Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Going to Japan..where to go??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
white83supra
Regular

March 2003

Going to Japan..where to go?? Sat, 30 October 2004 02:11 Go to next message
Hi Y'all,
I am off to Japan for a hol in jan. Where are the best car enthusiast places to go and see racing, drifting and those carparks full of modded cars?
ta
ant
  Send a private message to this user    
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Sat, 30 October 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nanko osaka
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Sat, 30 October 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white83supra wrote on Sat, 30 October 2004 12:11

Hi Y'all,
I am off to Japan for a hol in jan. Where are the best car enthusiast places to go and see racing, drifting and those carparks full of modded cars?
ta
ant

you can see modded cars in australia

go to north japan and hit the slopes Very Happy
awesome powder from what i've been told
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Sat, 30 October 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a popular meeting place called "Daikoku Futo" Its a large carpark where some freeways meet. Lots of modified cars gather there, but its more showy cars ie rice.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Sat, 30 October 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the island that south west of tokyo, near the bay area. North of the airport i beleive

[Updated on: Sat, 30 October 2004 06:46]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Sat, 30 October 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Don't forget to get yourself a geisha girl while you're over there.

seeyuzz
river
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Sun, 31 October 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been there for a holiday before and wanted to see the same stuff you do but it is damn near impossible I reckon. You will need to hire a car to get to most places or catch a taxi. And I hope you know a lot of Japanese or have a friend who knows a lot. I had been studying for a year and a half at uni and that gets you by.
Adam Laws
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Mon, 01 November 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have interests in Toyotas and Subarus, this was posted to the WRX club group when I visited Tokyo in May...might be of interest...sorry for its length...

There is the Toyota Amlux showroom in Ikebukuro, mentioned in the Lonely Planet and worth a look if only for its size. It is mostly still "just" a Toyota show room but I did enjoy having a poke around some of the cars we don't have here, plus there was the opportunity to have a go on Grand Turismo 4 Prologue on some Playstations set up there (wheel, pedals and race seats etc) which was a bit of fun - ran a TA22 as a matter of interest.

The Sony showroom is in Ginza and was definitely worth a look. A bit further down the road is a Nissan showroom. It had two whacky Jap small cars - something called a Cube that looks like a cube and a March. The staff seemed to like the fact we were tourists taking photos.

Subaru has an office in Shinjuku. Take the west exit from the station and its hard to miss with the whopping sign on its roof. Its not far from Yodobashi Cameras which is a massive gadget shop. The Subaru building has a small showroom and they had a B4 and another Liberty. I got some great brochures including a WRX one and one for an STi Forrester there.

The Toyota Megaplex out at Odaiba was good fun, and I particularly liked the museum they had as I used to own an RA23 Celica and there was a RA28 n a TA22 there for me to reflect on the memories ! My girlfriend got a buzz out of taking a ride in an electric car there that drives itself. I was fairly impressed the thing had done 60,000 kms, presumably all on the one kay track we got to drive around !! Go have a look at the computer games arcade there too, its friggin massive.....4 corridors of driving games !

There is a chain of parts stores called Super Autobacs I discovered. One I found was a few stations down from Odaiba, at a place called Shinonome on the Rinkai train line that comes from Shin-kiba, is a place that was one of the highlights for me. They have quite a large showroom and workshop and it was like heaven !! Row upon row of coil overs for sale, more shiny wheels and exhausts than i imagined possible. Plus the usual crapola we see at Super Cheap. Great magazine collection too that I bought a wrx magazine from. The car park was a great place to go for a wander...evo, 180sx drift machine, a porsche road/race car complete with detachable steering wheel, roll cage, dry break fuel system and baby seat that was being used !! They also have a showroom for Tommy Kaira cars (Gran Turismo fame) Lots of good stuff and highly recommended.

Plus I tended to have a wander around any big car park we came across and usually found some interesting stuff there too.

Anyways, hope this helps with your trip

[Updated on: Mon, 01 November 2004 11:35]

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Mon, 01 November 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuk the cars just goto 5 dolla suki suki bars

Smile
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Tue, 02 November 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to Nagoya... Home of Toyota and the awesome Toyota Automobile Museum...
While in the region of Nagoya you can check the cultural sites in nearby cities like Nara, Kyoto... also Osaka has great food and people compared to Tokyo/Kawasaki/Yokohama area.
Start saving tho for those Shinkansen tickets if you havent got a car... It's like $120 from Tokyo to Osaka (one way)... but 300kph joy on land is good fun.

Toyota Amulux is a must see while in Tokyo... it's like Toyota's best showroom with all the latest models and soon to be released. IMHO the subaru one sucked. I say head east from Shinjuku station to the red light district... west of Shinjuku is all boring govt buildings and stuff...
funny??? east Govt office... west hookers... so handy for those public servants. ha ha
white83supra
Regular

March 2003

Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Wed, 03 November 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now that's what I call an answer!
great I want check out all the great RWD Toyotas we will never get here. F**k Toyota Aust and the mediocre choices they make for us! Mad

thanks for all the tips guys
ta
ant
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Wed, 03 November 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these maybe obvious or stupid but u could alwaiz visit tsukuba circuit and nikko drift circuit. they hold random drift daiz at nikko and u can catch sum of the d1 drivers there i thinks its about 3 hrz out of tokyo
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Wed, 03 November 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha yes.. here is Super Autobac - Osaka
Note: my mate Tetsuya in the photo expression... "WTF are you taking a pic of that for?"

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~hashiriya/images/IMG_1513.jpg

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Thu, 04 November 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My sister lives in Nagoya at the moment. My family have just gotten back a little while ago and they went to the Toyota Musuem and said it was awesome and they aren't even into cars that much. Well my dad is but...

I went to the Toyota Amlux in Odaiba, Tokyo and that was absolutely awesome!!!!!! The best place I went to in Japan. It was heaven Smile And I beat all the Japanese fellas on the f1 driving game they have there Razz

and as I said, if you want to go to a track, hire a car and have a friend that knows where they are going Smile
white83supra
Regular

March 2003

icon10.gif  Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Thu, 06 January 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay I'm off to Japan on saturday finally... Crying or Very Sad while I am there I will be picking up a tail light and mirror for my Soarer as it was vandalised on NYE in Chippo (pricks). I am willing to bet second hand parts are cheaper there than here. Thanks again for all the tips, I have printed them off and will be adding them to my schedule. I will bring back some good pics.
bye
ant
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Thu, 06 January 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white83supra wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 20:07

yay I'm off to Japan on saturday finally... Crying or Very Sad while I am there I will be picking up a tail light and mirror for my Soarer as it was vandalised on NYE in Chippo (pricks). I am willing to bet second hand parts are cheaper there than here. Thanks again for all the tips, I have printed them off and will be adding them to my schedule. I will bring back some good pics.
bye
ant

sounds good mate. Take lots of pics! I love Japan Very Happy
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Thu, 06 January 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been to Odaiba Very Happy I remember the very colourful (gaudy) ferris wheel. Anyway If I remember correctly, the Toyota place had a carpark of the future where they had cars on a type of lift/conveyer belt...very cool. I also think they had a castrol supra + numerous other Toyota cars.
mspeed
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Thu, 06 January 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DON'T FORGET TO BUY THE GRAN TURISMO 4 IN JAPAN!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2005 12:37]

Razor
Regular

May 2004
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Thu, 06 January 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you guys are forgetting something...
Tokyo Auto Salon 2005 Jan 14-16
white83supra
Regular

March 2003

Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Fri, 07 January 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool
hey thanks for the heads up!
yeah I just checked and we are staying just a few stations away and will be going for sure. I'll take an empty sim card for the camera Evil or Very Mad
banhbao
Regular

September 2004
Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Fri, 07 January 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
highways + check out shibuya and schoolgirl Cool

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2005 10:24]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Going to Japan..where to go?? Fri, 07 January 2005 11:09 Go to previous message
D1GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:funny web site
Next Topic:Toymodders in Tamworth?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 11:58:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070559978485107 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.