Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Apexi RSM compatabillity with Shiftlights

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
scarecrow
Newcomer

December 2004
Apexi RSM compatabillity with Shiftlights Wed, 12 January 2005 12:26 Go to next message
I was looking at getting a Tacho + Shiftlight autometer gauge but when I spotted the nicely priced Apexi RSM i changed my mind. Instead of shelling out $550 for a C2 blue Autometer gauge I am looking at getting an Apexi Rsm $350, autometer shift light $90 and blue light kit $17 coming to a grand total of $457 which for the features I think is acceptable Smile

Question one would be, is it posible? Apexi say the RSM can trigger a shift light at a user selectable rpm but does anyone know it is as simple as plugging it into the Autometer shift light?

The alternative would be using the Apexi as a shift light, but as I dont own one i dont know how it would go. As i understand it you can set a warning rpm value which will make the screen go bright. Could you simply set the warning value at say 6000rpm and then use that as a shift light, or does it screw with the settings if the warning is activiated?

Thanks for your time and help, oh knowledgable ones Smile
Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has actually tried either of those things, or just general feedback from people who have owned/used the Apexi, and whether or not it is a better purchase then just an oversized tacho.

Here are all the products for reference:
Apexi RSM http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?prod ucts_id=495
Shift light http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?cPat h=19_236&products_id=2685
Blue light kit http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?cPat h=19_134&products_id=3003
C2 Tacho and shift light http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?cPat h=19_113&products_id=25

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 12:26]

Send a private message to this user    
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: Apexi RSM compatabillity with Shiftlights Wed, 12 January 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An aftermarket feature of the apexi rsm is a shift light. Go to a place like cartoys, autobarn etc and ask for the shift light which goes with the apexi rsm. I think they are worth about 90odd bucks.

scarecrow
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: Apexi RSM compatabillity with Shiftlights Wed, 12 January 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate, so it's a proprietary thing then? ie. only Apexi shiftlights will work?
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: Apexi RSM compatabillity with Shiftlights Thu, 13 January 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the RSM has a programmable output, so you can use that to trigger whatever shiftlight you want.
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: Apexi RSM compatabillity with Shiftlights Sat, 05 February 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jasonp1977 wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 11:26

the RSM has a programmable output, so you can use that to trigger whatever shiftlight you want.

how easy is it to use the programmable output and hook it up to a shift light??? I have an rsm, and a basic shift light. i want to know how to get the rsm to trigger the other.

cheers
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Apexi RSM compatabillity with Shiftlights Sun, 06 February 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very easy it has a 12v rpm sig wire and a 12v speed sig wire which you can set activation points for in the menu's seperate to that you can set alerts ie set the rpm at 6000rpm and at 6000rpm the screen flashes
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Apexi RSM compatabillity with Shiftlights Sun, 06 February 2005 04:36 Go to previous message
Also i think it has a low amperage 12v output which can trigger a relay to switch your shift light on. If you have a light which has 3 wires (ground, 12v ign, and signal) then you can plug it straight into that.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Autometer temp sensor wont fit in 4AGE
Next Topic:cam timing dilemma 4 2sc celica 1983
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 06:32:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059239864349365 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.