Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Camry SV21 Sat, 08 January 2005 10:48 Go to next message
hey guys i just found this forum and i am CAMRY mad, and it is contageous ill tell you why in a little while.

Well i got my car when i turned 18 i was never a car guy, as long as i got from A to B and back i was happy, all i wanted was a manual car tht was reliable, cheap to run and a stronge build. so after some reshearch i decided on a gen 2 SV21 Camry, my mates laughed at me, and now 2 of them got rid of there astra and magna and now drive the same car as me, lol.

When i 1st drove it i was very surprised, drove really well and it had gutts. now days she has a K&N extreame Flow pod filter, heavy duty clutch, and a 2 inch cat back exhaust. the exhuast was risky as i had no idea what it would sound like, but im happy i done it, it sounds really beasty for a old 4cyc.

As for power she is great, rapes lancers and most other 4cyc cars, even goes very well against my mates done up TR-X (with many more mods than this), i have even given stock VL's a good run, never won but happy with the results.

anyway thats my story, i will post pics soon, she not much to look at, but ah well.
  Send a private message to this user    
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Sat, 08 January 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fully Bro, Fully.

Rolling Eyes
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 09 January 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, just wait untill you go for a ride in a real car. You'll look back at your camry and hate it.
But none the less, good on you for sensibly modding a car, even if it is a camry. Just stay clear of rice and your set, maybe a 3sgte conversion in the future hey, uber sleeper
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 09 January 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah i wont ever think that. i enjoy the challenge, i mean anyone can go out and buy a fast car. well at the moment im looking into getting parts from the 3sgte. my mate said he spoke to some one who swaped the crank shaft, pistons and borred it out to a 2.2lt and in the end ended up with about 102kw, so thats pretty good. id be happy with that. bu i do aim for higher. the only thing that pisses me off about the car is the lack of option to the exterior, only thing i can find is a pissy rear spoiler. and what do ya mean by "rice"?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 09 January 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have one as well there an awsome car if you ask me. I have had two cars A 1981 WB Holden ute and a 1989 Toyota Camry with the 3S-FE motor and by NO MEANS is a slow car. it piss balls my WB ute.I have managed to beat a few standard VL's with mine (standard of cause). Don't know if it has anything done to mine but. As I haven't touched the motor sceince I have owned the car. does yours churp second gear when you change from 1st to 2nd while revving first out past 4,500rpm? my ute wouldn't and it wasn't slow for what it was either. (both cars have been very good too me) I haven't seen a stocko SV21 yet that hasn't been able too beat most stocko 4-cyl's on the road yet. Don't listen too the Dickheads who say there shit. My mates old man had one that had a bit of head work done to it and it was faster then mine and flogged alot of later model Commodores and Falcons (still the 3S-FE motor). too people out there who think Camrys are shit because they drive a faster car well there is always going too be a faster car then yours and more reliable (reliable as in Camry) oh and I have driven in a "real car" you tell me a VH Commodore that does the quater mile in 12.6 sec slow (street registed too)

rice is fake performance. example huge arse wings ,more show then actual go etc
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 09 January 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah ive always had a thing for these Camrys.I'll admit now that the auto's are slow as hell but im sure that the manual can do better.Dont really see why people bag them so much its a nice car all-round.Now my mates all drive nice performance cars (180sx,supra etc) so I can notice the difference but it provides a smooth ride. Very Happy
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 09 January 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate has an auto sv21 ultima, the 'luxury' model so its about 200k heavyier, has the same mods as mine, mine is faster cause its manual. but his is still very good, and knocks off lancers quite easily. fo some reason his exhuast is a bit louder though
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 09 January 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mum and dad have an auto SV20 1s-ci. it's slower off the mark then mine. (alot more slower then my 3S-FE manual) but isn't too bad on the highway, has pretty good response with the 4-spd overdrive. that cars been in the family for 12 years and still is running great today. a very realible car in my book. CS-X, my parents Camry is louder then mine as well. both have standard exhaust. the auto must have a deeper note for some reason?? Confused where as my manual is silent as. Except the stereo Very Happy. yeah it's stupid how people bagg them out saying their shit when in reallity they would be one of the most reliable and ecconomical cars getting around. I'd take it your Camry is a CS-X by your user name. mines a model down mines a CS
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 09 January 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They camery is a good economical car to get you from a to b.

Just dont expect to get away cheaply when the
a) power steering stops working (bahaha dont try and get the rack out of 1 of these things without a large back pocket and many cans of coke/beer Laughing )
b) head gasket goes (the heads on the Sv21's are pritty crappy compaired to some of the others in the toyota range, and dont like the heat_at_all.. they warp nice and easily)
c) timing chain descides to have a spazum and break / Needs to be replaced becase its old.... this is a bitch of a job, im not going to even start.

but apart from the featureless under-designed exteriour, mass-produced general grey cheap plastic interiour and watered down 3S motor, they are a good car.

Take all the pin striping / bump stops / sticker crap off the side of them, get some nice wheels and tint them, and they actually come up pritty nicely! Such a shame that most of them are frekin auto's... but you get that in a family/granparents transporter vehicle.

$0.02

Oh btw, good luck with your car - like all toyotas, you look after it, and it will look after you Smile.. Just dont expect a 10+ yr old car to be faultless Smile
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 10 January 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy_Csx wrote on Mon, 10 January 2005 10:45

They camery is a good economical car to get you from a to b.

Just dont expect to get away cheaply when the
a) power steering stops working (bahaha dont try and get the rack out of 1 of these things without a large back pocket and many cans of coke/beer Laughing )
b) head gasket goes (the heads on the Sv21's are pritty crappy compaired to some of the others in the toyota range, and dont like the heat_at_all.. they warp nice and easily)
c) timing chain descides to have a spazum and break / Needs to be replaced becase its old.... this is a bitch of a job, im not going to even start.

but apart from the featureless under-designed exteriour, mass-produced general grey cheap plastic interiour and watered down 3S motor, they are a good car.

Take all the pin striping / bump stops / sticker crap off the side of them, get some nice wheels and tint them, and they actually come up pritty nicely! Such a shame that most of them are frekin auto's... but you get that in a family/granparents transporter vehicle.

$0.02

Oh btw, good luck with your car - like all toyotas, you look after it, and it will look after you Smile.. Just dont expect a 10+ yr old car to be faultless Smile

I know of two examples that have gone more then 400,000kms and never had to have the head gasket replaced. mines copped a hiding at times and it has never overheated. (did you check your oil and water? no. then what do you expect) I do happen too have owned one which I have had for the past 2 years and have done 41,000kms with the car all still runs well.

Timming belts are ment too be servied every 100,000kms as written in service manuals. if you didn't know timming belts have too be replaced every now and again. the older toyotas have to have theres replaced at 80,000km

they didn't all come out with a grey interior mines brown. mum and dads is brown. and there are ones with blue interiors.
I have grown up with these cars and can tell you now you don't where problems go wrong with them.

Look for things like rust in window sils, manauls cruching into second gear when changing down from thrid, Air con can be dear to get fixed, oh and the problem every SV20,SV21 and SV22 seems too have bent needles in the dash, always look for a history of servicing as with any car

my two cents

and the SV21 is abit older them 10 years old and there are more manuals getting around

Editted for the Comments I made I am truely sorry

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 14:45]

CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i must agree with mick on all he has said. i have the grey interior and that looks great, my mate has the blue and thats fantastic. my 1990 has done 225,000k (give or take) the engine is dry as, not one oil leak, the only thing i have replaced in 4 years of owning the car is the altinator, that was the original one and the guy who refurbished it did not beleive it was the original one as it had done over 200,000k. oh i do lie a little i did have the manual trans refurbished and the cluctch re-done but that all depends on the driver. since i got this car i have driven her hard. 80% of the time i wont change gears till its in the very high revs. i know thats no good, but thats how i drive. and she loves it, lol. my fiance had a 1992 TR magna from the start that car had problems and she hardly drove it cause we always went in the SV21. oh the magna was a 2.6-2.7? im not sure and i still kicked her ass in my 2.0! at the moment even with the slight mods i get 12k per litre of fuel highway and about 10k per litre city, now i think thats damn good for the age and power of the car, and for how i drive it. Parts on all toyotas are not cheap every man and their dog knows that, and thats because they are quality. i was told by the RACV that according to their records toyotas are the most reliable as they get the least amount of calls for roadside assistance.

oh and the camry was made to compeate with the magna and accord, and now its in direct comp with the commodore's and falcons. while mitsubishi is down the bottom hanging on just above hyundai.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 00:11]

Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a question

How can you expect a stock family economical car to perform like a sports car ?
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ge_x wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 11:35

Just a question

who said anything about them performing like a sports car?
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"As for power she is great, rapes lancers and most other 4cyc cars, even goes very well against my mates done up TR-X (with many more mods than this), i have even given stock VL's a good run, never won but happy with the results. "
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont get what you mean? what i said there was fact, its beats lancers, and alot of other 4cyc cars, and is even with my mates TR-X. and i am happy with how it goes agaisnt stock VL's considering the difference in them. i did not say anything that i expect it to perform like a sports car
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh..Lancers arnt Sports cars Rolling Eyes

I had one as my first car, was ok, I remeber having a few runs. Beat my cousins Paseo, and Twin Cam Corolla (88 Model).
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not a fan of lancer, acctualy not a fan of any mitsubishi. as long as my sv21 beats lancers im happy, lol
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah lancer are you eco car Razz

evo's are differant

if you know your car just a people mover dont dont say shit when other people try to tell you it
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ge_x wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 17:47

yah lancer are you eco car Razz

evo's are differant

if you know your car just a people mover dont dont say shit when other people try to tell you it

what the hell are you on about?
1. i never said my car was a sports car
2. i never told anyone it wasnt, i was just trying to make sense of what the hell you are on about.
3. i agree it is not a sports car, but for what it is it goes very well.
4. you brought up all this talk about sports cars.

or has my computer gone crazy and writing in another language?
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

you bragging about how you Camry is beating all the lancers o_^
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huh, i never bragged about it, all i said was that it beats lancers so im happy, because you get alot of tools in lancers thinking they are top shit in a fast car because they think its an evo. and its good to beat them in my camry, as alot of people do not think twice about camry's when it comes to performance. and as KOFFEE-BLACK said lancers are not sports cars, so why did you bring up the subject of sports cars?
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dearest CS-X;
Ive said it before. And ill say it again.

http://www.mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/nobody-cares.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 09:51]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy_Csx wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 20:50

Dearest CS-X;
Ive said it before. And ill say it again.

http://www.mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/nobody-cares.jpg

so why did you have to put in your opinion you hypocrite!! Go play with your grans car
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Granny has a brand new lancer, auto with chrome hubcaps too Laughing - not my cup of tea

Ok, ill try and explain what you didnt understand.

"Timming belts are ment too be servied every 100,000kms as written in service manuals. if you didn't know timming belts have too be replaced every now and again. the older toyotas have to have theres replaced at 80,000km once again you don't know."

Now, i was trying to get the point across that SOME (NOT ALL) SOME of the Sv21's had a problem with timing belts going to the shitz Looong before the recomended replacment date.

"they didn't all come out with a grey interior mines brown. mum and dads is brown. and there are ones with blue interiors."

I was just saying how they were mass produced and lacking of any sort of *hey the looks good* style - and when i said "general grey cheap plastic interiour" - it was a generalize-ation for them, no need to get all huffy over it lol

"I beat my 3S is better then that shitty old KE70 in you Avitar"

lol, not that im anialy rentientive about people saying stuff about my car, but coming from an SV21 driver of ALL toyota drivers, i dont think u even have a toe to stand on... do go and have a look @ my car in the members rides section. When you say "i beat my 3S is better" - welp, im so glad you know it. After all, its newer, its more modern, its larger - so guess what! how the hell can you compair an Sv21 to a Ke70? Go back to your garage and druel over your personal FWD piece of plastic ricey,ugly trash.

"Mate. I have grown up with these cars and can tell you now you don't where problems go wrong with them"

Yeah, i can tell - thats all you have been around for too long. Try working on them for real, you may be suprized how much you could learn. Shock horror.

"Look for things like rust in window sils, manauls cruching into second gear when changing down from thrid, Air con can be dear to get fixed, oh and the problem every SV20,SV21 and SV22 seems too have bent needles in the dash, always look for a history of servicing as with any car"

Well done, i feel some more positive re-enforcment seeping from within. What you have listed is very valid, but each car has a different history, different living conditions..etc But because i cbf doing any hard research on this one, and its late, ill give you the general benifite of the doubt to say "the problems you listed are a common thing with most sv's. Com-pra-hendi?

"and the SV21 is abit older them 10 years old and there are more manuals getting around"

So there should be...i just remember you distincly telling us all "manauls cruching into second gear when changing down from thrid" -> Sounds like a design fault more than anything...

To CS-X -> no hard feelings, i was only mucking around with the pic.. i wish you good luck with your camery, you appear to know the history of the car well which is always a good thing for future relaible car service.

Mick -> dont get me started; again...

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 13:14]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ge_x wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 11:35

Just a question

Ask that too every one who does up a Falcon or Commodore. there family cars too or did you forget Rolling Eyes and what do you drive?

this is the sort of shit that ruins anyone wanting to moddify or do up cars. is the self opinionated "know it alls" who crittise someone for his choise in car and yet drive a car thats in worse nic then his. I can tell if CS-X is telling the truth or not as I have driven and owned these cars. they are not a sports car buy anymeans. but are not slow either( I have driven alot slower cars then them). the 3S-FE motor powered two sports cars as well (Celica and MR2).the 1987 onwards Camry's are designed for family use. but like anything. you can make it go fast if you have the money and know what you are doing. I hate most Commodores on the road but you don't hear me going up too a Commodore owner and saying "why would you bother"(unless he shit stirs first). It's idiots like this who really need too get a life!!
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

"this is the sort of shit that ruins anyone wanting to moddify or do up cars. is the self opinionated "know it alls" who crittise someone for his choise in car "

id hardly say
"Just a question

How can you expect a stock family economical car to perform like a sports car ?"

was a put down ?

Confused

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy_Csx wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 00:18

"this is the sort of shit that ruins anyone wanting to moddify or do up cars. is the self opinionated "know it alls" who crittise someone for his choise in car "

id hardly say
"Just a question

How can you expect a stock family economical car to perform like a sports car ?"

was a put down ?

Confused

he was picking on him about his Camry being able to beat Lancers

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy_Csx wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 10:03

Fully Bro, Fully.

Rolling Eyes

this a great complement!
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick : ...yes.....

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh im suprized you have nothing more to say to my responce 6 posts up ? surely im not 100% correct.. as i dont actually own an Sv21 and all... Laughing
Xany
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 10:54

I beat my 3S is better then that shitty old KE70 in you Avitar.

Oh I have driven a KE70 now theres a true example of a grannies Toyota that Laughing . takes over 10secs for it get 60km/h up hill (and thats trying!) very guttless auto in them. but a good a to b car.

ok....what we have here....is a fellow who thinks his car (sv21 camry) can beat a worked 4K, mate.....wake up to yourself....

i've actually never heard of anyone into cars not wanting to get more power out of their car, just because some fuckwit has his opinion on it. If you were a normal human being you wouldn't give a shit about other peoples opinions, as long as you are happy.

.....also on another note....

you may think a ke70 is a grannys car.....however thats your opinion, quite frankly if you spend a little money on the motor, you can get some quite nice power out of them.....enough to beat a FWD camry, and MOST stock 4clys.

my 1.5L KE55 rolla would beat your arse into the ground, and then some....

so keep your comments to yourself or i may have to show you the truth.

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry my mistake I thought you where saying they where shit

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 14:28]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xany wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 01:05

mick wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 10:54

I beat my 3S is better then that shitty old KE70 in you Avitar.

Oh I have driven a KE70 now theres a true example of a grannies Toyota that Laughing . takes over 10secs for it get 60km/h up hill (and thats trying!) very guttless auto in them. but a good a to b car.

ok....what we have here....is a fellow who thinks his car (sv21 camry) can beat a worked 4K, mate.....wake up to yourself....

i've actually never heard of anyone into cars not wanting to get more power out of their car, just because some fuckwit has his opinion on it. If you were a normal human being you wouldn't give a shit about other peoples opinions, as long as you are happy.

.....also on another note....

you may think a ke70 is a grannys car.....however thats your opinion, quite frankly if you spend a little money on the motor, you can get some quite nice power out of them.....enough to beat a FWD camry, and MOST stock 4clys.

my 1.5L KE55 rolla would beat your arse into the ground, and then some....

so keep your comments to yourself or i may have to show you the truth.

quicker doesn't mean better. where did I say mine was faster then his??

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 14:33]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry CS-X Teddy I thought you where saying there a shit car I take back Comments

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 14:34]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 14:49]

Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 11 January 2005 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ATM I'm currently working on a 4AGZE into a Ae71 Very Happy I'm almost 16 so i can't drive Razz in QLD so the driving age is 16 9 months but i hope to finish it before than and get my CAMS

--VV-- see thread

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 21:37]

CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it comes down to money, if you have the money to spend you can make the shittest car the fastest, look at toyota starlet, put a turbo in one of them and they are one of the fastest things out. i never said my car was the fastest thing on the road. i myself had no idea how they drove i just wanted one cause i was told alot of good things about them. i myself, like all toyotas, from echo to tarago. if its a toyota its got 2 thumbs up in my book. and personly i do prefer a FWD car, much better in the wet and around corners. look at all the cars that get rapped around poles or tree's 99% of them are RWD. but hey thats my personal liking. dont mean anyone is wrong. but i really, the car in teddy_csx avitar, is pretty hideous. how can you say the SV21 is a "piece of plastic ricey,ugly trash" maybe your just stuck in the 80's? SV21 may not be the best looking car on the road, but it also is not the uglyest. you dont like the SV21 thats fine, my whole argument was about when ge_X said about sports cars, thats made no sense.
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about you have a look at some good piX of it

click my sig.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I probablly did go over board saying his car was shit but still I think there was no need for some of his comments.(such as they have shitty heads Rolling Eyes ). this is why I fired up. personally myself if I wanted a fast car I would of gone out and brought a WRX.(not a SV21 or a AE71, both aren't even sports cars). also too any one who braggs about betting stock 4cyl's with a "worked 4K" I must say it mustn't be all that quick if you have too race standard 4cyls. wake up too yourself. I never said It would beat a 4K just that a 3S-FE is a better motor.

All I have too say is that the motors must not of been that bad as he claimed in the Camry as the Celicas,MR2s,Rav4s and I think the Spacier may have had them too? (motor was still being produced in the RAV4s untill resently) so the 3S-FE is a proven little motor. and by no means are watered down.
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mick, main reason for my post is just to show that no matter what type of toyota it is they are all good, and that the camry deserves alot more respect then what it gets when it comes to performance. end of story.
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote "but i really, the car in teddy_csx avitar, is pretty hideous."

lol what do you expect for a 200x180 pixel picture dude...

I will explain my worked 4k. Why? So you know what it is.

Rebuilt 4K bottom end, slightly bored out. Ballenced out bottom end with all new parts + double timing chain. New hicomp pistons, conrods, etc. 3k Bigport head that been ported out as far as it can physicaly be ported to. 4:1 exractors, bigport inlet manifold all matched up to an 1800cc Renult downdraft webber (32/36). Agressive Camshaft. Double valve springs. Estimated about 10.5:1 Compression.

Runs like a bowl of puss when its cold, but damm when it gets warm she moves for a worked 1350 cc motor (about that)

Ge_x asked a valid question; because when you are a car enthusiast like your self, and you say "
When i 1st drove it i was very surprised, drove really well and it had gutts. now days she has a K&N extreame Flow pod filter, heavy duty clutch, and a 2 inch cat back exhaust. the exhuast was risky as i had no idea what it would sound like, but im happy i done it, it sounds really beasty for a old 4cyc.

As for power she is great, rapes lancers and most other 4cyc cars, even goes very well against my mates done up TR-X (with many more mods than this), i have even given stock VL's a good run, never won but happy with the results.

It just makes you look like another younge, dangerious hoon on our streets thinking its cool to "try and race" other drivers, makeing it even worse for us that try so hard to keep a good name!!! -> when you think ure racing, & accelrate past them, the come out and say"rapes lancers and most other 4cyc cars". I think the word GENERALIZATION is an understatement... Jesus.

*well done jonny, heres even more positive re-enforment to make you think that you won an un-official drag of the line race with some RANDOM VL in your SV; even tho the other driver had no idea that it was a street race! Well done, well done.

Say what you like, but diging a hole doesnt make the situation better. And if i was you, i wouldnt go talking about street racing on public forums, esp if you start posting pics and number plates.

One other thing that i cannot resist to come back on is another one of your *HEY LOOK IM CAPTAIN IM GONA PULL A RANDOM BS QUOTE OUTA MY ASS* comments -> "all the cars that get rapped around poles or tree's 99% of them are RWD"

99% ? Really ? I smell the use of a nother stupid picture text here

http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/public_upload/Pro.JPG

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 12:44]

Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS-X wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 21:48

now days she has a K&N extreame Flow pod filter, heavy duty clutch, and a 2 inch cat back exhaust

OH MY GOD HTATS LIKE FULLY WORKED TO THE MAX HOW MUCH POWER MUST U BE MAKING AT THE WHEELS!!!!!11111 PLS POST PIXS OF UR FULLY MODIFIED TOTALLY AWESOME STREET VEHICLE I CAN'T BELIVE U CAN BEAT VL COMMODORES THATS INCREDIBLE I WILL ALSO SELL MY BETTER CAR AND GET A CAMRY SO I CAN CHOP A 20 YEAROLD CAR IN MY STOCK 2 LITRE PIECE OF SHIT TOO
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 20:09

the 3S-FE is a proven little motor. and by no means are watered down.

someone needs to learn their toyota engine designations

-F is narrow valve stem angle head, compared to -G which is wide angle. wide angle flows good, and is made for performance. narrow angle flows bad, and is made for economy. hence, a 3S-FE is the watered down version of a 3S-GE, and you are wrong
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats that word they use...

Hym...

Oh thats right...

OWN3D
Medicine_Man
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

wake up too yourself. I never said It would beat a 4K just that a 3S-FE is a better motor.

HA HA HA HA!!! 3S-FE a better motor? more like a boat anchor!! 3S-GE and I would say yes..
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://homepage.mac.com/limefrog/tricycle.gif
Medicine_Man
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS-X wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 21:01

thanks mick, main reason for my post is just to show that no matter what type of toyota it is they are all good, and that the camry deserves alot more respect then what it gets when it comes to performance. end of story.

Scince when were camrys designed for performance? this is new to me..
Xany
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I probablly did go over board saying his car was shit but still I think there was no need for some of his comments.(such as they have shitty heads Rolling Eyes ). this is why I fired up. personally myself if I wanted a fast car I would of gone out and brought a WRX.(not a SV21 or a AE71, both aren't even sports cars). also too any one who braggs about betting stock 4cyl's with a "worked 4K" I must say it mustn't be all that quick if you have too race standard 4cyls. wake up too yourself. I never said It would beat a 4K just that a 3S-FE is a better motor.

All I have too say is that the motors must not of been that bad as he claimed in the Camry as the Celicas,MR2s,Rav4s and I think the Spacier may have had them too? (motor was still being produced in the RAV4s untill resently) so the 3S-FE is a proven little motor. and by no means are watered down.

ok.....mate....USE YOUR FUCKING HEAD!

if we stop to think about it.....a "worked 4K" has how many valves, 8......thats 8 if you didnt get that. now take into account that the average "stock" 4 cylinder these days has, EFI, 16 valves or more and no pushrods, cause they are all basically OHC or DOHC.

so i say for a little worked 8 valve engine with a carby attached....its doing fucking GREAT to take on a modern engine and still beat it.

just do a little thinking before you post eh?

i aggree with the above statment.
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found one, its called the Limited edition GLI-STMQK Model

http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/public_upload/untitled2.JPG

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 23:15]

demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 12 January 2005 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I never said It would beat a 4K just that a 3S-FE is a better motor.

Well, "technically" a 3S-FE is a "better" motor than a 4K, in the sense that it is more technologically advanced, and has a the advantage of a few more years of thought put into it...
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
given that a bog stock JE camira can quite easily lunch a VL commodore, i wouldn't be bragging about how quick my camry is when you're just "giving them a good run for their money". i know i can chop a VT, and teddy's car is faster than mine, so any time you want a race grandpa boy, come on by Razz

and yes, a mid 80s ohc efi motor is more advanced than a late 60s pushrod non-crossflow motor. does that make 4ags shit because newer motors like the 2zz-ge are out? no, it just means they're older
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4ag's are shit.

Razz

I have one, I should know Very Happy
Medicine_Man
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
demuire wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 08:05

Quote:

I never said It would beat a 4K just that a 3S-FE is a better motor.

Well, "technically" a 3S-FE is a "better" motor than a 4K, in the sense that it is more technologically advanced, and has a the advantage of a few more years of thought put into it...

I wasn't actually comparing a 4K to 3S-FE, I was stating that compared to a 3S-GE, a 3S-FE is more or less a boat anchor.
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uhhh sorry guys were did i say i beat VL's? what i said was i give them a good run, but never won! it was no random VL, it was my mates, and he knew very well what was going on. as for the other cars ie lancer & trx. i know people who own them, and also when did i say i was dragging on the streets? my whole point to comparing to a VL is the whole fact that a VL is a V6 compared to a 2.0 4cyc thats huge. and the fact that it can keep up with it im happy about. i know that there is no way in hell my car can beat a VL. i wouldnt beleive it if i saw it.

i also never said that the camry was built for performance (obviously this forum must be full of illeterate wa*kers) what i said was as you quoted your self, that "it deserves more respect when it come to performance" thats all, and the way you guys are acting, shows that.

also, this is for "super jamie" i never said she was worked to the max.

and why is FWD Suck? must be better than a RWD for some reason. i mean the corollas and celica's now days are FWD.

ok here is something to think about, you are all saying camry is shit. cool thats your opinion. but i ask you, whats the number 1 selling toyota in australia? if the camry is shit, then damn what about the others? there must be alot of people hmm lets say over 200,000 in 2004 buying really crap cars.

just incase there is more confusion, is this post in english? cause i just dont want people to be reading stuff thats not there.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 01:55]

Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for starters, a VL doesn't have a V6. and if you need to ask why fwd sucks then i suspect you need to learn alot more about cars before you start telling us how good yours is. this thread is no longer worthy of my time. i hope you wake up to yourself one day and get a chance to drive a real car before you waste any more money on your slow grandpa vehicle
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill anwser your questions, and be done with it. End of story.

"and why is FWD Suck? must be better than a RWD for some reason. i mean the corollas and celica's now days are FWD"

Tell me this, when you are a very big car company and pumping out so many cars each day, a $1 saving on 5 million cars is $5,000,000 saving correct ? it may be that they scimp on the thickness of the plastic on the speaker surrounds, or they may use 2mm less of underbacking on the arm rests. How is this relevant? Look at it this way.

SV21 = FWD = No rear diff, No driveshaft etc. Think how much cheaper it is to put the motor the other way, a smaller gearbox, and 2 CV's as such which just poke into the front wheels?

In a big companys eyes for mid range priced cars, its not about if FWD is better or not - its about whats cheaper to mass produce. Think about it; really. Smile

As for this " whats the number 1 selling toyota in australia" -> Not the Sv21.

Again, where did you pull this from... there must be alot of people hmm lets say over 200,000 in 2004 buying really crap cars.

Oh sorry, Last post on this one for me, unles im asked to reply for some odd reason ->

tar tar.
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy_Csx wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 15:46

Ill

As for this " whats the number 1 selling toyota in australia" -> Not the Sv21.

Again, where did you pull this from... there must be alot of people hmm lets say over 200,000 in 2004 buying really crap cars.

your right not the SV21 camry. but the camry (its a camry isnt it).

and if you were not busy playing with your self. you would realise that (its been on news and in the papers, even on this Forum) that toyota Australia were the 1st car company to sell over 200,000 cars in 1 year.

ill break it all down for you.

you saying camry is crap
> Camry is the top selling toyota in oz
> there for the top selling toyota in oz is crap
> for it to be crap and sell the most, what does that mean for the other toyotas that dont sell as much?
> meaning that because toyota have sold over 200,000 in one year (for every car sold someone has bought it)
> so that means alot of crap cars were bought.

understand?

Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS-X wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 15:58

(for every car sold someone has bought it)

Oh your powers of deduction are exceptional. I simply can't allow you to waste them here when there are so many crimes going unsolved at this very moment. Go! Go for the good of the city!
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i obviously have to break it down for him to understand, and thank for the offer "SUPER jamie" but there is only enough room for one super hero, ill leave that upto you.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
the camry demands NO respect... it was NOT realised as a sports car and as such, should NOT be treated as one. It's nothing more than a shopping cart for the masses... never will be anything more than that...

no matter how much you mod yours, how fast yours goes, how many cars yours beat... the camry realised by toyota is still a camry and will always be a camry.

I'm not having a go at you, its admirable that you are modifying such a car... but you should realise... the stock camry will be in the same class as cars such as the magna
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:92/ Celica 5SGE
Next Topic:V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 06:28:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012008905410767 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.