Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
good news for toyota fans Sun, 09 January 2005 03:28 Go to next message
not sure if this has been posted already, but toyota is the 1st australian car company to sell over 200,000 cars in one year, they make up about 25% of the oz car market while holden is only 18.5%. and yet people still bag toyota.
  Send a private message to this user    
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Sun, 09 January 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there just jealous there cars broke down Razz In my opinion Toyota has the best built car of any manufacture in Australia
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: good news for toyota fans Sun, 09 January 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep not long now and toyota will take the number 1 spot from GM. Give it time!

Whats more impressive about toyota i reckon is there recent change to an all robotic factory line, that's right no human workers are making the cars anymore (well not including the engineers that design them)

That means the cost to manufacturer are inline with the chinese yet the build quality far superior to any other car maker. Some will say that's bad becuase of the lost jobs, but in japans case they have a declining population (not enough sex?) and the labour shortage is becoming a problem.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Technology/News/0,,2- 13-1443_1643740,00.html

Toyota are at the forefront of technology and car manufacturing.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: good news for toyota fans Sun, 09 January 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now if they can only get their heads out of their arses and build a decent sports car worthy of recognition
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Sun, 09 January 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting about robots. yes I do beleve Toyota needs too have a good thought about sports models. here are some of my suggestions

turbo Corolla

Supercharged Camry V6 or turbo 4-cyl (if 4-cyl turbo make it all wheel drive)

Supercharged Avalon V6 with manual option. I think if Toyota is Serious about putting this car against the Falcon and Commodore they need too have this car as a Rear wheel drive and a V8 model to really shake things up abit.

GT4 Celica is something they should bring back!!

make the MR2 more sportier

oh and ressurect the Supra in Australia.

theres just some of my suggestions. basically a sporty version for every model sedan ,coupe or hatchback. well I think you get my drift. But when I mean sports I mean sports. not a body kit.

mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Sun, 09 January 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 22:13

..but in japans case they have a declining population (not enough sex?) and the labour shortage is becoming a problem.

im up for it to help increase that population! who's comming with me Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 21:55

now if they can only get their heads out of their arses and build a decent sports car worthy of recognition

agreed Sad

they dont build anything fun these days, anything that we get anyway Sad
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 21:36

there just jealous there cars broke down Razz In my opinion Toyota has the best built car of any manufacture in Australia

Most of their sales are not the locally manufactured cars though ........

Camry a good car ? may be reliable and dependable, but it is even uglier than a Magna Rolling Eyes
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But the MR2/MRS is going out of production at the end of last year or this year, or so I read, no idea where the article was though. Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they are ditching it, which is a real shame Crying or Very Sad
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people seem to over look the Corrola Sportivo, that lil thing puts out like 140kw. now for a small car thats huge. The Mr2's are not that fantasic, well the sub-manual transmission is crap. my mechanic drove a clients car, cause of the transmission set up (basicly a manual with no clutch) you can not bag it up or anything, it was a clients car so obviously did not want to trash it but how it was explained to me it sounded pretty shit. but hey plz dont get me wrong, im a huge toyota fan.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota, not making sporty uber-power cars?? Laughing

# new soarer/lexus SC430
# New caldina gt4 type thing
# MR-S in japan has 2zzge
# Aristo, 4wd 2jzgte and *uz-fe
# Century - V12... horn

Theres more.. but i forget all.
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer but out of them how many are down here in oz. thats the problem.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods - none of the good stuff comes here

were stuck with grandpa camrys/avalons - homo sportivo models - and 4wd soccor mum taxies - these make up the bread and butter excuse for toyota not brringing in anything decent

The GT4 is what they need to start things rolling - with evo's and WRX's how so popular - the markets there and begging for a third player . the current one is BORING to drive until you ring its neck - and even then it still cant compete with the older GT4 in performance .
van-
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the Camry is hot. If it were RWD, I would be all over it like shit on a shoe. If I ever end up rolling in cash, I'll fucking convert one to RWD just for the hell of it. Then I'll park it outside Toyota head office, and plant a big sign that says "This Camry is RWD, you idiots".
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

w3rd lol, and what Karl, Stuart and CS-X just said Smile
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: good news for toyota fans Mon, 10 January 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My previous car was a Gen 3 Camry/Vienta. Not a bad car for what it was. I like the latest shape Camry, and yes, if it was RWD, I'd consider one as a family car in the future. Van, if you ever convert one, I wanna ride Very Happy
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the JDM market still has the Mark II which is a 2JZGTE I think... I suppose it their equivilant to the SS commodore... even though its a bucketload faster...

What about this 4500GT thats rumoured to be released in 2007... 4.5L V10 sounds good
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aristo, 4wd 2jzgte and *uz-fe

only in homo auto, afaik
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Toyota died when the last RA23/28 rolled off the production line. I'm still waiting for them to recover with something that looks good.

seeyuzz
river
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 15:40

Hi,

Toyota died when the last RA23/28 rolled off the production line. I'm still waiting for them to recover with something that looks good.

seeyuzz
river

thats a very big call river, and im gonna disagree with you there, big time No No No
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 22:51

Supercharged Avalon V6 with manual option. I think if Toyota is Serious about putting this car against the Falcon and Commodore they need too have this car as a Rear wheel drive and a V8 model to really shake things up abit.

Agreed!!

Autospeed.com.au desribed the 'new' holden quad cam v6 as
'simply light-years less refined and sweet than any Toyota six cylinder engine of the last decade'
Laughing

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2391/article.html
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 22:25

agreed Smile
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I thik the ST162 Celica was the last really good looking Toyota. There have been some Toyotas since that go and handle even better etc, but they would be JDM only Sad
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota need a new light weight rwd sports car, maybe a new Celica, AE86.

Definatley get ride of fwd, fukin useless things.

Cheers

Steve
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I call mk4 supra as a horny car
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Tue, 11 January 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celica_John wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 17:49

mick wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 22:51

Agreed!!

Autospeed.com.au desribed the 'new' holden quad cam v6 as
'simply light-years less refined and sweet than any Toyota six cylinder engine of the last decade'
Laughing

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2391/article.html

thats gotta be the years best quote! Laughing
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Wed, 12 January 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have cheese and lots of it.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: good news for toyota fans Wed, 12 January 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe some cars are classic and will stay like that.. such as the 86. I definately think toyota need to release something like an MR2 again, but beefed up more and another version of the AE92 GTI but in RWD some BMW with there 1-series are not the only company with a HOT hatch, perhaps a sportivo in rwd turbo.
And definately remake the supra, but i think it needs to break away from this new era of bubbly looking cars and make hte new supra look very sharp and mean rather than bubbly and happy like a VW Bettle
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: good news for toyota fans Wed, 12 January 2005 13:24 Go to previous message
CS-X wrote on Mon, 10 January 2005 17:10

people seem to over look the Corrola Sportivo, that lil thing puts out like 140kw. now for a small car thats huge.

Well the missus xtrail has a quoted 137kw, on the dyno for curiosity's sake it has 127kw in front wheel drive but 125 in 4wd. Heavier I know, but space in engine bay still screams insert turbo here.

I guess the point is it not only has to have balls but has to hang onto them as well.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:to AE95
Next Topic:greenslip with aami
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 19:30:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065708160400391 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.