Toymods » Tech & Conversions » commore v6 in to hachi

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Tue, 04 January 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chop chop put in your ecotec v6

you havent even started and the 'hachi drift posse' are getting upset

more inspiration to get chopping!
  Send a private message to this user    
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Tue, 04 January 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh drift king do it man, thats a heaps good conversion, u will be soo so popular man. oh my god.... if u chucked a 3.8 in your ae86 u could hang wif jim, eros and stabros down the beach in there stock automatic nissan silvias with fast and furious tear graphics down the sides. the girls will be hanging off you mate. that is a mad conversion! that engine will make u drift better too man. the engine wont be to heavy for the front man, u wont even need to change the brakes. u should also put a hsv sticker on your car when u've done it. ... I just want one

hahaha...cmon man did u start that topic off as a joke to try and be funny or are you serious drift king??

PS my 12 yr old brother laughed at it
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Tue, 04 January 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread is a mockery of all 86 owners across the world. i hope u do this conversion and crash it into a tree.

do it

my soldering iron is in my bag waiting for u
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 00:18

yeh drift king do it man, thats a heaps good conversion, u will be soo so popular man. oh my god.... if u chucked a 3.8 in your ae86 u could hang wif jim, eros and stabros down the beach in there stock automatic nissan silvias with fast and furious tear graphics down the sides. the girls will be hanging off you mate. that is a mad conversion! that engine will make u drift better too man. the engine wont be to heavy for the front man, u wont even need to change the brakes. u should also put a hsv sticker on your car when u've done it. ... I just want one

hahaha...cmon man did u start that topic off as a joke to try and be funny or are you serious drift king??

PS my 12 yr old brother laughed at it

Bwahaha, south beach hater Laughing

Sideshow had it nailed, your Dad's mates suggested it because they don't know the other (i.e. better) options. My mate's Dad was bagging the s**t out of my AE102, while he was in the middle of fixing all the oil leaks in his 304....
DRiiFT_King
Regular

November 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know, i started this thread, because i thought people on this forum were nice enough to help me out with my idea, give me some ideas and shit like that, but the only thing thats come from this thread is that your all a bunch of shit blokes that follows everyone else like you've got your dicks up the their arse.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRiiFT_King wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 14:24

you know, i started this thread, because i thought people on this forum were nice enough to help me out with my idea, give me some ideas and shit like that, but the only thing thats come from this thread is that your all a bunch of shit blokes that follows everyone else like you've got your dicks up the their arse.

I'm guessing the real reason you started this inane thread was to throw some insults around when people mocked your suggestion. It's fun insulting people when you are 12, and to do it to lots of people over the anonymous internet must be doubly fun. Confused

Now that you've achieved this goal, perhaps the Mods can lock or delete this thread?
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 20:04

chop chop put in your ecotec v6

you havent even started and the 'hachi drift posse' are getting upset

more inspiration to get chopping!

If you wanted to upset the 'hachi drift posse' just tell them their ADM sprinter is just an AE85. Maybe start a "Most Overated Toyota" or "Least Bang For Your Buck" pole Laughing
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRiiFT_King wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 14:54

I thought that you started this thread to see what people thought of your idea Rolling Eyes

Seems that not too many people think that it is a good conversion. I recommend that you do it because you want to (forget any of the constructive criticism about the legality, weight distribution or that it is just a bad idea).

And furthermore - as far as I could tell, no one has mocked you or made personal insults (cosmetic surgery no withstanding) so please keep your insults and perverted attraction to anal intercourse to yourself.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img46.exs.cx/img46/4802/tease4qz.png
foxtail
Regular

January 2005
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I have had a AE85 for 5 years now!

Anyways, It would be easy and fun to put a 4Runner quad cam V6 into a sprinter, use the 4Runner bellhousing bolted to a W55 or better box, there already a north/south motor, lighter, more power and revs then Buiek Bommodore engines, and with cams etc should make decent hp.

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no offence to the starter or anyone else, but this thread is so stupid and long that i just had to add to it.

and im not even going to say if it is a good idea or a bad idea, but i will say its a bad idea.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say do it. It will be a great conversion. It could be like a Toyota Lexcen only smaller.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The man has a point! And we all know a Lexcen can cut a pretty mean skid, so it follows it must be good at drifting.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly my point. Nod For a good drift car it needs to do big skids and understeer straight into kerbs for drift damage and street cred. This conversion will do exactly that.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at it logically.
it'll be more expensive and have less power & more weight than most toyota engine conversions. you obviously wanna drift, but have no idea how to set up a car for it (holden engine up front = bad!).
Then you get annoye4d when people tell you that, in all honesty, it's a worse idea than the US invading iraq.

but go ahead. custom engine mounts, bellhousing, tailshaft, intake plumbing, cooling, exhaust, wiring (holden:toyota wiring not fun!) fuelling... and that's just the start of the costs!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I respect you.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Stuff/fulsik.jpg
I'm in the tracksuit.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that trackie looks much better than your white doctor's overalls.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey those boiler suits are flattering!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Wed, 05 January 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know, you look horny in it! especially when you're all greased up. but those trackies... how can you go past the sheer class?
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Thu, 06 January 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driiift King: although your last quote was well said and not many people have given you constructive criticism, you must remember most of these people have gone the proven method (ie 4ag/ca/sr ) simply because it works the best and would most likely work out cheaper. Having said that an ecotech in an 86 would be an awesome burnout machine but probably not much else. Ive heard 86s even with fairly lightweight 1gs etc still have compromised handling.

edit: if that commodore above was parked on a street where my mates were having a party, it would have been the "piss tree" for that night. ( thats a warning for any volvo/lancer drivers too ) Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 06 January 2005 04:34]

jc80
Occasional Poster

October 2004

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Thu, 06 January 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The mazda 626 92 came out with an east to west 2.5L V6, and boy do they go, my misuss has got one and she drags V8's and kicks ass in it. i dont know about the wait issue but it might be some thing to look into.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Thu, 06 January 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or even the Eunos M800 supercharged engine.... Although I tried to buy one once, and got quoted pretty big prices.
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Thu, 06 January 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift king - you are not drift king, why dont u just use thecar that the v6 is in for your "budget drifter"? its not gonna be cheap to put it in your 86. dont fool yourself.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT - I always pictured you as a little older. Nice trackie though where may I get one?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Wed, 05 January 2005 16:42

http://img46.exs.cx/img46/4802/tease4qz.png

hahaha thats gold, but not as funny as this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Various%20Random%20Shit/xmaspresentcopy.jpg
D1-SPEC
Regular

May 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats some funny shit Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man, what a waste of thread space.

any heavy engine in a ae86 is destroying what makes it so great. the balance.

so rule out a v6 of any kind, most i6's and some 4bangers... doing it is really not logical to the handling and drivability of the AE86.

if your dad is after simple
a 4age smallport with carbies is simple as piss. couldnt get much easier.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love those pics...

And GT, that trackie would be a one-size-fits-all, yeah? So practical!

Anyway, haven't enough people given their opinion on this thread? I, like most others here, think the conversion isn't too smart (oh dear, I've just given my thoughts, again... oooops...), but if you really want to do it that way, then do so. If YOU'RE happy with the result, then who really cares what Captain Tracksuit and his merry army think? I've talked to several people who have done the 1G thing, and each one has a different opinion - from 'handles grouse, I love it' to 'wish I hadn't wrecked the car like that...'.

Keep those little pics coming though Very Happy

Oh yeah, and to those who keep harping on about the handling of the AE86, the KE70 is a tighter, better version of the same thing anyway. Pity it looks like it was sculpted out of a slab of cheese Cool

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2005 11:45]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE70 tighter and better handling than an AE86?

are you serious?
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 08:23

are you serious?

Yeah who was the silly one which said a AE86 handled in stock aus spec form ? next there be saying the brakes work well too Laughing
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oddly enough I am... I own both cars, and can notice the difference. This is not counting the standard suspension - which on the AE86 is well below par, and on the '70 is non existant - I'm talking about the actual body here.

What makes the AE86 better? Maybe it's got something to do with being TOLD it's better?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrmm

i would have imagined more KE70's being used for motorsports

seeing as they are cheaper and just as good, more common but ugly as sin haha oh well

never driven a 70, so i cant comment, but id be interested to know exactly how much better both stock versions handle

(ps, im serious. never heard of a ke70 being decent in handling dept)
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah a four door car is always stiffer than a large doored two door car, the larger the holes in the car the weaker it is . Simple rule really . The only thing that bothers me is the amount of dick head which try to race you having a ae86 on the road at the moment {yes you it the ceffy with the XTC sticker on the back window , drifting into princes hwy in bloody peak hour you fool}

I would think about moving the drivetrain across to a ke etc , but the best feature i can think of between the two cars is the aerodynamics of the ae86 . Shit you can still talk to your passenger with the window down at 200 its quite amazingly good at speed for its age .

But really this is getting way off topic , where are the pics of this conversion ?

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2005 12:38]

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, think about it - if the floor, suspension, etc. is the same in all the important places, and the 70 has got more metal in the right places, why wouldn't it be better? Of course, stick in a rollcage and it becomes pretty much irrelevant anyway. 86 looks better, 70 is much more practical as a rally car etc. though.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true true

but really, is it THAT much better? taking into consideration the amount of work each aus spec equivalent needs to make it 'drivable' in the first place.

you would pretty much put a 4ag in both to begin with
a t50 in the ke70
then lsd (which i imagine would mean new diff housing for both)
then coilovers and other front susp components (which is the same for both right?)
and then the steering on the KE70. is it as goo/better than ae86 aussie variety?

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I finally found a pic of the guy that did the V6 -> AE86 conversion! One guy even gives it the thumbs up!!
http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-6-1104197469.jpg
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The KE70 (AE71 also...) isn't at too much of a disadvantage to the sprinter, simply because anything that needs replacing on the '70 also needs replacing on the '86. As for the steering, I'm using an AE86 Xmember/rack in my KE70 anyway Very Happy Although an aftermarket 'quick rack' kit would be useful in either car - I'm not sure if the original steering ratio is different between the '70 and '86?

GT, your little cuz looks damned sharp in that singlet next to the Camira - is that stoop in his back the result of insufficient calcium as a kid?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Fri, 07 January 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, looking for motorsport sponsorship?

"what car is it"
"a KE70 corolla"
*click*
"damn, why do they always do that" Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 23:12

true true

but really, is it THAT much better? taking into consideration the amount of work each aus spec equivalent needs to make it 'drivable' in the first place.

Id consider it a better option, first of all, its a sleeper (i.e. pfft its just a corolla), body parts are much easier to find, it has four doors and a decent sized boot (well kinda), and to buy the initial project it wont cost you 2.5K Laughing

cant argue with that, right now im actually looking for an AE71 or KE70 to do a 4AGE conversion so i can use it as a daily Smile

P.S. anyone that argues, oh but its not a sprinter, then go back to your dark room watching initial D trying to learn some new moves, you disgust me...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 01:58

hmmm, looking for motorsport sponsorship?

"what car is it"
"a KE70 corolla"
*click*
"damn, why do they always do that" Wink

hahaha

awwwwww its ok

u drive a KE70 OC?
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 01:23

are you serious?

unfortunately, if it is a hatch, it is a very loose chassis.the huge opening for the hatch,lack of structural member between rear arches and the long door openings allow the chassis to twist very easily.

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyway, back to the thread, here's another idea: GM Northstar V8. It's still a GM V8, so it'll upset the 'JDM Hachi Dori-Dori' brigade, and it's also aluminium, quad cam, VVT, etc. so it'll upset the 'bung a Buick V6 into it' brigade. What more could you ask for??
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 19:11

Anyway, back to the thread, here's another idea: GM Northstar V8. It's still a GM V8, so it'll upset the 'JDM Hachi Dori-Dori' brigade, and it's also aluminium, quad cam, VVT, etc. so it'll upset the 'bung a Buick V6 into it' brigade. What more could you ask for??

you get a v8 AND a death wish. HEY! what else does a car enthusiast want???

lol
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 21:11

a blower hanging out the bonnet, just in case one needed more bottom end. Laughing

i don't see the problem with transplanting anything into an AE86,they're over-rated anyway. if it wasn't for initial D , they would just be a RWD 4ag, like all the transplants, like most of the AE85 in aussie and nz anyway.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 January 2005 08:28]

levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you have any idea what you have just started? lord have mercy on your soul.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

AE86 was popular before inital d ...
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you tell em garth!!!
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fangsport wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 04:27

mrshin wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 21:11

a blower hanging out the bonnet, just in case one needed more bottom end. Laughing

i don't see the problem with transplanting anything into an AE86,they're over-rated anyway. if it wasn't for initial D , they would just be a RWD 4ag, like all the transplants, like most of the AE85 in aussie and nz anyway.

OVERRATED Laughing your going to win friends here Laughing
as for the transplants , you guys over there would have no ae86's or ae85's left by now anyway . How many where crashed at your targa this year ? six was it . I heard horror story's from all the Australian mechanics which traveled over to look after the cars in the top end of the field , there was apparently not a straight ae85/86 left by the end . Most went in search of ***** in fields { i will leave that up to your imagination }

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i say sheep.
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OVERRATED your going to win friends here
as for the transplants , you guys over there would have no ae86's or ae85's left by now .

an AE86 is merely a TE71 with the edges rounded off .sure they're a good looking/performing car but i wouldn't rush out and chop my bollocks off to own one or treat them as some sort of demi-god that must not be altered away from factory specs without consultation with the AE86 minions.

theres plenty of AE85/86 still in nz. we actually had them from new as the JDM spec but without factory LSD.genuine nz ae86 would number probably less than 100, but there are heaps of imported ones and converted AE85 (which are nearly the same as the pure ADM spec AE86).over here anything goes , FJ20t,SR20t, CA18t,Rotary power ,lexus v8 etc. why keep it original when it can be modified to be better.

why not throw a Commy V6 in one? if it was my daily driver i'd think it over, but i'm seriously considering mid-mounting one in my TE71 hardtop club racer.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some would day a 3uzfe would not be better for an improved production series ae86 but better for a 400m sprinter drag race car...

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excpet a 3UZFE is all alloy and wieghs next to nothing compared to the power that it makes

Correct me if im wrong on the all alloy bit here people
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am sure the te71 is a closer relative to the t18 i alot of areas if you go hunt though the parts relationship between the two . As far as i was aware the te71 and ae86 might have similar design platform , but even standard the suspension arms are completly different according to the TRD information . As far as demi-god , well that might be a closer relation to manga and initial d .

As far as modifying from that JDM spec which never existed here , sure a buick v6 with a block dating back well before the ae86 i just seems to be a complete waste of time really . Mostly those engines do not survive over 200.000ks without lots of tlc > then if there get there once given a hard time for-sure they will spin all the cam bearings due the blocks warping easily with time . Not to even mention the countless rear main seal , sump sealing issues that even with countless changes buy the factory never did work for a great deal of time . Sure you can wash the engine down every service , but hardly worth it since the original engine didn't have those problems .

Yes in New Zealand you can just drop any engine you like into a car , no engineering required , just has to have a warrant and fitness every year { Australia RWC } But here the physical weight of that pile of crap wouldn't even come close to ever being engineered with lots of chassis rail reinforcing . I couldn't imagine the weight at the front of the car it would have to be in the range of 70/30 .

Pointless conversion number 100
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 21:24

Pointless conversion number 100

Thread Over.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
te71 has shitty steering box

they need a r&p conversion.

apart from that theye good. mostly everything interchanges with ae86 stuff and panels and doors and most glass can be found on a t18 for cheap

[Updated on: Sat, 08 January 2005 11:08]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't fully understand the arguement that putting a big(ger) lump of iron under the bonnet will ruin the handling. Isn't the WHOLE POINT of setting up a drift car to ruin the handling? Don't get me wrong, love teh drift - but how many mid or rear-engined cars do you see drifting? eh?

That's right - teh fooly sik drift needs a frontwards weight bias. Anyone worth their salt should be able to set the car up to drift at will with more weight between the front wheels. Remember that the V6 will be slightly shorter that the 4-cylinder, and have a lower centre of gravity. Both good things, surely?!?! We're not talking about 100kgs here - 20kg, maybe 40kg at worst. How much do people think an engine weighs anyway?

If people wanna slag someone for throwing up a slightly original idea, then that's their perogative I s'pose. Just don't dismiss it because it conflicts with your notions of what makes a "pure" AE86, and make up technical assumptions to back up your beliefs.
fangsport
Regular

January 2004
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sat, 08 January 2005 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 04:33

I don't fully understand the arguement that putting a big(ger) lump of iron under the bonnet will ruin the handling. Isn't the WHOLE POINT of setting up a drift car to ruin the handling? Don't get me wrong, love teh drift - but how many mid or rear-engined cars do you see drifting? eh?

That's right - teh fooly sik drift needs a frontwards weight bias. Anyone worth their salt should be able to set the car up to drift at will with more weight between the front wheels. Remember that the V6 will be slightly shorter that the 4-cylinder, and have a lower centre of gravity. Both good things, surely?!?! We're not talking about 100kgs here - 20kg, maybe 40kg at worst. How much do people think an engine weighs anyway?

If people wanna slag someone for throwing up a slightly original idea, then that's their perogative I s'pose. Just don't dismiss it because it conflicts with your notions of what makes a "pure" AE86, and make up technical assumptions to back up your beliefs.

exactly.

improved ae86 wrote:
As far as modifying from that JDM spec which never existed here , sure a buick v6 with a block dating back well before the ae86 i just seems to be a complete waste of time really . Mostly those engines do not survive over 200.000ks without lots of tlc > then if there get there once given a hard time for-sure they will spin all the cam bearings due the blocks warping easily with time . Not to even mention the countless rear main seal , sump sealing issues that even with countless changes buy the factory never did work for a great deal of time . Sure you can wash the engine down every service , but hardly worth it since the original engine didn't have those problems .

i take it as resd that you are fully conversant with these engines.the VN commonwhore manual lays down a 1/4 mile time as quick as a stock 86 and weighs 700kg more. my wagon will do in excess of 100mph in 3rd without getting close to the limiter. there are at least 5 of these engines in my circle of friends and none of them have the problems you state and all of them have 240k+ on the odometer(one has 400,000km on clock).

is it a challenge then? i'll put a dirty pre-historic V6 into my sprinter with out mid-mounting and see if it will keep up with a stock 4AG around the local track, as they are of similar HP outputs, just the torque figure will be way different.
jc80
Occasional Poster

October 2004

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sun, 09 January 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to back track a bit, i was reading the thread and gaint tomatto posted a pic of a suposed V6 conversion, the pic show a JE Camira witch is a 2L 4cyl engine, i know this coz i practicly rebuilt one, unless i forgot to put all the cylinders back in im certain thats a 4cyl
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sun, 09 January 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you would be one of these humour-impaired people I've heard about?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: commore v6 in to hachi Sun, 09 January 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gianttomato wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 00:10

I finally found a pic of the guy that did the V6 -> AE86 conversion! One guy even gives it the thumbs up!!
http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-6-1104197469.jpg

If you want to get picky, GT never said that the Camira in the pic was a Sprinter. He only mentioned something about Captain Stringbean in the singlet. Now, the big question is, just how serious was he being................
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rack & Pinion toe settings, camber added
Next Topic:*MELB* Who can build it?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:07:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080759525299072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.