Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anybody know how to fit windscreens?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Fri, 07 January 2005 23:44 Go to next message
Does anybody in here fit windscreens or know of where i can get them fitted to my car. I rang O'briens and got quoted $326 for them to come and fit front and rear. I would do it myself but i cracked the rear screen last time i tried. Mad

cheers

will
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Sat, 08 January 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on how they're held in place, do you have a rubber seal or mastic to seal them with?
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Sat, 08 January 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brand spankin new rubber seals. Very Happy
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Sat, 08 January 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where u located
bro in law used 2 fit windscreans 4 a living so maybe he will do you a deal as they say if you have all the gear Smile
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Sat, 08 January 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF is that price you got quoted!!!!!!!!!!!! tey these guys 0412 66 00 10
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Sat, 08 January 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rubber seals are easy:

1: Install the seal onto your freshly cleaned, or new windscreen
2: Run a bead of butyl mastic/windscreen sealer around the steel locking channel, and the glass locking channel.
3: Insert a rubber coated rope into the steel channel, with the two ends meeting at the middle on the bottom.
4: Lay the unit on the window frame, and get a mate to apply gentle pressure to the middle of the bottom of the windscreen.
5: Start easy the rope out - this will pull the rubber moulding out and over the window frame, with the mastic sealing the screen as you go. If you cannot pull the rope out easily, tell your mate to stop pushing so hard!
6: Work your way along the bottom with your mate following with pressure as to where you work.
7: As you get to the corners which become tighter, pull the rope in small circles to ease it out, around the corners - again, mild pressure from the exterior will send the screen home into position.
8: Continue this process all the way along until the screen is in and settled, then clean up the excess windscreen sealer.

Clint
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Sun, 09 January 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in Guildford. How Much would you Brother in Law charge to install them?
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Sun, 09 January 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm me your number pls and ill pass it onto him so he can call you and you two can decide whats a fair price so your both happy Smile
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Mon, 10 January 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
enquired and just got an answer back and im afraid its bad news mate
cant help you like i thought that i could as he just doenst have the time being state manager like he used to
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anybody know how to fit windscreens? Mon, 10 January 2005 22:41 Go to previous message
hey fade-e thanks for that number, i gave them a call and they are doing it on saturday morning for $160 total. Much better than the price from Obriens.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Volk TE37's for AE93 SX
Next Topic:aristo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:16:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048031806945801 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.