pre bathurst enduros going up to 2002 I think, and it has the pack of arseholes speech, although skaife doesn't say anything. The sierras weren't that great there greatest feat was bathurst 1-2 with the texaco team, but they were disqualified because they were using illegal octane fuel thus giving brock the win. GTR killed the early nineties, as they had un-parralled power handling combo, Cams repeatedly added weight restricted power. The early GTR's pumped 440+ kw same as the current V8's, the were cut down to 350kw and they still owned the series.
The reason for the uproar with the pack of arseholes speech, was because they had actaully crashed out in the terential rain whilst crawling down out of foster's on to conrod, Jimmy aqua plain hit another car and there race was over. However the race was called off cos the officials though tif the skylines couldn't stay on the track it was game over. The end lap was called previous to the Jim richards incidence and thus they were still victors. Thus the crowd was majorly pissed as some holedn or ford nogan was still tottling round and they thought they should win.
This happened again a couple of years ago at the queensland 500, Johnson and that crashed out in the rain ad Ingall still racing for castrol was ahead of them but the race was backdated to befor the crash and Johnson got the win.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my pack from k-mart for like 100 bucks for six videos two years ago, the dvd pack was the same price but was sold out
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the texaco sierras had something to do with illegal wheel arches as well which aided their disqualification if my memory serves me well..

oh and skaife didnt say it at bathurst, he said it to some reporters later that day (unfortunately not on video Sad)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The texaco disqualification was due to an illegal octane rating in there fuel, I remember from watching the vids. Man was tha a couple days of motor racing feasting.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I wanna know is why Holden didn't run Vl turboes at Bathurst they would have killed it and had lower weight than the V8's, probably cos they didn't want to kill off V8's
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while you all bitch about other models

just want to mention that i have seen and worked on some wanky cars

sorry to say some are even toyotas with massive trd stickers that would give the lion sticker a good run for their money

just remember these days more cars are all show and no go

all the way from holdens to toyotas

i cant say anything about those cars becuase they pay my bills

but my opinion of wanky might be different to others

its just i dont tell the customers Smile

amnother thing is as u get older and the more wanky cars u work on it just gets worse by the time im 40 most cars will be wanky and u will wonder why they did it

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2005 03:41]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Enimen Edition Commodore Wed, 05 January 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Skaney wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 14:58

I dont know if I want to wait for the release of the Eminem VL or just settle for a "Playboy Lancer"

But most of the chicks in the Playboy lancer are hot thus is socialy right, lol!!!

and don't forget with the eminem VL commodore deal that it comes with a 14 year old that don't got hair in the places yet doens't need to shave her legs and in a short skirt!

Nezza Cool
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ricer? Is it.
Next Topic:2 engines & trannys (Escudo) how did they sync them?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:31:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079689025878906 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.