Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Thu, 06 January 2005 10:45 Go to next message
G'day all,
Since they don't make Original MA61 driving lights any more, i have had to resort to aftermarket ones. So i bought a light that fits perfectly (180mm * 85) but when looking at the globe wiring there was one terminal that the globe would connect onto, but the original wiring on the car is a clip that needs 3 terminals. You with me ?? so i got a piece of wire, place it in on of the other terminal so there is a wire in 1 terminal and the globe wire in another terminal.. Still with me. Both worked. So i taped it all up so it was all nice and good. But all of a sudden i tested it with the high beams and now neither of them work. I checked the fuses in the fuse box. and the tail light fuse was fucked.. So i replaced it and still the little drivers lights don't work. Anyone got any ideas. I discovered the fuse box in the drivers side console in the car, but didn't proceed. What could the problem be? and wat is those fuses in the drivers side console ?
Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Thu, 06 January 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got any idea.. ??
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Thu, 06 January 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the fog lights are only available when the the head lights are on high beam.

(If you want irritating micro-flood lamps that operate with the headlights on low beam, get something from autobarn/supacrap)

that wiring down at the fog lamp includes power for the park lamps as well.

it sounds like you've tried to power those lamps from the park light circuit - causing the fuse to blow, and then shorted out the fog lights and high beam causing their fuses to blow

have you checked fuse box next to the battery? is has the main headlights fuses and the fog light fuse i think

there should be info about the various fuses in the drivers side kick panel fuse box on the cover (not the flap bit).

have you had a look over the TSRM for how it's supposed to be wired up?

start here: www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM_MKII/e/E_003.h tml and traverse the pages by the next/previous page links on the pages.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Thu, 06 January 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i know those lights come on when the high beams are on, and i checked all the fuses in the fuse box and they seem fine! could it be that i have blown the globes in the drivers lights themselves ? if so i will just take the one i bought back!!! HEHE
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Thu, 06 January 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw that link doesn't work but would those fuse in that side panel have anything to do with those ligths ?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Thu, 06 January 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am not sure what fuses are down in the driver's kick panel fuse box - i know they're all pricks to get in/out as the loud pedal is in the way of the the panel 'door'.

only easy way to check is to get down there with a torch.

Try this link:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM_MKII/e/ E_003.html

is should be very obvious if the bulbs are dead - you could simply test one directly from the battery?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Sun, 09 January 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck.. i have looked over the car and i sitll can't find any problems, i have changed all the fuses and followed the wiring and it seems to be all ok... tomorrow i check the globes!! wat is hte bet that is the problem!!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Sun, 09 January 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err... did you not pull out the globes and check them first? seeing as that's the item(s) that stoped working?

Razz
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 Lighting Problem!! HELP! Sun, 09 January 2005 14:49 Go to previous message
i had a look at them and they seemed ok, but i haven't tested them on there own!!! Razz Razz Razz derr
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wat soarer kit is this??????????
Next Topic:Got a New car today - 92 Hilux Surf SSX-R 2.4TD
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 20:18:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051479339599609 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.