Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Tue, 11 January 2005 10:15 Go to next message
Ok, as per title, today around the bald hills / carseldine area, (where the bunnings is), I find myself beind a large truck with an uncovered load that is dropping shit from it and belching diesel fumes like crazy, so I think "stuff this shit", so I then make the clear check, put on the right indicator and overtake the truck as quickly as possible because that's how one should overtake on a 1-1 lane road IMO, (less time in the other lane the better), anyway, just as I get past the truck and swing on back and taking my foot off the accelerator to let the car slow down, I notice ahead there is a sv21 wagon that suddenly started to pull off the side of the road, no biggie, I thought they were pulling over to check something, but when I go past, (I'm about back to speed limit now), I notice that after I passed, they pulled back out onto the road again behind me further back, then it hits me that they must have thought I was some crazy bugger that was going to tailgate / harrass them or something. Poor things, they must never have had been out of the city and seen a real overtake before. Very Happy That or yea, they thought I was in a crazy real hurry. All I wanted to do was get away from that frigging truck.
  Send a private message to this user    
Dmonk86
Regular

August 2004
icon10.gif  Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Tue, 11 January 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah yeah i know whatcha mean, when i was on my P's I was in a residential area, being a good lad and all i was dead set on going 50.
It was a quiet night on the roads, barely anyone about except another car infront of me. I was going less than 50 because the person infront of me was going .. i dunno .. 40 - 45.
Staying my 2 seconds behind, i was relaxed and just kicking back.
The car infront of me signals left, and i slow down. I htink the cars going to turn into a house or somehting but it pulls over on the side of the road.
thinking nothing of it i pass him at my meger 40ks... and a couple of seconds later, i look in the rear vision mirror and the car i over took is now slowly chugging behind me.
At the time i was like .. what the? I wasnt menacing or tail gating yet they somehow found my driving offensive? Or was it P plater discrimination?

Wieerrd. It's funny how that happens...

Prehaps the people infront are ultra cautious/parinoid?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Wed, 12 January 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah happened to me quite a number of times

and I dislike tailgating so almost never do it, and always feel bad when they pull over and then resume driving behind me when I always try and travel a good distance behind even if I do pull up quick
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Wed, 12 January 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Usually with old people when I accost them and say "sell me your car" they can get quite upset. But it's only with cars that are worth it, the last one was a ST165 with an old fart driving it who first took offence that I was under his car (to confirm the GT4 badge on the grille) and that I would want to buy it when it was clearly not for sale. Or the old lady in the crown.... or the one in the Mk2....
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Wed, 12 January 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep its about the only time that i like driving dads camry mounted bullbar i get to be menacing with out trying Evil or Very Mad
More fun in a mates 4wd, all you can see from behind is a bullbar and spotlights. Pushing? Nar, he just wants to stay at the posted speed limit. Cant say much for the turtle in front but Laughing
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Wed, 12 January 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The situation I hate most of all is being followed. I hate when driving alone in the middle of the night or early AM no other cars around. Then you get someone stuck to your bumper, and every turn you make they follow in the same direction, you speed up they gain speed aswell. Paranoid I get, how do I know that they haven't chosen to follow me home.

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Thu, 13 January 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If things like that happen, throw a u-turn at a roundabout, make a last minute turn at an intersection or 2, don't use the blinker when you turn, try to catch the lights as they turn yellow and see what happens. But most of all DO NOT go down deadend streets and drive past your home dont even slow down in the flyby past.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Thu, 13 January 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the best thing to do, (and my personal plan if I ever got suspicious of being followed), would be to drive straight to the cop station and pull up out front. If the person following stops, just jump on the horn a lot and yell heaps, I'm sure some piglets would run on out. Very Happy
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Thu, 13 January 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or, you could reef up the handbrake spin the wheel and throw it into reverse so your facing him but still going in the same direction, pull out the chrome 45 from the glovebox and fire a few rounds into the grill, pause from accelerating for a second and spin the wheel back throw it into a foward gear (your choice) and hit the loud pedal. (retaliation on the move)
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Thu, 13 January 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaveDrifts, how many times have you watched Ronin?
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Thu, 13 January 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 16:24

Or, you could reef up the handbrake spin the wheel and throw it into reverse so your facing him but still going in the same direction, pull out the chrome 45 from the glovebox and fire a few rounds into the grill, pause from accelerating for a second and spin the wheel back throw it into a foward gear (your choice) and hit the loud pedal. (retaliation on the move)

Razz this sounds familiar mayb out of a movie or something Very Happy

i was being followed by a car once was sitting on my arse, and as i was being folowed my amp made some sparks from under the passanger seat..my brains goin keep goin this dudes on ur arse my hearts like..what the hells wrong with my amp (it wasnt earthed properoly no biggie) anyway i pull over and this car pulls over behind me hi-beam on and everything ...they just sit there for like 20 seconds and then they startedflashing there hi-beams and im like screw this so with a bit of a wheel spin i took off.. they took off and sat on my arse again then they started flashing there hi-beam and im like its 3am im not pulling over cuase some fool is flashing me..as i thought this two beautiful blue and red lights started flashing on the roof of the (what i now recognised) rodeo...they guy pulls me up and goes this is a RBT..they went like 15 minutes out of there way just to RBT me...they even followed me when i pulled over...silly little piggies
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: Anyone else seen as being menacing and didn't mean to? Thu, 13 January 2005 08:20 Go to previous message
Laughing nah i just made it up, something i'd like to try one day.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NumaNuma
Next Topic:i have to "show cause" for uni
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:40:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040688514709473 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.