Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Thu, 06 January 2005 15:21 Go to next message
I'm selling one professionally modified (IDB automotive, Melbourne) and black powder coated conversion kit to suit a 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion. It comes with a modified engine crossmember and gearbox crossmember. I can also include a tailshaft to suit a W55 gearbox if interested....

Cheers

Daniel
  Send a private message to this user    
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Fri, 07 January 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Mon, 10 January 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
GefGef
Regular

January 2005
Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Tue, 11 January 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure the kit is for a TA22?
I only ask because the only thing that needs modifying to fit a 3T-GTE in a TA22 is the gearbox crossmember and the tunnel to fit the shifter if you are using the W series 3T box. You can use the 2 piece RA23 tail shaft or swap the RA yoke to the TA shaft.
Are you sure its not for an RA?
Geoff
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Tue, 11 January 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Geoff,

I don't want to be a smart ass but my avatar is my car and that is a TA22 which is what the engine came out of, i was the owner of the car when it was installed (i helped the guy that did it for me...but i was there sharing the blood, sweat and tears the week before my wedding as we were driving away from the wedding in the car).....also, technically you don't need to do anything to mod a TA22 crossmember if you want to do a 'quick and cheap' job.....to do it properly though the exhaust engine mount really needs to be moved out 1 3/8 of an inch to accommodate for the oil return line for the turbo....failing that you can put a flexible hose on it or use narrower engine mounts but i prefered to use the standard TA22 mounts (easier to replace as a set)and also not have to worry about a possible kink in the oil return line and blowing of the turbo.....i'm 110% certain it is for a TA22

Cheers mate

Dan
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Tue, 11 January 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
myTA22 wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 17:39

i helped the guy that did it for me...blood, sweat and tears the week before my wedding

AND LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO IT NOW YOU BUTCHER!!!

Hehe, seriously, the engine crossmember has the LH engine mount moved out as Dan said, and it also has Camber pins in the lower control arm points too. I believe the gearbox crossmember is standard W55/7/8/9 as the mounts on the body were moved back, leaving the crossmember standard, but am happy to be corrected - cos when you finish at 10:45 Friday night after early starts and late nights for the preceeding week, so some butcher can use it Saturday morning for his wedding - your memory becomes a little hazy!

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2005 09:58]

GefGef
Regular

January 2005
icon7.gif  Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Tue, 11 January 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only asked because I have done this conversion before. The turbo issues can be got around without moving the engine mount and without being cheap and nasty. I've seen kits for RAs, I didn't realise anyone would bother goin to that much trouble for a TA.
I'll shut up now Smile
Geoff
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Wed, 12 January 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thanks mate, rub a bit of salt in the ol wounds...it's all good, you're going to make me up one of your kits and we'll go from a T series to an S series Wink

Hahha no sweat mate, no need to shut up! everybodys input and thoughts are how progress is made.....there are ways around it but i wanted to know that it was done properly, plus i wanted adjustable camber...albeit my plans for the car didnt quite fold out the way i'd hoped....it's certainly given me pointers on what to do next time.....

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 11:28]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Wed, 12 January 2005 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
myTA22 wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 19:19

Yeah thanks mate, rub a bit of salt in the ol wounds...it's all good, you're going to make me up one of your kits and we'll go from a T series to an S series

I am? Just promise me it won't be a rush job this time?!
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
Re: FS: 3T-GTE in to TA22 conversion kit Fri, 21 January 2005 23:24 Go to previous message
mate it will be anything but a rush job this time......you'll probably get sick of how long it will take....if it's going to be done again it will be done properly...bare metal stripback, rust cut out, respray...so on and so forth
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3" cat back exhaust for 1ggte gz20 !!!!!SOLD!!!!!
Next Topic:Oil Filter Re-Location kit - 1JZGTE and 3SGE/GTE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 03:15:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005652904510498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.