Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 05 January 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think anyone who is drifting with josh should install a self destruct button on their car so if something happens and a situation cant be avoided.. u hit the self destruct to avoid josh's car being scratched Smile

Pics look great, No doubht it will look even better in person.

But whats with everyone stealing my silver bonnet idea? first simon.. now josh. Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 05 January 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate just letting you know that there is another pink sprinter cruising around brisbane-gold coast, my mates spotted it in moss street i asked if it had a silver bonnet and the answer was no was a full pink but not hot pink. Confused
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 06 January 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is it running yet or what?!!?!? C'mon girlie man! I want at least a sound file of it idling.
D1-SPEC
Regular

May 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 06 January 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa Shocked pure heaven i love it. bonet kit engine color iam drooling... well done with the diy. By far the best ive seen in aus.... Very Happy
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 06 January 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys, is comin along now, should definately be firing it up today, all thats left is coils and injector plugs, but rewiring the motor is almost as much a pain as doing the car...hehehe but its gonna be worth it i guess, will be smick and very neat and tidy....
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 06 January 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 12:10

So is it running yet or what?!!?!? C'mon girlie man! I want at least a sound file of it idling.

i rekon whats taking u so long josh!? cmon gawd.. Razz lol

edit - oops u posted at same time!

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2005 22:30]

mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 06 January 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you ANY idea how much work is involved?
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 06 January 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it running yet?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 06 January 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 10:15

have you ANY idea how much work is involved?

BAH! C'mon sissy, get that sucker running!
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 07 January 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it running yet?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 07 January 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha

too funny mumblez
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 07 January 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That wiring should be done by now! Razz
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 07 January 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it running yet?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 07 January 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So ahhh..... Josh.....

Is it running yet?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 07 January 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"C'MON!!! what are you waiiiting for?!!"
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 07 January 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AND theres a purpley pink one at auto shop, but i guess youd know about that one by now.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 07 January 2005 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys for all the idiots out there, im totally making a complete loom from scratch, and have been working on the wiring since 10 am friday, its now 7 am saturday and havent stopped. nearly there, but FFS get over it guys, if anyone is impatient its me, but fark, it takes time huh
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sat, 08 January 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 08:10

guys for all the idiots out there, im totally making a complete loom from scratch, and have been working on the wiring since 10 am friday, its now 7 am saturday and havent stopped. nearly there, but FFS get over it guys, if anyone is impatient its me, but fark, it takes time huh

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

So errr......

never mind.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sun, 09 January 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have run into a few problems in the starting it up phase. fiurstly the modified 20v runners had a pinhole leak that spreayed fuel everywhere, then it took 36 hours of stuffing around to sort out the ca-18 igniter module for the ems computer, and now theres spark, there is an inlet leak in said manifold, that is in the process of being tig welded and replaced as we speak, all these problems aside, we should have it firing today, hopefully that is...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sun, 09 January 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm... sucks man

but josh, if you post agin without a video of said motor running and screaming like a virgin on a wedding night, then i will garrott you with a ae86 throttle cable!

Wink Laughing
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^ bwahahaha LOL

Thrash teh virgin Razz
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still no life in it, we are 95% sure the second hand ems computer is cactus. this means another $1000.00 or so for a new managment system, and not sure how long ive gotta wait for that sorta cash, is gonna be a real tight squeeze to get it ready for adelaide now, not very happy campers, the rest is done, will post pics of the sexy engine bay later tonight, its pure sex, pity it does nothing!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad

joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark that sucks. problem after problem. that would piss me off to no end. still you cant stop now! Cool
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok boys and girls, heres a few pics of the engine in the bay, all wired and ready to go, pity the computer is shite, but pics anyway.....

overall shot
http://img83.exs.cx/img83/9246/engine0079wd.jpg

coils setup
http://img83.exs.cx/img83/7417/engine0087fu.jpg

quads
http://img83.exs.cx/img83/4610/engine0095of.jpg

i'll post a few more shots after dinner
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh and just so you can all see the extent of customization in the front heres a few cool pics for you......

as it rolls on the road....
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/3046/front0235ho.jpg

then start pulling it down....
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/3758/front0244wy.jpg

a bit more....
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/2756/front0252ct.jpg

and again....
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/4295/front0261wr.jpg

then end result....
http://img9.exs.cx/img9/1748/front0271uf.jpg

you can see the air shroud for directing as much as possible to the radiator, should keep it nice and cool..... Very Happy
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now that is what i call sex on wheels
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the shroud work man.. v clean
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Mon, 10 January 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shit, pure sex drift wheels thing Laughing

are you coming down to radelaide for the nats josh?

mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Tue, 11 January 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hope to make it there, but as mentioned above, not too sure im gonna be able to afford a new computer at this point, so may end up missing the event. not very happy at all, just wanna get out there and thrash the thing.....oh well, soon i guess, if not adelaide, then coming soon to a mountain road near you.. hahahahahaha
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Tue, 11 January 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're gonna run it in before you thrash it aren't you?! How many k's do you have to do anyways?
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Tue, 11 January 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, my, god. Shocked
I just creamed my pants.
it's such a nice setup.
for me, it sucks to know what you actually get up to with this car... Razz
Big Azza
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Tue, 11 January 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice work josh, definately a show piece now, you have done alot of work since the days of custard. I can appreciate how much work goes into making it look so good. I am really looking forward to seeing how much power you can squeeze from this little mill, this is the one adrian built for you? i spose you won't have it on a dyno till you get a comp? bummer dude, its always one thing after another, trust me i know. watching with anticipation, Aaron
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Tue, 11 January 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the shroud is awesome!
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 12 January 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
injector problem with the ems is solved.... dodgy old ems dual sport is now paperweighr, on its way via overnight is brand spanking new ems stinger. WILL be running on friday night.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 12 January 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that car makes baby jesus cream his nappy...

Oh I farking love that car man...

Kudos
sickAE86
Regular

November 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 12 January 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awsome car dude... hopefully you'll be able to make it to SA, and show some people how its done in style....

out of curiosity what engine set up are you running..... Razz
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 12 January 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d1 pimp...
haha niice work
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 12 January 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW!!! that looks absolutely awsome!! I love the colour scheme in the engine bay...Good work mate!! Cool
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 12 January 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks fucking awesome man, paint the grille pink and it will look even better, cant wait to see it driftin....

cheers
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Wed, 12 January 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just drive down to Sydney on Friday night and I'll help you get it running for FDD on Sat..... C'mon! Do it NAAOOWW!!
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 13 January 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 17:55

that car makes baby jesus cream his nappy...

Oh I farking love that car man...

Kudos

SO TRUE, i love what you did with the shroud, rad and cooler, i want one Sad

Nice work!! Wink
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 13 January 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i'm the process of making a shroud for the i/c aswell. nice work josh.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 13 January 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh we are almost posative that with the shroud and the davies craig pump and controller, we wont have to use a thermo fan, but it will have one put in anyways, just to be safe..
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 13 January 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seemless..... soo nice man. also just looking at your engine bay i noticed u made the same mistake i did. Put the ID plates on the other way around. lol it doesnt matter but its so easy to do. I cant believe how much room u got in your engine bay without the battery and overflow bottles. looks really good. Are you going to be racing this car?
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Thu, 13 January 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing no its gonna be a mantle peice and get washed once a week and live in the shed Laughing Laughing Laughing
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 14 January 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 01:38

Laughing Laughing Laughing no its gonna be a mantle peice and get washed once a week and live in the shed Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh god that's lucky! i was thinking you were going to regularly take it to the tracks and give it a thrashing!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 14 January 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 11:55

oh god that's lucky! i was thinking you were going to regularly take it to the tracks and give it a thrashing!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 14 January 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 14 January 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh its all show, will never run in anger
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 14 January 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
josh is a wussy
he built this car for autosalon
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Fri, 14 January 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95 wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 19:49

josh is a wussy
he built this car for autosalon

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA for sure
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sat, 15 January 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fulliiii hektik broooo
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sat, 15 January 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa i just read the whole thing.

and oh MY GOD!!!
Such dedication, perfection and just one fine piece of machine.
Good work! Ur bonnet looked like an 'off the shelf' item and like wise with the guards. Excellent stuff man.

You cuold'nt give a run down on how u pumped those guard could you?

-Jay

mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sat, 15 January 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It lives!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sat, 15 January 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wwwooooooooooooooooo

videos please josh!!
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sat, 15 January 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car is already on its way to Sydney for tunning. Josh was near hornsby the last time I spoke to him.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sat, 15 January 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn

being tuned in syd?
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sun, 16 January 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YES people, as Mumblezzzz has so kindly said, ITS ALIVE!!! the new ems computer arrived at 5:00pm friday, we spent till 3:00amsaturday morning getting the setup correct( many many thanks to Anthony Kellam and co for spending 5 hours or so on friday night in my shed helping out!) and lo and behold, it started! straight away the last of the wiring and guages were completed, and with the help of a mate, we loaded it straight onto the trailer and headed out to sydney. got home onlyan hour ago. the trip down was great, the century proved to be an adequateley comfortable tow vehicle, but we did have a small drama with it. after stopping in to visit my father on saturday afternoon in northern sydney, he said he thought it was amazing the century had not given any trouble. So, on the way to our place to stay on saturday night, the alternator died! its a hard thing to replace on a sunday in sydney, so the century stayed with the hachi at RICOL, a big thanks to colin and the guys for their amazing efforts and gratitude in helping with this and the tune on the car. results will be posted as soon as they are known, and we shall soon see if the engine build was worth the headaches!
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 engines back! Sun, 16 January 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ah I think congratulations are in order good job on such a work of art and now that its finnished it is time to enjoy it after all your hard work and dedication
top work Very Happy Very Happy Cool
Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Draven's JZA61 [some pics]
Next Topic:Craig's AE86 completed project: 56K or die slowly
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:14:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010587930679321 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.