Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Tue, 04 January 2005 14:41 Go to next message
http://www.coatesengine.com/csrv.html

Don't be shy, spend your cash, and let me know how these puppies go?!
  Send a private message to this user    
granmra40
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Tue, 04 January 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont really want to be a guinea pig as I would probably have to sell my body to science to pay for them Laughing

Couldn't see any thing about types available or pricing. Mind you only had quick browse.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Tue, 04 January 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
granmra40 wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 02:38

Couldn't see any thing about types available or pricing. Mind you only had quick browse.

Had a look through their site some time back.. From what I recall, they'd be very, VERY expensive.. Sad
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Tue, 04 January 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks pretty cool Smile

Quote:

Every major automobile manufacturer, worldwide,
will recognize and apply this technology.

Big claim...some one is gonna be fucking rich!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm very interesting.. If i had the money id love to trial it... id imagine itd be so easy to get increased flow rate by simply doing a rotary style porting job Smile wonder if F1 will take up the design at all?

EDIT: just read where it said its an option to have no valve cover.... wouldnt want to get a pinky caught in one of those suckers!!

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2005 06:00]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw this a while back, aparantly it allows redlines to be doubled because theres less stress on the head.

20,000 rpm 4age anyone?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 16:05

20,000 rpm 4age anyone?

BEAMS 3SGE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imagine porr mr piggy with his defect book trying to figure out whaqts going on Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 17:05

i saw this a while back, aparantly it allows redlines to be doubled because theres less stress on the head.

20,000 rpm 4age anyone?

If that worked, on a 4Cylinder, yes you could hit 20 000RPM probably (Well 15 000RPM most likely)
It's not the stress on the head that cause low red lines, it's all in how much can be moved in and out at a given time, and how much "load" there is (Resistance)

There was a huge article posted in here a while ago, I might have it bookmarked... I'll see...

Nope, sorry I dont... Might try and track it though... Was an excellent read on why Smaller 4 cylinder engines with DOHC rev harder then a pushrod V8...
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats from bill sherwoods site, i've read it too
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very interesting.
will be good if they can reduce manufacture costs by mass production.

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but what would happen to the water jackets that lead to the head? would they just be covered?

also the water goes in one side of the head and out the other, so if there is no water jackets in the head how would the water rotate through the block? i mean wouldnt it just hit the head and then have no where to go???

and with the cam gears, they would still require the drive chain to make them turn and that needs to be oiled so what would happen there?

i know you guys might not have the answers but they are questions that immedietly pop in my mind when i went through it

just finally would that mean that there would be a completely new head? ie, they cant use the old head but have to manufacture a complete one for you?

EDIT: oh yeah where are the head bolts/studs???? Confused

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2005 12:22]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to see the habbibs try and bridge port that sucker...

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be hektic no?
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the crappy dumb ass rules in F1 surely such innovation would no longe be allowed?

However if we got rid of all the regulations then perhaps an innovation like this could help one of the teams take on (and beat) Ferrari.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Wed, 05 January 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wheres the video of it running?

And the dyno video aswell!
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Thu, 06 January 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting.Maybe they have finally got it to work when lancia gave up on it years ago.
Just goes to show that everything gets another go eventually.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Who Wants to be the Guinea Pig?!!! Thu, 06 January 2005 17:47 Go to previous message
Quote:

Nope, sorry I dont... Might try and track it though... Was an excellent read on why Smaller 4 cylinder engines with DOHC rev harder then a pushrod V8...

Quote:

yeah thats from bill sherwoods site, i've read it too

http://www.billzilla.org/2v4v.htm
Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:dont feel the power
Next Topic:Option Videos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 20:58:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093190670013428 seconds