Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Voices in head (ST165)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Voices in head (ST165) Thu, 06 January 2005 10:35 Go to next message

Which voice?[ 26 vote(s) ]
1.Little voice 20 / 77%
2.Big voice w/- crowbar 6 / 23%

As you can see I'm really having trouble with psychosis and I no longer trust myself to make a decision regarding my newly defunct ST165...so here's the brief version

The engine has blown up.

there's this little voice in my head saying
Little Voice said

Go the rebuild, make a great big f***-off motor while you've got it apart
Then there's this other big voice with a crowbar saying
Big f***ing voice with big f***ing crowbar said

You better shut up little voice or your going f***ing get it

And I'm slowly losing it... Confused

Send a private message to this user    
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Thu, 06 January 2005 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you've all ready put so much time and effort into the car

and it is quite a powerful car at that, may aswell rebuild.
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Thu, 06 January 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Little voice needs a gun or something Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Thu, 06 January 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but Stephen, of course you already know what everyone here is going to say.... Neutral
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Voices in head (ST165) Fri, 07 January 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe you aren't hearing the big voice properly.
The big voice is probably saying "You better shut up little voice or your going f***ing get it because we are going to buy a Gen 3 3SGTE to rebuild into one bad mofo engine!"
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Fri, 07 January 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but the big voice knows what he's talking about...whereas the little voice is inviting months and months of pain and frustration Confused
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Fri, 07 January 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poor Stephen
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Voices in head (ST165) Fri, 07 January 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say rebuilt, but if ya gonna do more... get a genIII GTE Very Happy

i once had a voice:

Little voice: Keep the whitelighning, you'll regret selling

Big Voice: SHUT THE **** UP, GET THE F**KING R31 and DRIVE YOUR DREAM CAR....

Little voice won... and im happy about my decision. Very Happy
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Fri, 07 January 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i constally got 2 voices

little voice says: go get a nice salad for lunch, you need it
big voice with oversided blowup bat says: don't listen to the little turd, go a big juicy burger. you need it

yea big voice wins most of time
Very Happy Razz
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Voices in head (ST165) Fri, 07 January 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 16:12

yea i constally got 2 voices

little voice says: go get a nice salad for lunch, you need it
big voice with oversided blowup bat says: don't listen to the little turd, go a big juicy burger. you need it

yea big voice wins most of time
Very Happy Razz

OH YEAH !!!!!

I was heading for a salad roll TODAY!! just 3 hrs ago..... but then the bif voice kept pointing me to mccers.... and guess what?

I went to maccers and bought Med big mac meal + 1 fillet o'fish

afterwards i was like (>_<) cause i felt the fat going onto my body

ROFL
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Fri, 07 January 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen,
see im not the only one saying get a monstor gen3 buil;t up and shoved under that bonnet of yours!Go the little voice, common, you know u want to!!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Fri, 07 January 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd rather someone else go to all the trouble though and buy myself a bike that is faster than a Gen3 GT4 anyway Smile
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Sat, 08 January 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 17:36

I'd rather someone else go to all the trouble though and buy myself a bike that is faster than a Gen3 GT4 anyway Smile

As in push-bike?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hehe - I was going to do a mild-warming over of my sillycar, then after being denied my THIRD different set of rims that I'd ordered (and payed for this time) I suddenly became enlightened - Just buy a car that's quick to begin with!

R33 GTS-T hunting for me !

[Edit edit edit edit edit edit edit edit edit edit edit edit edit edit]

Note to self : Don't post when I've just woken up!

I didn't mean to dis teh ST165 there FWDboy, I didn't really explain myself very well there:

What I mean is, I soon realised that no matter which way I skin the st184 cat, it'll never give as much performance as I want for a given tweak/mod/engine swap etc. etc. -that and I'm SO totally over FWD Very Happy

What I'm getting at, is perhaps you should look at cars that go as quick as you WANT the st165 to go. If you have the $$$$ available that is. I'm jumping into around $12k of debt myself Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 08 January 2005 12:10]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Sat, 08 January 2005 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ST165 is perfectly quick....it's just busted is all Smile

You and your RWD love - although I can't understand your boredom with FWD...just the other day I was having hell fun trail braking into corners and doing massif slides in my bro's fwd pile o' junk. Even power slides get boring after a while man, trust me!

But actually, when I think about it, a GTS-T skyline is a very nice car no matter which way you cut it, and anyone who says "it's not a GTR" is just a weiner.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Sat, 08 January 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 03:56

The ST165 is perfectly quick....it's just busted is all Smile

You and your RWD love - although I can't understand your boredom with FWD...just the other day I was having hell fun trail braking into corners and doing massif slides in my bro's fwd pile o' junk. Even power slides get boring after a while man, trust me!

But actually, when I think about it, a GTS-T skyline is a very nice car no matter which way you cut it, and anyone who says "it's not a GTR" is just a weiner.

Hehe Cool I don't show any signs of getting bored with trail-braking my way to pre-apex oversteer. Who could EVER get bored with that ! ! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm not TOTALLY about the oversteer, I'd just like to be able to keep tha slide going outta the corner now and again, y'know? I think we did the whole throttle-steer argument (to keep the nose trimmed-in, 95% of the time) to death in the FWDvRWD thread. You know what I'm shoot'n for, anyway.

I'm Looking for a clean, lowish km series2 that doesn't scream "Pull me over NOW, PIG ! ! !" -Gots'ta love ABS, 2xAirbags, 185kw (standard . . . ), 40 to 70 thousand km, RWD, and xenon headlights for just on/over $20k Very Happy

What let go in the poor liddle 3sGTe ?

Have you seen what JUN internals do for Revs and Horsepower? Evil or Very Mad - (with the right injectors, turbo, intercooler, head . . ) Rolling Eyes
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Sun, 09 January 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrm - ABS sucks - really you'll want to pull the fuse out if you ever want to drive hard.

For those who don't know, the #1 big-end went in the 3S-GTE...apparently it's a bit of an issue in these cars, compounded by the fact that my car was drinking buggerloads more oil than I thought it was and it got low (despite me topping it up every week).
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Mon, 10 January 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OUCH ! ! !

as for the ABS - you forget that I test drive cars for a living! ! !

I test-drove a couple of ABS-shod GTS-Ts this morning, and I can honestly say the only ABS brake pedal I've ever liked more is in the HSV GTS. Mind you, that's more to do do with the stopping power from 6-piston calipers, than the feel from the big AP Racing stoppers.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Mon, 10 January 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stephen as i told you on TCC, dont sell it, you have waited too long for it, once its running sweet you will wonder why you even had these thoughts.

Keep it, get it making 300hp and then wonder why you ever doubted the abilites of the 3SGTE Wink
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Mon, 10 January 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.turbocelica.com/TheShuttle/Engine/defau lt.htm

Check his bitz Embarassed
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Mon, 10 January 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I grew to hate ABS cause it is absolutely terrible to drive on gravel. It's okay on the tar, and modern ABS systems are startlingly efficient - but really it's not very exciting and I guess as a driver I like the challenge of self-modulating brake application.

Matt -> It's going man! I waited ages for it to get here, then it started 'missing' the minute I got it, took it back to the workshop and came back pretty much the same a few days later. Then it over heated, took it back to the workshop waited a month and then it came back still with over heating problems (thermo fan controller related) and now I discover that the thing is not only drinking bugger loads more oil than I thought, but it also decided to blow up AND will probably come back from Jaustech in the same state.

Seriously, the car has very much shot my patience to shit Smile Esp. considering it had only done 125,000 when I got my hands on it and paid $8500 for something that was basically in need of a full engine rebuild (1 litre of oil per 1000km? FUCK THAT). So yeah - I hate my life...but no where near as much as I hate the GT4 right now.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Mon, 10 January 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate my Gt4 atm - and have been thru the major pain of a MAJOR MAJOR engine and driveline rebuild/swap ..

now im getitng alot of little problems that just frustrate the fuck out of me - but that little voice still holds a candle in the very very dark recesses of my patience and says

" remember when you owned that Evo7 ?"" remember how my grip saved you from spearing into the ocean that day on the great ocean road when it was raining buckets "

" remeber how excillerating it was steppig up from a ta22 , to something with real power on tap "

As many frustrations pop up - theres always that tiny little glimmer that keeps my spark ignited - Mines a keeper - i just have to be patient , and knock each issue on the head as it comes

And at the end of the day - when its finally all said and finished - i can look at it and think - for all the time, money , and effort out into this old car , i have something that can arse rip just about any 2 or 4 wheeled vehicle on the road, and STILL have it cost less than a modern turbo AWD - or falcadore equivelent
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Mon, 10 January 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just give up Razz Laughing

I think it depends as to how much you spread yourself thin and how much income you have - as it stands there are so many things I'd rather do with my money than let the GT4 guzzle it because I bought the thing as a reliable daily driver...and I don't have alot of expendible income, at any rate if no one buys it and I get a new job that pays better and accomodates putting the GT4 back on the road then I guess I'd love to do it. But when you have a $20,000 HECS debt (and no degree), $4000 owed to the bank and $5500 owed to parents and a wish to move out of home you start to realise that cars are a bit of an unwanted expense.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Mon, 10 January 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - this all sounds too familiar mate ..

hang in there - if you can bear it! Very Happy
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Tue, 11 January 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm Voices in head....

I've had em about my celica a few times...

BIG Voice
"Sell it and get a nice cheap ae82 twincam and 4agze it"

OR
MEDIUM Voice
"Spend a fair bit on the 3sge and get it to be a really quick NA."

SMALL Voice
Someones been eating my Porridge, grrrr...."
lol..
I mean...

"Keep it and just love the car for what it is.."

The Small voice has been the biggest so far...

I reckon personally u should concentrate on the st162, or else put the 3sge in the gt4 hahahaha... all wheel drive NA celica...

U could sell the gt4, just seems like u enjoyed the sx more than the gt4, more reliable, cheaper car overal...

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A decision has been made!

A new import engine is to go into the ST165, then before it 'splodes on me, I'm going to off it to someone else. Here's hoping the new engine is better than the old one (ie doesn't drink oil). I'll start advertising it once the thing is back at my place (and I can take all the good bits off it - haha)
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess this means that the little voice has been silenced.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 11:07

I guess this means that the little voice has been silenced.

Sad

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poor little voice Crying or Very Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's KINDOF a compromise guys... Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, the little voice had it coming.

Only trouble is finding an engine Sad Might be using a 185 engine (higher CR which will be nice in colder weather, but fucked in warmer weather)
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMFGWTF???

This whole thing is driving me nuts, I've spent most of my day making calls to freight companies, importers, wreckers, mechanics and the legends currently holding my car hostage (Jaustech) all I get is one fricken obstacle after another. Every option seems to get f*^&ed in the ass some way or another or ends up being WAY too expensive, for the money that some of these f$@#ing twats want I could build a monster engine.

So it is with shotgun in hand that the (resurrected) little voice has felled that big voice and I'm taking my f$%#ing car back home to be rebuilt into one giant mother f^&@er of a car.

Of course, this will probaby take at least a year (money is tight) but hey it beats getting f%&*ed by assholes.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man

suxor dude! you could always just rebuild it standard Confused wouldn't be too expensive
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger standard...this car owes me alot more than that!

*giggles*
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can see that the little voice is gaining volume Wink Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
300hp of volume I hope.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and how do your parents feel about THIS one?

you have GOT to get rid of the 162 lol, or one of the 'other' cars Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hooray for that little man Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The parents think that I should build a new shed for my collection

Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Voices in head (ST165) Wed, 12 January 2005 08:10 Go to previous message
PHEAR the little man!

its a mighty mouse!

CAll me / PM me if you want a starter incentive for your monster motor .. I have something here that MIGHT come in handy for your fun Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Racing harness installation?
Next Topic:I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:53:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007127046585083 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.