Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

the real weight of a sprinter Thu, 06 January 2005 11:36 Go to next message
ok guys so many people throw around the weights of an aus spec sprinter and I want to know what people have found the real weight is. Also I dont want any stupid statements based on their reg sticker because my friend has 900kg on his and I have 1250kg on mine, now I dont think an electric sunroof adds 350kg!

so people what does yours weigh? (people with custom heavy duty drivelines excluded)

I want accurate figues only. I want to prove that sprinters are heavier than what people often say.
  Send a private message to this user    
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Thu, 06 January 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
940kg's
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Thu, 06 January 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well when i took mine to the tip (weigh bridge Very Happy ) i had 2 tyres & rims in the back, half a tank of fuel and me, and it cam up smiling back at me with .947 T on the screen...but that was befor i put the GZE in it..

and also..it's a JDM sprinter coupe..so it would be a little lighter than the aussie ones anyway (doors)..and plus my back seat top and bottom weighs all of about 3 kgs!
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: the real weight of a sprinter Thu, 06 January 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh also could people say how it was weighed and what spec it was in when they get it done?

mine was 990 with 2/3 tank, electric sunroof, air-con, towbar!!! and otherwise stock
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Thu, 06 January 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i seem to hear 930kgs all the time

it does depend on what model u have -
slight variations on weight and extras do
add on a little bit aswell.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: the real weight of a sprinter Thu, 06 January 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember weighing mine once ages ago, full tank of LPG (80 odd litres), W box, much fatter diff, 3 amps, 2 subs, etc. etc. and it came up at 1180 I think. I'll be weighing it again soon when it's ready for engineering, with a lot less garbage in it (smaller fuel tank, no back seat any more, a lot of the sound system gone, etc.)
foxtail
Regular

January 2005
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Fri, 07 January 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my AE85 trueno stock without me was 930kg
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Fri, 07 January 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on my rego slip it had 920kg... but you cant believe that.
after my mods, it went to 1020kg (went to a weigh bridge) .... if thats some indication...
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Fri, 07 January 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine has no extras!! no aircon, no steer, no elec windows, no elec mirrors, GTV seats..it never had any of the options either!!?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: the real weight of a sprinter Fri, 07 January 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont rekon they weigh them correctly
mine was 1250 too, but i took it to a weighbridge and checked
930 - no carpet - no stereo - no sound deadening
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: the real weight of a sprinter Fri, 07 January 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A simple search would have revealed this thread in events..

Weight Watchers Cruise: Results

all the info you need right there
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: the real weight of a sprinter Fri, 07 January 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of rego stickers, not long ago I saw an MZ20 turbo with TV, dentist seats, etc. - all the heavy crap - with 1070 on the sticker...
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Sun, 09 January 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 23:11

dentist seats.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dentist seats ROTFLMAO
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Sun, 09 January 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
standard issue for ALL A/K/TE70-86 should be between 870 and 960 kg according to the spec sheet i have seen.

My TE71 (last i weighed it) was 930KG with 3/4 tank of gas and me in it, but i have taken everything that dosn't make it go out of it , but fitted 30kgs of rollcage.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: the real weight of a sprinter Tue, 11 January 2005 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the real weight of the average sprinter wet is 960kg, thats without a sunroof. I dont beleive theres any austrlian ones out there that are 930kg unmodified. The figures they quote are probably for dry setups and no extras, like a jack, spare wheel, etc.. So unles someone proves me wrong I think it's about time people stop quoting this figure, because it doesnt seem right.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Tue, 11 January 2005 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think some of you might be confusing tare weight (no passengers) and gross weight (fully loaded). If you take 80kg per person x 4 + say 30kg of luggage then there's your 350 kg difference.

In any case, if you're looking at this from the point of view of engineering ie largest engine size, then it only matters what the RTA considers is the weight of the vehicle.
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: the real weight of a sprinter Wed, 12 January 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an aus spec sprinter and...

My sprinter, 3/4 tank, spare, jack, air con completely stock was 980kg

Minus spare, jack, rear seats, carpet, different rims, 4age and larger brakes w/ rx7 calipers on a different weighbridge it came in at 925kg

Now its missing carpets and about 20kg of sound deadening... Yet to weigh it.
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: the real weight of a sprinter Fri, 21 January 2005 07:52 Go to previous message
thats an awesome effort Necros, I am thinking of taking my carpet out and replacing it with a fabric of some sort, that should lead to some decent weight savings, it might make it alot louder still though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dad, can I borrow the Crown?
Next Topic:What is the GT-APEX trim material (AE86)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 12:03:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075099468231201 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.