Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Now with 17" DELL Monitor - SOLD

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
icon14.gif  HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Now with 17" DELL Monitor - SOLD Tue, 11 January 2005 22:57 Go to next message
I no longer need this machine because i got a laptop. Below are the specs:

Hewlett Packard Pavilion
Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz (Mini-tower black/silver)
256MB DDR-SDRAM
40GB Ultra DMA Hard Drive
HP Cd-Writer (48x 12x 48x)
Floppy Drive 3.5"
Intel Accelerated Sound & Graphics
6 X USB2.0 Ports (2 on the front)
56K Modem
10/100 LAN
Windows XP Home SP2
Office 2003 Premium
Norton Anti-virus 2004
Norton Personal Firewall

Extras included:
Compaq USB Multimedia Keyboard (Black/Silver)
Sony Optical Mouse (Black)
17" DELL Flat-screen CRT Monitor (immaculate condition)

This machine runs very smoothly and very fast, its been very well looked after and hasnt given me any problems at all.

I'm located in Sydney around the Baulkham hills area - if you're interstate I can easily arrange courier delivery with TNT Express.

I'm looking for $650 ono, which is a bargain because this machine retailed for over $1500 when it first came out, i'm selling it cheap because I'm after a quick sale. I'm open to reasonable offers, so if you're genuinely interested, make me an offer.

Feel free to PM if you have any further questions.
Thanks.

Attachment: pavilion.jpg
(Size: 7.99KB, Downloaded 35 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2005 03:02]

Send a private message to this user    
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Wed, 12 January 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$600 is still abit expensive for the specs

how about $450?
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Wed, 12 January 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent..
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Wed, 12 January 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm even 450 is still steep when ebays selling new p4 machines with double hdd and dvd dual layer burners for ~$250
also being hp it would be limited in upgrade ability so the major things like ram hdd cpu psu arent readily upgradable beyond a few steps of whats in there id imagine
anyways best of luck getting what your seeking
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Wed, 12 January 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
250 for a new p4?? Laughing ...prove it or put your money where your mouth is. believe me you wont find one as reliable and strong as this machine. If HP made $250 machines they wouldnt be what they are today.

its like saying 'hey i can get a 99 model daewoo for 5000, why would i want a 90 model corolla for the same price?' Because its a COROLLA!! Much better build and much more reliable.

and HP is just as upgrade-able as any other machine. its built to perfection unlike those so-called $250 machines you're referring which are built from parts bought from a $2 shop. thanks for your 2cents mate but i'd appreciate if you kept your opinion to urself.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Wed, 12 January 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the major companies provide you with the basic package unles you pay excessive charges to upgrade from factory and even then its limited in choice to only afew steps up and limited to their branded stuff unlike a generic pc which you can upgrade a lot cheaper and have the same parts and better reliability and have more room for future upgrades
recent ebay auction was 4 a p4 2.4ghz 80gig sata 7200 hdd 9600xt dual layer dvdrw 256mg ddr ram in a silver case with top and side windows and 400w psu...it sold for 255 aud +30 post new with full warranty by memory
if i can find the link ill provide it as proof so as to prove to those who arent believers that im not talking out of my arse
seriosuly ahve a look at places like msy.com.au where oyu can buy new basic pc's for under 400 bucks assembled
yours is second hand
put the pieces together
and for your corolla to daewoo analagy would you buy a 7afe corolla where the mods are limited without major expendature like a new motor( motherboard in computers analagy in this case )
nope youd buy the 4age or even go to import the 4agze one second hand which is cheaper and saves you money
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Wed, 12 January 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firstly let me thank u for being a thread whore and hijacking my thread in which i'm honestly just trying to sell my computer.

2ndly..like i said if u show me proof of this so called p4 on ebay then i'll believe it. but i had a look and nothing in the specs u mentioned goes for anything less than 600...lucky if u get something for less than 1000 brand new. and i'm talking reliable machine, not something built with parts from a $2 shop. go and have a look and see for urself. u didnt give us a link coz u couldnt find one.

also, i had a look at that website u gave us. you'll be lucky if u get an Intel P4 for 400 bucks. Good luck mate. your definition of basic is obviously an AMD or celeron. Not a P4. Come on dude get ur facts right.

and with my corolla analogy - u obviously misunderstood me. the stress was on the make of the car - not what sort of engine its running. who knows the daewoo could've had something crazy like an SR20DET chucked in it, would that make it better value?
what u're doing is u're comparing HP with a computer with no brand, no reliability and definitely nothing to back u up.

look like i said before, i'm trying to sell my computer so if u want to take this further, by all means, just PM me.

Also - on another note - this computer has an authentic Windows XP Home license - which means you get all the security updates and service packs. With a 'cheaper' computer that has an illegal copy of XP, Microsoft doesnt allow you to update anything. Which leaves your computer open to all sorts of nasty scripts...
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Wed, 12 January 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok
you believe what you desire
i was only trying to assist you with your sale with my opinion of its value taking into consideration that it being second hand and acutally using cheaper and/or inferior parts than what most generic systems are built with from pc shops and the fact that upgrading one of these is limited compared to a generic brand pc yet youve taken it as a personal attack and i the non confrontist type will let you ahve your way and walk away...
best of luck with your sale
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Wed, 12 January 2005 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for ur useless opinion champ. jeez if u dont have something smart to say then dont say nothing at all. all the points u put forward are baseless and u got no proof for nothing you are saying. you cant make a statement without backing it up. and from ur posts u've made several baseless statements that you cant show us proof for. proves u're talking out of ur arse. well so be it i choose not to carry on for arguments sake, but remember this, what goes around comes right back around to bite u in the ass.

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Thu, 13 January 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not helping you sell by bumping your same after this
you have a pm gronk
wanna continue this ?
go to your pm box read and reply, otherwise ...
read and weap
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Thu, 13 January 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
read it and replied...

BUMP
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Thu, 13 January 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for all the critics - have a look at this lower spec machine on ebay..ended yesterday

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=14294&item=5154403954&rd=1
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Thu, 13 January 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try comtrader.com.au
(free computer ads!)

bump
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Thu, 13 January 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah thats fucking hilarious! i feel sorry for the guy who thought he got a bargain
and here we are 2 guys argu'n over a silly matter. let the man sell his computer!

free bump cos that was hilarious
but still 600 is pricey.. maybe if it had a monitor to spice up the deal?

maybe u should try ebay where the other guy sold his computer?
u might actually get more than u expected.

530 for a piece of junk argh that made my day Laughing Laughing
free bump n gl with sale
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Going Cheap! $600 ono Thu, 13 January 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the bumps guys. glad my thread gave u some amusement Laughing
aint nuthin like some healthy debate! and u know what they say, u can literally sell 'anything' on ebay...anything goes mate, cereal that looks like et or a ghost that u cant even see.

and at the end of the day the price is negotiable so i'm open to 'reasonable' offers. not crazy sh*t like $200.

after a bit of thought i decided i'll part with my 17" DELL monitor. So my new offer is the computer and 17" monitor for $650 ono. Details are in the first thread.

if it doesnt sell, then i'll slam it on ebay and we can all see what it fetches.
L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Now with 17" DELL Monitor - $650ono Tue, 18 January 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOLD!
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Now with 17" DELL Monitor - SOLD Sun, 23 January 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4DaDrift I think it's pretty slack to come into anyone's thread and post negative criticism. You wouldn't like it if you were trying to sell something and he came in there and started boudmouthing your sale price or sales technique.

At the end of the day if someone is willing to buy his goods for the price he wants then good on him.
If you think it's a rip off, the buyer has:
a) looked around at different prices and finds the price he is offering to be satisfactory and thus is satisfied.
b) has not done any research and is assuming that this is the best price he can get and his happy to fork out the bucks for it.

In case A, he is getting the best price he can find and/or is satisfied with the price he is paying.
In case B it is his own fault for not shopping around and he should learn from this experience (we all go through it).

So I think you should just let things be.
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Now with 17" DELL Monitor - SOLD Sun, 23 January 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much did u sell it for dude?

L0C0
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Now with 17" DELL Monitor - SOLD Sun, 23 January 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 - you're right about not leavin negative comments on someone's post coz that just stuffs up the sale. and for stuff like that it aint too hard to just send the seller a quick PM.

poh_86 - sold it for $500 without the monitor - pretty happy bout that.

i got a mate thats gonna be selling his Compaq AMP XP2800+ very soon, with a huge HDD (80gb-i think) and a DVD Burner etc etc. this machine's gonna go dirt cheap but i'll post up a new thread once he's ready.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: HP P4 - 2.66Ghz - 256RAM - 40GB - Now with 17" DELL Monitor - SOLD Sun, 23 January 2005 08:54 Go to previous message
thu187 wrote on Sun, 23 January 2005 16:09

4DaDrift I think it's pretty slack to come into anyone's thread and post negative criticism. You wouldn't like it if you were trying to sell something and he came in there and started boudmouthing your sale price or sales technique.

At the end of the day if someone is willing to buy his goods for the price he wants then good on him.
If you think it's a rip off, the buyer has:
a) looked around at different prices and finds the price he is offering to be satisfactory and thus is satisfied.
b) has not done any research and is assuming that this is the best price he can get and his happy to fork out the bucks for it.

In case A, he is getting the best price he can find and/or is satisfied with the price he is paying.
In case B it is his own fault for not shopping around and he should learn from this experience (we all go through it).

So I think you should just let things be.

for starters my comments were advise on pricing and specification comments i see as erronous by the seller
secondly as a community is it not general practice to look after eachother rather than rip eachother off and help eachother out ?
and below to prove my point
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=4317&item=5157897062&rd=1& ssPageName=WDVW
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Auto Meter boost gage SOLD delete thread
Next Topic:19" Mag CRT, HKS Stopper Headgasket and other bits.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:33:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012988090515137 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.