Toymods » Members Rides » decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 *NEW SUNSET PICS*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 *NEW SUNSET PICS* Fri, 07 January 2005 18:08 Go to next message
I now have 2 sprinters, 1 of which will be for sale very soon after some massive holdups.
This is the one that I am keeping:

- Resprayed black all over including engine bay 4? years ago,

- Jap spec tailights, levin dash (higher red-line and black in colour), levin diff with discs and LSD,

- Front lip (not sure where from)

- Momo steering wheel, retrimmed interior (roof lining needs to be redone) fluffy seat covers Laughing

- The car currently sits on Rays Bronzos 17" wheels, but soon some fat little 14 old school jap style wheels will find their way on there.

- The car has I think Pedders sports shocks and King low springs, but will be replaced with better suspension as money allows.

- 3.5" supercat cannon, which will probably be replaced with an inconspicuous 2" black tip. also has full custom extractors and exhaust.

- auspec 86kw 4age with pod filter, dynoed at 91hp atw Cool

It handles pretty well but needs a strut bar, and stiffer springs/shorter stroke shocks.
Im not 100% sure but I think that the LSD is very worn because its only marginally better than the single spinner in my other ae86. I think eventually I will replace it with a cusco 2 way.

It has basic stereo stuff with fusion/vdo splits up the back and front and a pioneer head, which does the job.

and the air con needs regassing... Crying or Very Sad

Future plans include maybe coilovers front and kyb short stroke shocks rear with tighter springs, cams, more suiting wheels (ssr or watanabes), the 2 way lsd, front strut brace, bigger rear swaybar, whiteline tail lights. And I would also like to install sigma control arms for a "bit" of camber. Twisted Evil

ahah but all this comes with money, and I have none.

http://img138.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img138&image=sprinter0036ww.jpg

http://img138.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img138&image=char5id.jpg

http://img138.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img138&image=char23pr.jpg

Sorry about the poor pics, I will take some new ones soon.
Enjoy!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 10:48]

Send a private message to this user    
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics dont work dude. sounds like a mean 86. lets see those pics
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics work, car looks very clean!

with some different wheels itll look fantastic, good work Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant c pics Sad
sounds 'fucking hot' but

Very Happy
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay fixing the problem now... its alright... if you know what I mean, the car is very "aussie" style which Im am not a fan of. Must.... make..... oldschool...... jap...... looking....

haha
peace Rolling Eyes
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay tell me if they work now?

and if not, right click on the corrupted image thing, get the URL (copy) and paste it into the browser and press enter, it will come up with the pics.

I'll change host soon

love all
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

No page exists at your destination address, but the deviantART home page should help you to find what you need.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decoyslikecurves wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 20:08

Okay fixing the problem now... its alright... if you know what I mean, the car is very "aussie" style which Im am not a fan of. Must.... make..... oldschool...... jap...... looking....

haha
peace Rolling Eyes

ahahah
'aussie style' bad
'jdm tyte yo' good
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay thats it, if the images dont work now, can I just email them to someone and they host them?

thankyou
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Sat, 08 January 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/photopost/data/500/13664sprinter0036ww.jpg
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Mon, 10 January 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn thats nice!!
It needs some side skirts tho... (just some subtle ones)
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Mon, 10 January 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate, The rays 17"'s are going soon and to be replaced by some watanabes/ssr's or alike. Anyone want to recommend rims?
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep those they look syk
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
recommend rims? Anything you can find! Finding SSR's and Watanabes in decent sizes and offsets for AE86s is a hard task.

I would probably say get some Konig Rewinds from T3 in the US. They would be the easiest way to source some dished rims in the right offset for an 86..
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I have been recommended them before, they look quite hot. How much do you think shipping will be to over here, considering they are 325$ american?
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are available in 15' now too I think

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 07:34]

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could get a set of 4 here for under $1000.
They come in 15s and in more colours now.

He is mostly out of stock at the moment, but should have more soon.
If I was you I would get a set of the 14s in Bronze, they would look hot with the black Smile
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offense to you or your ride decoyslikecurves, but rims with that sorta offset dont suit the AE86. Thats just my personal opinion.

You need dish baby, bigger the better.

Looks sweet thou, just need dish?
You seem to be searching like for rims. Rims make the car (sort of)

Good luck, did you do any work yourself.

Cheers

Steve
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahaha Laughing Yeah I am getting some sweet, fat little rims. Just have to find some. How about suspension? Right now it has stupid king low shocks and pedders sport shocks, and its going to be too high with 14s or 15s on it, so I need something that is nice and stiff... stiff is good. Anyone recommend anything reasonably priced?

thankyou
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so your running kings shocks and also pedders shocks
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Tue, 11 January 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh... Embarassed King low springs and pedder shocks. I really dont like it, it's like riding a big lump of jelly.

Sorry Im way too tired tonight..
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Wed, 12 January 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u pm me details and price of the other sprinter you want to sell. pics to johnmarone@hotmail.com would be good too if u have any.

cheers

Choony

PS: whats ur location?
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Wed, 02 March 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got some new pics of the car with some kind of datsun 14x7's rear and roh reflex's front. Soon to be really nice old school jap wheels (read ssr mk2/xr4's etc)

Also coming is trd suspension from japan. hooray. and also a lsd rebuild kit from T3 usa

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/gtr_gaga/PICT0125.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/gtr_gaga/PICT0123.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/gtr_gaga/PICT0111.jpg

Peace fellas.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 10:45]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 *NEW SUNSET PICS* Wed, 02 March 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice hachi! What part of brisbane are you in? I'm always keen to meet fellow sprinter owners.
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 *NEW SUNSET PICS* Wed, 02 March 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not in brisbane... Im on the sunshine coast, about 40 minutes drive from brisbane. But Im sometimes there for certain duties or drift days etc Smile

I think we should organise an ae86 cruise sometime... Get all the 86s in the brissie/goldcoast/sunshinecoast and surrounding areas to do a day thing... the biggest 86 meet in QLD history.

haha
Well thats my idea anyway.
Yeah Next time I'm heading down to brisbane, I'll give you a PM and meet you somewhere.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Wed, 02 March 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decoyslikecurves wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 21:44

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/gtr_gaga/PICT0123.jpg

watch out for the bird shit Laughing

Those rims at the back are nice.
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 Wed, 02 March 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm....stealth

very nice Smile
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: decoyslikecurves's (gavins) ae86 *NEW SUNSET PICS* Thu, 03 March 2005 15:12 Go to previous message
Another pic, was out with a mate tonight for a bit of slidey slidey... so my car is pretty dirty in this pic, also, you can see how much it needs to be lower... I wonder how much lower it will sit with the trd springs and kyb short shocks... Anyone know?

mates silvia is sr20de hks hyper d coilovers alround with cambertop fronts and viscous lsd (yes, the lsd works very well)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/gtr_gaga/PICT0157.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ahhhh another UZS131 Crown
Next Topic:Spectre's RA28
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:11:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062069892883301 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.