Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Thu, 06 January 2005 04:17 Go to next message
hey guys i while back there was mention of rare spares doing mould kits for the '22... well i went there today to investigate and it is all after market fabrication and none of it fits perfect.

everything they sell requires some mods to get it in there perfect by either shortening it or gluing someong else to get it right... for example the mould that goers around the door itself is ONLY the strap itself and therefore you would need to cut the ends (where the screws go) off the original and glue it on to their one

also the mould for the quarter window is heaps longer and needs to be cut down and does not have the screw part atr the bottom

so for everyone out there thats the go so you can decide what you want to do with the moulds... im still not sure if TOYOTA have any original moulds but i am currently sourcing some elsewhere and will let everyone know how i go

cheers

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:58]

Send a private message to this user    
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only one I found to be a problem was the lower door seal which needed to be cut and rejoined to the old ends. The roof rail seals were great, the glass divider seals did need to be cut, however you can still put the screw back in them by just poking a pinhole in the rubber at the right point, while the boot seal was fine (did need to be cut but this made no difference).

If you found the lower door seals with the ends I'd be interested!
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am currently investigating other options at the moment and will post here once i have found something good...

i dont want to be cutting or gluing anything! if it dont fit or is not right then i really dont want it cause i dont have time to be fiddling with this too much

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:57]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: TA22 rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres spectrumrubber.com.au and scottsoldautorubber.com.au/

i think they source from same as rare spares though
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i was speaking to the guy from rare spares for bout 1/2 hr yesterday bout this and he was telling me that they get them made in melbourne. they make them themselves (www.rarespares.net.au)

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 01:46]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: TA22 rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
talk to siktoy, he got some from spectrumrubber for his ra23

not sure if he has fit them yet though
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ther isnt all that much stuffing around mate,especially when a little bit of cutting can equate to saving a couple o hundred bukks!!
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might have found someone that gets all original moulds (not from toyota i believe but exact replicas) for almost half the price of rare spares and no need for the stuff around.. so i am going to see how i go with that and let everyone know once i have come to a satisfactory conclusion if it is worthwhile for every one here

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:48]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 21:29

i might have found someone that gets all original moulds (not from toyota i believe but exact replicas) for almost half the price of rare spares and no need for the stuff around.. so i am going to see how i go with that and let everyone know once i have come to a satisfactory conclusion if it is worthwhile for every one here

Good job Smile
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mate i have been helped out on the forums so much that it is the least i can do for everyone else... i just hope its not gonna turn out sour Confused

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:47]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No sourness here, its all sweetness Very Happy
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Fri, 07 January 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 22:33

fade-e wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 21:29

Good job Smile

Yeh good luck mate,as I will be stocking up big time aswell..
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Sat, 08 January 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mate same problem here, sourced all replacement rubbers through rare spares and specrum, front and rear windows fitted fine but the door and window seals are shit. Also the seals that go along the window at the top of the door to stop water getting in. Nothing fits right.

Very interested to hear how your source of replacement seals turns out .

Cheers
Joel
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Sat, 08 January 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to keep all updated i have finalised with the source and all looks very good *fingers crossed*... they apparenly have stock for celicas 70-79 or whatever, basically xA22/23/28

i have been having long conversatoins with them in respect to ensuring its the right stuff and not requiring mods to get fitted and what not... iv been in conversing with them for the last few weeks and trying to organise pics of all the TA22 stuff they can supply among other little bits and pieces that they get aswell

i am trying to negotiate a COD of the order with the option to return if not what i need... but thats where we are failing in negotiations... so i am gonna try and offer to pay for delivery and return charges if not what i want (which is just under a couple hundred AUD) and final payment on delivery if all good... i just dont want to pay big amounts and get rorted by not getting delivery or getting completely wrong moulds... im willing to lose $200 then $800-1000

also there are a couple issues... with one of the moulds as they appartrently supply 2 types. it turns out that the original LTs have a smaller rear windscreen than the GTs... does anyone here know if this is true or not? cause i dont!!! Confused

the other issue is that i am trying to find out if this is remaining stock or if they can continue supply for all as they mentioned some things are low/NO stock

anyway there are always small hick ups but im sure i can get round this with a bit more talk Very Happy but due to the weekend here i cant do anymore till next week so ill come back nex week with an update for all... PRAY FOR ME Laughing well keep your fingers crossed at least Smile

EDIT: oh yeah they state that they can get some of the chrome mouldings as well WOOHOO

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:28]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: TA22 rubber moulds Sat, 08 January 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the GT and LT windscreen rubbers are different for some reason. I have no idea what the difference is but I know the Toyota part numbers are different.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Sat, 08 January 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they are saying that the GT is ever so slightly bigger... well ill get back to you all on this next week once more info is available

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:27]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys as i said before i have pics of the seals they can get... in the pics they look like they are originals but GOD knows if these are fake pics of whatever but this is hat they sent me...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ta22rebuild/

they are all JPEGs and 3 may require a bit of direction to the program to use to view them...

let me know what you guys think???

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:26]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah bit hard to tell by the photos isn't it.

The door seals look the goods though, have the clips to hold them in along with the moulded end bits that spectrum/rare spares dont have.

The roof line one though, im sure on my 28 the end that goes between the front and rear glass has a moulded end on it. Maybe TA22 is different there?

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 04:30]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the problem... iv been talking to them mainly bout the '22 cause thats what i got but i also mentioned bout the '23s and '28s and thats what they sent...

the roof lining i believe is for 71-75 models
the quarter window divider is for 70-77 models

ill try and get more info for you non '22 guys on next contact

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:25]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The company you are talking to those parts about actually has on offer a few other bits n pieces I might be interested in ordering if a large order does go through..
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dont want to do a group thing cause im not sure if its all good... im taking the risk myself and getting what i need only and if it all works out then everyone else get the benefits of group buys and what not...

im not fussed in saving $50-$100 off my order but if i can guarantee the stuff and everyone else benefits in any savings organised then GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Yes they do have all sorts of stuff... they have the metal clips for the chrmoe moulds around the windscreens, they also have some chrome pieces themselves, used parts in excellent nic, new interior parts and bits and pieces... but my main concern ATM are the rubbers...

im just trying to be safe before giving everyone the place to go cause i dont want to be the cause of problemns if it doesnt work out... thats why if i get everything with no issues then i can give people the info without worrying about people getting ripped and rorted cuase i would have had a successful purchase to back me

EDIT: on top of that my order has been put throgh for every rubber needed except for the boot mould as i have a brand new one here... payment has been organised and have been advised that delivery will be 2-3weeks Shocked so ill keep you all updated but it may be a while before any real news comes through

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:25]

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow this all sounds excellent! those rubbers look amazing.

as far as i am aware the gt rear windscreen is different because of the rooflining which was that vacume moulded cardboard stuff with the gt ok guage. the moulding is different so it allows the lining to be held in place.

i could be wrong but this is what i have been told from someone in america.

Daniel
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow this thread is god Shocked
I really need a full rubber kit for when i paint my car in a few weeks/months...

What is the price that you paid for the full kit? just out of curiosity so i can start saving!

I forgot to mention have a TA22 Fade-e when you get the delivery would you mind if i came round to have a look as i want to see it all i could probably give you a hand putting it in if ya wanted Im at croydon near burwood are you far from there???

Cheers

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 08:22]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ozboy wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 19:19

wow this thread is god Shocked
I really need a full rubber kit for when i paint my car in a few weeks/months...

What is the price that you paid for the full kit? just out of curiosity so i can start saving!

I forgot to mention have a TA22 Fade-e when you get the delivery would you mind if i came round to have a look as i want to see it all i could probably give you a hand putting it in if ya wanted Im at croydon near burwood are you far from there???

Cheers

i live in birrong and i dont mind if you came past... first it has to come so im still a bit sceptical till it arrives... without the boot mould but with a couple other small bits it came to just under $800... this includes delivery too and compared with rare spares aftermarket ones that arent completely right is a F!@KING BARGAIN IMHO!!!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:24]

jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: TA22 rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am also very interested, i need a full set for my 28, let us know how they go
jesse
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
70s Celica rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iv changed the topic to that above since this has gone from a TA22 thread to old skool celica thread... hopefully this will get more celica owners to the thread and generate more interest for all
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Wed, 12 January 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Munki, You are correct about the GT rubbers being different to the LT due to the head lining, This applies only to the TA's
the RA28 doesn't have the roof mount ESP monitor.

Good work on the rubbers. If all goes well I smell A group buy!!
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Sat, 15 January 2005 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
latest news is that i have been advised that my order has just been shipped, therefore i should expect them in 2 weeks or so... so ill be back on this thread early to mid feb to let you guys know whats happened
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Sat, 15 January 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do these guys deal in any later model parts?
such as xA6x?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Sat, 15 January 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey draven they do almost everything oldskool... basically celica/supra/corolla/corona/sprinters... im just not sure on reliability which is why i am taking the initial risk (i guess you can say that) before releasing all the info and stuff
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Tue, 18 January 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the time has come Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy it only took 1 week from date of postage to get to me rather the the expected 2 weeks as was told... the rubbers are awsome and all PERFECT not one issue with any of them and they are all GENUINE too WOOHOO... what i ordered was the following: -

Front Windsheild Weatherstrip
Rear Windsheild Weatherstrip (the ST one is what you need unless you have an original GT)
Door Seal Weatherstrips x2
Outer Belt Moulding Front x2
Roof Line Weatherstrip x2
Quarter Window Seal Celica Coupe x2
Interior Door Handle Bezels x2

these all up cost me $750AUD including delivery, delivery was bout $100AUD so the stuff actually cost me $650AUD which is just over $400AUD saving compared to rare spares and no stuffing around required AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now for the good stuff and all the details required... the guys name is Rick, excellent bloke and was VERY VERY helpful... answered all Qs and removed most doubt from my head... he has been in operation for 3yrs now and states that he prides himself on honesty and i have received nothing but honesty from him during our transaction... the only method of payments he accepts are PAYPAL & Western Union money transfers, unfortuneately he does not do COD to Australia... he is located in America and can get a whole range of stuff for classic cars... so people i have taken the leap and have been VERY VERY successful in dealing with Rick and now want to pass on to everyone else... i am not sure what he would do in respect to group buys but i guess if someone takes the initiative and chats with him you will find out... the website you need to go to is http://www.toyheadauto.com

so my experience has been excellent with him and am recommending him to all... hopefully you all will be as pleased as i am...
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Tue, 18 January 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome find fade-e, wouldnt be hard getn a group buy for some of that stuff he has there

even got hood hinges and the celica script badges are at a good price too

nice work Cool
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Tue, 18 January 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh Rick is a good guy,I have dealt with him on a few occasions,highly recomended. Id be keen to do a group buy on some of the rubbers..
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Tue, 18 January 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id definately be in on a group buy.
do you think there would be discount for a group buy??
Gazza53
Regular

August 2004
Re: 70s Celica rubber moulds Tue, 18 January 2005 07:21 Go to previous message
This guys got some awesome bits, thanks for the contact/work
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AIR FILTER??
Next Topic:early model tercel. does any one know the model code/number?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 05:43:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082600116729736 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.