Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
summernats Mon, 10 January 2005 23:36 Go to next message
thought id start a thread to see what people thought of this years nats. i just got back last night, not sure if it was as good as last year. your thoughts??
that ke10 with the sr20 was a gun

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2005 23:38]

Send a private message to this user    
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: summernats Mon, 10 January 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found that the SNEEZY KE30 was the ultimate... I should have taken a camera...

jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: summernats Mon, 10 January 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you see the blue ra23 with th jz, had over 600 horsies

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2005 23:42]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, that was awesome...

I was expecting an 18RG or something... then I noticed the giant XTR turbo and the rocker covers... Crazy...

jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was also a green ta22 that i only saw when the cars were in for judjing so couldnt get to close to it but it looked mint. would have liked to have seen more of it.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its hard for toyota and nissan etc. at summernats, because its traditionally for V8's and bogans...

WHether you can match the power of the V8's or not, your still gonna get boo'ed at... its the bogan way of life to hate well designed, economical, well built cars...
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol rolla boy thats exactly right. No matter how quick you are, if it aint a v8, your gunna get a royal boo-ing.
Was this thing there?...

http://www.burnoutworld.com/cars/burnoutpictures/images/Toyota%20Corolla%20Burnout%20(Trackside).jpg
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already gave a bit of a summary in the Summernats thread in Cruises and Events, but for those who missed it the weekend was awesome. I hadn't been before so can't compare it to earlier years, but I had a blast.

My photos are here:

The quality of some of the cars was incredible, and it was great to see them getting driven & driven hard.

jcmunga - The green TA22 is Yogi's beast. I missed what it pulled on the Dyno, so hopefully someone who was there on Saturday can fill us in?

The 1J RA23 (HYP077 ?) has also been around here from time to time too I think.

It was also great to see a good representation of Toyota get through judging into the Top 60 for the Show & Shine. Yogi's Celica, Steve Healy's Corona Wagon & Bluewire's RA40 all got through amongst the V8s etc..

Does anyone know where/when we can view the official results for the weekend?

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 01:16]

De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 10:40

I found that the SNEEZY KE30 was the ultimate... I should have taken a camera...

that SNEEZY KE30 was the ultimate along with the corona wagon best two cars at the nats in my point of view Smile
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't think it was as good as last year.

the rolla with the SR went pretty good on the burnout pad. Put a lot of the V8 boys to shame. TOY77 was there last year. I think it was missing a few ponies though, just stock turbo's I think.

With the techno/house comming out of the stereo pavilions and the younger nature of the crowd I think there may be a place for our little rice burners in the future. They'll never be able to complete though. Did you guys see that Zephyr?

Tim.
jc80
Occasional Poster

October 2004

Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
live in Perth so dont get to see the nats, motorvation is on over here soon though, will get some pics
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: summernats Tue, 11 January 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
little of topic but did anyone with a CB notice the CB's where rooted one night. Full of static?
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: summernats Wed, 12 January 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes...At one of THE biggest car festivals, us with CB radio's were crouched around cursing at the static that was blocking us from hearing the important news coming through.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: summernats Wed, 12 January 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Was this thing there?...

The V8 Corolla YLD-TOY was there, that thing is a pure grunt machine! It was trundling past us just giving a light blip on the throttle (I mean barely lifting above idle) and it's wheels would spin a little. he did this about 10 times as he entered a crowded section and then let rip with a big smoking burnout!

Quote:

No matter how quick you are, if it aint a v8, your gunna get a royal boo-ing.

Not quite true, the blue KE20 with an SR20DET made it into the burnout finals and got some of the best crowd cheers out of any car that got on the pad!

I let rip around the back section to an appreciative crowd a few times, the bogans just love their burnouts Rolling Eyes .
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: summernats Wed, 12 January 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweeeet.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: summernats Wed, 12 January 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the summernats are not like they used to be

i first went there at summernats 2

this year some person stole my front number plate

ripped em straight off

now its a bloody hassle to goto rta and order new ones

i will prob not be goin back there again

but instead organising to goto usa and see some good shows
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: summernats Wed, 12 January 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.perryhillroadchurchofchrist.com/Up%20Arrow.jpg

Can i be in on that? The states have awesome cars.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: summernats Wed, 12 January 2005 11:49 Go to previous message
well im goin to sema
car parts show in vagas

good thing is its all tax deductable

summernats are fun but when shit happens to yr properly it just pisses you off

and i hear more bad shit bout summernats than what was there 5 or 5 or 10 years ago
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who wants to be a cop in Japan?
Next Topic:Cool part! https://www.speedbleeder.com/
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 19:02:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086119174957275 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.