Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Green_s13
Occasional Poster

October 2004
1 GGTE clucth questions Tue, 11 January 2005 09:14 Go to next message
I have looked around but cant seem to find what i'm after, i'm looking for a clutch that will handle around the 200rwkw mark and work well for drifting, my questions are is the clutch a pull or push type,

and from what i can find the manual gearbox on the back of the 1ggte is a w58?

thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Tue, 11 January 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
W58, standard type clutch.

I'm not 100% on this, but you will need about 2200-2500lbs for a nice clutch.

And I don't know it a puck or a full face organic is better, but pucks are heaps cheaper.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Tue, 11 January 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's a push type clutch. I suggest you contact Xtreme streetwise clutches: http://www.xtremeclutch.com.au/

They will hook you up with a nice solid button clutch with heavy or extra heavy pressure plate. I have an organic heavy duty clutch from them in my car and it's quite nice. Also, button clutches are pretty cheap Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Tue, 11 January 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im running an extra heavy duty exedy clutch, with 5 puck sprung brass buttons, it has 90% extra clamping force over stock and 20% pedal weight, if the car was going i could tell u how it goes Razz the guy from the shop said it should handle 400hp, but wont be the nicest to drive, btw it cost $486
Green_s13
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Tue, 11 January 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replays i will check out xtreme

you guys wouldn't happen to have part numbers by any chance?

Cheers

[Updated on: Tue, 11 January 2005 22:59]

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a daikin clutch which is very nice, holds every beating that I give it, it's breaking gearboxes and diffs, so it holds well. Was only ~$400 for the pressure plate new clutch and machining fly wheels. From a place down here NOrthern Brake and clutch.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As strad said daikin clutch holds well, or as Hydra said an xtreeme clutch, i use a cushion button xtreeme clutch and it seems to feel a dam sight stronger than a standard item as to how well it holds i will tell you soon, though the clamping pressure is rated nearly twice that of the stock item so i doubt 200rwkw will be a problem with such an item.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're just too whimpy to get a button clutch fat tony. Wink
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cushion button is good, but not really suited to drifting or similar level of abuse. I'd call cushion button more of a hills "racer" (spirited driving) style clutch, leaving solid button to drift and track.

Even then, a spirited driver will only need a heavy duty organic... I guess it depends on power in the end.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a standard clutch and it holds 12 second quaters 3rd gear hellies and 7000rpm dumps with out slipping and it only cost $95
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTB $95 1ggte clutch hehe.
Green_s13
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like the button clutch might be the way to go i have thought about the cushioned button clutches are they a better feel to drive than the straight button clutches??
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I somewhat doubt that $95 clutch would hold up to drifting... not with the abuse drifters give their clutches!
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No strad i didnt just give my clutch to a clutch place and say give me a clutch that will hold power. I researched the clutch i wanted and decided that i wanted a clutch that i could actully use in trafic without having to dump it to reduce the risk of fucking it by riding it. You do remember that i inteded for my car to be something that was quick on the street not something that would give me the shits everytime i drive it cause the clutch is like a on and off switch. Razz Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh and a cushion button clutch is a better and easier to use clutch thatn a solid button, you will find that you can get away using it like a stocko organic item, if your only using the car for drifting period go for a solid item as it makes no difference either way in the sense of drivability in racing but if your also going to street the car i think you will find that a cushion button item would be more drivable and should withold 200rwkw drifting easier enough.

Siktoy how on earth did your stocko clutch hold, mine started sliping when it was running 15psi, maybe your were lucky

Cheers Adam

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 10:46]

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am putting the 1ggte into my hilux, I will still be using it to tow occaisonally and probably take loads of crap to the dump every other weekend, also my daily driver. My question is, what type of clutch will suit this application? I dont mind if its heavy on the pedal but dont want to have it engage to hard if im tryin to take off with a trailer on.

Any help loved.

Thanks

Dust.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Wed, 12 January 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who's got the quarter mile time adam??
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Thu, 13 January 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMFAO is that your best answer, what the hell does a 1/4 mile time have to do with a clutch. Lets not forget that even when you were running 20psi on the street and me 9psi you could not pull away from me, if i recall it was neck and neck, and lets not forget you were beaten on the street with a 1ggte ra23 that is essentially stock apart from the t28 series nissan turbo from a r32 oh and also running less boost than yourself. So so much for your 1/4 mile time. Now put the claws away before you get scratched.

Dust: if your keeping the motor stock then you should be able to get away with a heavy duty item if your worried about it, though i cant imagine if you have a stock clutch in good condition that you treat right that you should have a problem towing with it.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 03:39]

Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Thu, 13 January 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 19:20

I somewhat doubt that $95 clutch would hold up to drifting... not with the abuse drifters give their clutches!

You would be surprised with the punishment that my clutch gets I would go drifting with it no worries
Green_s13
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 1 GGTE clucth questions Thu, 13 January 2005 21:58 Go to previous message
Some how i dont think my stock clutch will be up to the task, it is starting to slip at stock boost with the stock turbos, so i think with the turbo that is going on the car i doubt that it will last.
thanks for the replies
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:balance tube for twin sides
Next Topic:alternator upgrade- car not starting
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 04:44:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065548419952393 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.