Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
chaser jz100 Sun, 02 January 2005 06:53 Go to next message
your guy opinions on these as they have recently got import approval into australia and sell quite cheap at auction in japan. worked it out to cost around 25k to get one on the road in australia.
  Send a private message to this user    
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: chaser jz100 Sun, 02 January 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in one word.

fuckyeahidbuyoneificouldiwantonenowgiveittome
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Sun, 02 January 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome cars,

I would love one Very Happy
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Sun, 02 January 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent heard anything bad about them, it has the 1jzgte motor and its lighter then the Soarer Very Happy .

The only downside i can think of it that they seem really long for a 4dr sedan (long bonnet and boot) which would make it difficult to DRIFT, but there's ways aroound that.

Can only go forwards really.

I for one will be looking into buying one around July/August.

Cheers

Steve
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Sun, 02 January 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was under the impression that the JZX100 had the 2JZGTE not the 1JZGTE. You may be thinking of the JZX90.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: chaser jz100 Sun, 02 January 2005 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No has 1jzgte in general, did come in a 2jzge, and also a 4wd variant me thinks.....
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: chaser jz100 Mon, 03 January 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4wd + 2jz-gte conversion!!
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Mon, 03 January 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 03:08

No has 1jzgte in general, did come in a 2jzge, and also a 4wd variant me thinks.....

The Aristos had the 2JZGTE 4WD Auto

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Mon, 03 January 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chasers arent 4wd you wally's

To my knowledge the jzx100 was the start of the 1jzgte with vvti and a single turbo, or it might be the jzx110 that started it, either way, no chaser had the 2jzgte from the factory, that i know of, i may be wrong.

Heres one thing i found, http://www.dcimports.com.au/Toyota_Chaser.htm

Cheers

Steve

[Updated on: Mon, 03 January 2005 07:03]

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Mon, 03 January 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/chaser/

This site appears to be useful as well.

Cheers

Steve
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: chaser jz100 Mon, 03 January 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to check this out.

http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=2562 6&highlight=1uz+4wd

Callum
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: chaser jz100 Mon, 03 January 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 17:57

Chasers arent 4wd you wally's

To my knowledge the jzx100 was the start of the 1jzgte with vvti and a single turbo, or it might be the jzx110 that started it, either way, no chaser had the 2jzgte from the factory, that i know of, i may be wrong.

Heres one thing i found, http://www.dcimports.com.au/Toyota_Chaser.htm

Cheers

Steve

There are heaps of variants of chasers. From what I have read they did come in 4wd model with a 2jz-ge. So a pretty straight forward swap to a gte and you have your own toyota 'GTR'. Smile

Also, jzx100 was the first with single turbo.
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: chaser jz100 Thu, 06 January 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn, i give my left testy for one of those babys, im prety sure they came with 2jz's, ive read numorous articles on em,

too big for drift? tell that to the japs, they seem to have little problem with that aspect, lol, cant beleive we imported the fucking avalon instead of the chaser, %&^%&^(*^*&%.!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: chaser jz100 Thu, 06 January 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if we got the chaser here it would have been the absolute poverty pack one to compete in the $30000ish price range.

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: chaser jz100 Thu, 06 January 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen 3 chaser's for sale down here in tassie they are a 1JZ-GTE model, i never heard of a 4WD i don't doubt there is one, but i have heard of a 3L chaser... and i doubt its a 6MGE or 7MGE.. so it would have to 2JZGE, i even heard of in japan they had 2JZ-GTE but only RWD and like soarers most came in auto
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: chaser jz100 Thu, 06 January 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 22:06

if we got the chaser here it would have been the absolute poverty pack one to compete in the $30000ish price range.

And the base model Falcodores in that price bracket aren't poverty pack?

Would have given the locals some decent competition, RWD 6cyl instead of FWD Avalon.
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: chaser jz100 Sat, 08 January 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ive had some feedbsck from perstige import and it seem the 1jzgte are the only one availible for import, htey did come with 2jzgte in aristos variant but are very expensive and extra weight makes them slower than chasers as do all the 4wd variants. the 4wds weight is 1700 kg thats a fuckin lot compared with 1300 for chasers, ill be getting one imported around july i think Razz
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Sat, 08 January 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to consider what exactly you want...

Theres the JZX90, JZX100, JZX110

then theres the Tourer S and the Tourer V (the V being the more performance orientated of the two, with the Tourer S usually being NA engine types)

The out of those two series: theres the Chaser, Cresta, and Mark II...

The Cresta being more pimp like... like our cressidas here... the Chaser being a cheaper version... then the Mark II which is the best in terms of features and performance...

The Mark II is faster in Auto rather than manual...

I have heard rumours abour 4WD Tourer S Wagons... but not sure about this...

Personally I would go for a JZX90 Tourer V Mark II they seem to be very popular 4-doors in Japan.. (there must be a reason for this)

Thats my limited knowledge...
mischief1
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: chaser jz100 Mon, 24 January 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 07:52

The Cresta being more pimp like... like our cressidas here... the Chaser being a cheaper version... then the Mark II which is the best in terms of features and performance...

- they all have the same performance(1jzgte powered variants), just different trim levels. personally, i like my 'cheaper' version Chaser with stock carbon fibre trim, than the Mark IIs with grandpas fake woodtrim. I havent seen

- no 2jzgte, only 2jzge.

- came in 4wd, but with less powerful motors.

- only d1 pros drift jzx100s Razz

- jzx100 > jzx90, ive driven both, a couple mates own 90s. but you are paying extra for the 100, so it should be Razz
gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: chaser jz100 Mon, 24 January 2005 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your rite about the 2jz powered 4wd chaser im gonna need a new change of underwear!!!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Tue, 25 January 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naw forget it. JZA100 with a 1JZ-GTE is quick enough for your pants.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: chaser jz100 Tue, 25 January 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgie wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 00:35

Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 22:06

And the base model Falcodores in that price bracket aren't poverty pack?

Would have given the locals some decent competition, RWD 6cyl instead of FWD Avalon.

It would have been a Tourer S so n/a slow POS just like an Avalon. They actually look quite similar IMO. That is why people like them as they are a bit of a sleeper as they are uncommon in OZ.

If they were sold here that would be very different.
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: chaser jz100 Wed, 26 January 2005 19:56 Go to previous message
For sale in NZ:

http://www.quest4.co.nz/chaserpics.htm

53 000 k's
Loads of aftermarket stuff
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what companies offer warranty for used cars ?
Next Topic:Installing sideskirts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:47:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069139003753662 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.