Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
granmra40
Occasional Poster

August 2004
icon5.gif  have U noticed Fri, 07 January 2005 00:08 Go to next message
Recently I have noticed the amount (many, many Confused) of late model cars without all brake lights working. Some I know are up up in the $40K bracket. I find this hard to understand as I have had many cars, nothing later than '79, and never had to replace a bulb. Have I been lucky? Is everything today designed to crumble and break? And why should I have a rego check every year? I make sure that everything works, I would not have it any other way Cool .
  Send a private message to this user    
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: have U noticed Fri, 07 January 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
granmra40 wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 11:08

And why should I have a rego check every year? I make sure that everything works, I would not have it any other way Cool .

Because 90%+ of the driving population probably don't care at all... it's to keep them in line. I much prefer the NSW system of having a rego check every 12 months, than the crazy Vic or SA system of only getting a RWC when you sell the car. No wonder there are so many shitboxes down there.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: have U noticed Fri, 07 January 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, My rear stop light was not working when I bought my car, but then, its just a globe, its not like toyota make them hahaa. I notice Falcons alot have this problem.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: have U noticed Fri, 07 January 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 08:34

I much prefer the NSW system of having a rego check every 12 months, than the crazy Vic or SA system of only getting a RWC when you sell the car. No wonder there are so many shitboxes down there.

What about WA.
We only have checks when you get a yellow sticker...
wazzabp
Regular

July 2004
Re: have U noticed Fri, 07 January 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have actually noticed this myself,and headlights seem to be a problem as well.Wonder if it has something to do with the amout of electronics in a later car to an earlier one?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: have U noticed Fri, 07 January 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whilst a brake light out does give me the shits i'll just merge away from the person. the thing which shits me the most is rear fog lights which people leave on without knowing that they are on. makes it hard to tell if they are braking or not. Mad
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: have U noticed Fri, 07 January 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 12:43

whilst a brake light out does give me the shits i'll just merge away from the person. the thing which shits me the most is rear fog lights which people leave on without knowing that they are on. makes it hard to tell if they are braking or not. Mad

Actually I think you'll find that it is not the foglight that gives you the shits... its a hereditory hatred for anything Hyundai.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: have U noticed Fri, 07 January 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 14:04

Actually I think you'll find that it is not the foglight that gives you the shits... its a hereditory hatred for anything Hyundai.

Oh man , those things give me headaches , are they on automatically wit hthew normal lights , or do retards just turn them on and leave them on.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: have U noticed Sat, 08 January 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i remember this guy has no tail light working Confused the only thing that worked was his LED brake light in his rear wing
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: have U noticed Sat, 08 January 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah people with tail lights that are out really annoy me, even more so it people with headlights out, i mean its pretty obvious when one headlight doesn't work right. And as for the rear foglights on hyundai's, they are now set up so you have to turn them on when u want to use them, thankfully.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: have U noticed Sat, 08 January 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whilst hyundai ones are bad i find that BMW's, saabs etc are fucking bright and more annoying due to the fact that they have two that are mounted within the standard light fittings
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: have U noticed Sat, 08 January 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a co-worker who drives a saab with fog lights on... DURING THE DAY Razz

also another thing that gets me is engine tune ups, i mean come on, their engine is going klak klak klak klak klak klak and they wonder why u have to call racv within the week Mad
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: have U noticed Sat, 08 January 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hear some cars driving around with the most unhealthy sounding engines, it always crosses my mind whether they actually notice that the car is diriving like crap and sounds like it's about to fall apart.

The other obvious answer to that is $$$ if the car still moves and you need your money to buy food then the car can wait, unfortunately usually leaving problems like that only makes them worse.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: have U noticed Sat, 08 January 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I challenge anyone to find a VL commodore with all its stop/tail lights working!! Razz
even the people that have clearly spend $$$$ on modding the car still wont have them all working..
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: have U noticed Sun, 09 January 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=DiZ_ wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 17:41]
Toobs wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 14:04

are they on automatically wit hthew normal lights , or do retards just turn them on and leave them on.

they have a seperate switch that comes on when the headlights are on.

if you think driving behind a car with only the lights on the spoiler working try driving behind a tarago driving by a japanese toursit looking guy. whilst in heavy stop start traffic when you are on your Ls
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: have U noticed Sun, 09 January 2005 03:36 Go to previous message
Aust162 wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 18:26

I challenge anyone to find a VL commodore with all its stop/tail lights working!! Razz
even the people that have clearly spend $$$$ on modding the car still wont have them all working..

amen to that, should take them all off the road.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota to take on the Aussie V8 Supercars?
Next Topic:Grandma Burn-outs video
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 01:51:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047280788421631 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.