Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 01:41 Go to next message
soon the 1JZ will be in and i wanted to know at mods people have done to there JZA61 to spice them up a little, not mods that will cost an arm and a leg, but just small things that will give that little extra poke
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tech section!

twin dumps and hiperboost is the way to go Smile

and shift kit if you have an auto.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trying to stay "cheap"
A decent sized intercooler(the 600x300x76 ones from mercury are like 500 bucks and custom 3 inch piping costs about the same again)
Dump pipes
Hiperboost controller
3 inch, dump back exhaust system
and about 14-15 psi is safe

all those mods should be about 2500 all up guess

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2005 10:31]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes they all sound like mods i would been doing !!!! but i needto be inspired!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inspired how? just look up some of the 1j's on these forums with such modifications, they make enough power to scare off your 5m-e wearing pants
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 21:56

inspired how? just look up some of the 1j's on these forums with such modifications, they make enough power to scare off your 5m-e wearing pants

Laughing

agreed Smile
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1Js are full of potential. I made just under 190 rwkw , with a dump back exhaust , intercooler and apexi avcr running 1.0 bar. You could spend a further $1200 on some 2J injectors safc 2 and fuel pump , and get yourself over 200rwkw easy.

Those along with a cam upgrade are what I've got planned for then end of this month.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tyottsoarer wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 22:32

1Js are full of potential. I made just under 190 rwkw , with a dump back exhaust , intercooler and apexi avcr running 1.0 bar. You could spend a further $1200 on some 2J injectors safc 2 and fuel pump , and get yourself over 200rwkw easy.

Those along with a cam upgrade are what I've got planned for then end of this month.

I would do it without the 2j injectors first. As there is power to be had by leaning out not making it more rich than it is. The fuel pump should be good for a bit more power also. Get it on dyno to check A/F ratios.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is my dyno sheet..
was done with 2.5 inch pipe bent exhaust(so, not really efficient)
and 600x300x76 cooler with 3 inch mandrel piping
and a pod filter
no artificial boost raising(bar what the mods did)
run at 11 psi
http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/car/johal_dyno.jpg
I cant explain why my car runs leaner than most 1j's, it has a 600 hp pump.
but theres more power to be made there on the 14 psi it runs now(or did until it magically dissapeared)
and a proper exhaust system and dumps

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2005 12:36]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3rd gear?
your penis is definitly small
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 23:38

3rd gear?
your penis is definitly small

here we go again, 3rd gear is the proper gear to do a dyno run in shootout mode with my gear ratio's
same as it would be with yours
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just stirring dude - I still remember last time this came up Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 23:39

just stirring dude - I still remember last time this came up Smile

poof Razz
what sort of power/progress is ur car at now?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on this is not a fighting thread i just wnat to get some ideas for my 1JZ so i know wat i can do to up the power! Do JZZ30 come with a stock front mounted or wat ? as i am opting for a half cut
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 23:58

come on this is not a fighting thread i just wnat to get some ideas for my 1JZ so i know wat i can do to up the power! Do JZZ30 come with a stock front mounted or wat ? as i am opting for a half cut

they come with a stock side mount... its about as useful as your 5-me
and ur gonna have to pay for modifying the piping anyway to fit your car.. so just get a good one straight away is my advice
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ mods Thu, 06 January 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a pod filter on mine, it's really good! yippppeeee

Does this get you inspired?

I also took my clutch fan off cause it wouldnt fit in my car, this didnt cost much but the thermo I replaced it with cost $150 i dont know if this spiced it up but i think it looks better now. yippppeeee!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Fri, 07 January 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 10:47

I have a pod filter on mine, it's really good! yippppeeee

Does this get you inspired?

I also took my clutch fan off cause it wouldnt fit in my car, this didnt cost much but the thermo I replaced it with cost $150 i dont know if this spiced it up but i think it looks better now. yippppeeee!

if he's not, i surely am Razz hehe
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: 1JZ mods Sun, 09 January 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cause i am inspired every time i get out of my car i wish i could hear it running for a few more moments as the turbo timer kicks in.... and i would like to hear a PSSSSHHHH when i change gears.. How much do u guys recomend savinf before i start this. I have found an engine for $2800. Remeber i am a noob at engine swaps.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 1JZ mods Sun, 09 January 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
300rwhp+ is doable with the right mods.

some good dumps, bigger exhaust, fmic, pod or airbox mods, cold air
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: 1JZ mods Sun, 09 January 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am very noob at engine swaps, so i am hoping i have the skill to get it bolted onto the mounts and upto the g'box ?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Sun, 09 January 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont want an engine
you want a half-cut. and that shouldn't cost you more than about $2800.

And if you're "very noob at engine swaps" then you wont be able to do it. it's not the hardest swap (especially with the mounts able to be ordered straight from syd), but you *will* need to be mechanically savvy, and be at least half-decent at electronics to get the bastard wired up neatly/properly and have things working.
and you'll need a 2jz-ge w58, bellhousing, etc if you want to go manual and get ultimate bling from your vent to atmo blow-off valve

if all you want to do is bolt it up to the mounts, all this required is a bit of swearing, an engine crane, and preferably someone to maneuver the engine while you're trying to line the bolt holes up.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1JZ mods Sun, 09 January 2005 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Mon, 10 January 2005 01:29

cause i am inspired every time i get out of my car i wish i could hear it running for a few more moments as the turbo timer kicks in.... and i would like to hear a PSSSSHHHH when i change gears.. How much do u guys recomend savinf before i start this. I have found an engine for $2800. Remeber i am a noob at engine swaps.

if thats all u want.. maybe a turbo engine is not for you

half cuts are around 2500-2800 for auto now it seems and manual ones 3800-4k
the mounts as draven said can be bought from syd and make it a bolt in job for 250
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ mods Sun, 09 January 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I agree with johal. Just get a turbo timer for your n/a engine and a electronic bov and you are set Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ mods Mon, 10 January 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are actually serious about this, then as johally boy said, piss off the sidemount, i just got a Brand Spankers hybrid Copy intercooler which is 600x300x77 Wink for $380 with 3" inlet/outlet you cant beat that value Smile
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: 1JZ mods Mon, 10 January 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na i am more after the immense power from a 1JZ. And i want to accomplish something like this! There is a burning desire in me to accomplish something liek this. I just want to get the engine bolted in then i will send it to the auto electrian.. as previously stated, I think even as a noob i am quite capable of this and feel quite confident?? The motivation is there tho!! and i am in no desperate rush to get it done, so i will look into things lots! I need the w58 bellhousing as it means i can keep my original g'box which has just been reco'd and i want it manual!
I reckon i am quite capable and i will have a few mates helping me aswell. Even some mechanic's!!!
I reckon i will go for the half cut option and get a JZZ30 and try to pick up a front sump from a chaser
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: 1JZ mods Mon, 10 January 2005 01:34 Go to previous message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 10 January 2005 08:41

I agree with johal. Just get a turbo timer for your n/a engine and a electronic bov and you are set Rolling Eyes

I want the 1jz power!!! not look like some tool with an NA engine and a turbo timer!! It would make my car very unique in hobart espically!!! seeing as most of them here are VK's with 308's
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Someone here does custom fibreglassing / bodykits. Anyone know who?
Next Topic:What finish for IC pipes?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:46:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008126974105835 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.