Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 06:45 Go to next message
hello.

so im looking for an F series axle after an incident with a curb.

the diff is an F series from a japanese celica GT, made to fit an ae86

its 7.5" 1418mm disc to disc and the axles are 28mm diameter

here are some photos.

http://www.users.on.net/~desb/diff-1.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~desb/diff-3.jpg

so i want to know if anyone has any info on interchangeable axles, it seems early hiace and liteace have smaller bearings. does anyone know of anything else?

otherwise would it be more viable to repair the bent axle?

thanks.
des
  Send a private message to this user    
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hellllpo
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MS112 Crown and MX23 MkII have an F series live axle... not sure on width but if you search I'm sure you'll find out.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX13 corona mk2 as well...
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The diff that you seek it rare as rocking horse shit , as well as not being a direct bolt in from memory without moving some mounts . That center in the picture doesn't look standard f series to me as well , well its been a long time since seeing one of those . I would start thinking about repairing your old diff . I have a f series lsd center i will take apart later for a conversions into a half toyota/nissan housing i will take a few pics of the center to see if its like that one pictured . Also the f series pinion housing/yoke will hit the underside of the car without the pinion angle being corrected , or wheelbase changed if the vehicle is lowered .

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused looks like the same F series LSD i found in my ma61 to me...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 18:12

The diff that you seek it rare as rocking horse shit , as well as not being a direct bolt in from memory without moving some mounts .

Unless I'm very much mistaken, he has already installed the diff in his AE86 and has bent it (no doubt a result of some fully sik drifting into a gutter). Hence the requirement of an F series axle of the same width.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course he did norbie... all AE86 drivers are fooly sik dorifters after all right?

No No No

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 04:16

improvedae86 wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 18:12

The diff that you seek it rare as rocking horse shit , as well as not being a direct bolt in from memory without moving some mounts .

Unless I'm very much mistaken, he has already installed the diff in his AE86 and has bent it (no doubt a result of some fully sik drifting into a gutter). Hence the requirement of an F series axle of the same width.

Ow shit poor guy , from memory the mx13 is the same length heres the measurement from one i had laying around : 69cm
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 18:22

of course he did norbie... all AE86 drivers are fooly sik dorifters after all right?

No No No

not all...but almost all Cool (j/k)

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2005 08:31]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn you MA61 drivers..... Twisted Evil
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

from memory the mx13 is the same length heres the measurement from one i had laying around : 69cm

ill find out the length of mine when i get back to my car, what are the chances of that being able to fit./ or would it have to be modified.
is that axle 28mm diameter?

im thinking i will be hard pressed to find something that fits anyway. ill enquire about getting it fixed. anyone know average procedure/price of straightening it. and does this comprimise the integrity of the axle?

Quote:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, he has already installed the diff in his AE86 and has bent it

yes you are correct

Quote:

(no doubt a result of some fully sik drifting into a gutter)

well you know thats a fair assumption to make. for the record i dont and wasnt "doriffting" but you can go on and have a chuckle either way.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes all the axles are the same diameter on the f series which i have seen , yes i have two bent ones here . They seem to bend real easy those axles .
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't those GT Celica diffs have some funky double row (read w-i-d-e) axle bearings? If so, then you might be in luck because so do the MS112 Crowns.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Fri, 07 January 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUNKY hey yeah , i thought just the bearing to axle spacer was different and the bearing/seal retainer was different between the axles ? But could be wrong theres about 8cm of axle bearing facing on the mx13 mk2 ones .
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: urgent :: f series axle/ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 06:55 Go to previous message
hm large bearing, sounds promising..

ill check it out and let you guys know what the deal is.

thanks for all your help/
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OBDII Socket On A RAV4?
Next Topic:2JZ-GTE Auto in a 71- 74 Crown
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 02:32:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060799121856689 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.