Toymods » General Car Talk » Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Fri, 02 January 2004 01:43 Go to next message
It was about 2 in the morning on the Stud road Wellington road intersection, it was heading away from the city on wellington road.
I'm just curious because I know these things are rare and its the first actual trueno i've seen on the roads. See plenty of sprinters though.
  Send a private message to this user    
rollin
Regular

December 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Fri, 02 January 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never seen a panda trueno on the road before but i alwayz see a supercharged yellow trueno near my friends school not far from me ...
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Fri, 02 January 2004 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am sure i know who drives it. Or have a damn good idea Rolling Eyes
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Fri, 02 January 2004 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Fri, 02 January 2004 11:43

It was about 2 in the morning on the Stud road Wellington road intersection, it was heading away from the city on wellington road.
I'm just curious because I know these things are rare and its the first actual trueno i've seen on the roads. See plenty of sprinters though.

a trueno IS a sprinter u fool
Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Fri, 02 January 2004 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ever tried saying something in a nice way, Simon???
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was under the understanding that a trueno = pop ups
levin = set in lights
sprinter = aus spec with set in lights
rollin
Regular

December 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter is the name
Trueno is popup light Sprinter
Levin is set in light SPrinter

Aus and Jap spec are just country models meaning they were made by different countries ...
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, im a grumpy prick
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who cares either way

i only know of 2 panda trueno's in melb... (i'm prolly wrong as usual =b)

1's unreged and the other is the takumi imitation

so the one u saw was prolly a 3rd one... which makes it pretty easy to work out who it was... if u can find him Smiley =
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollin wrote on Sat, 03 January 2004 12:23

Sprinter is the name

So in japan they call it a trueno sprinter...
I thought the sprinter name was for aus spec only
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was it silver and dark blue? cos that would've been me

or was it black and white like takumi's? cos that would be another guy from my area who must've finally got his new paintjob done

I can't remember driving on new years day tho? just trying to think where i was now..
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another Trueno forsale Sun, 21 December 2003 22:09

well...looks like keeping 2 sprinter is abit too much for me..see if this one sell:

1985 Toyota Sprinter
Trueno Front End (Zenki)
White/black 2 tone (panda)
88kw 4age engine with jap spec gearbox
POWER STEERING...Yeap Power Steering
AIRCON
DIGITAL DASH
original jap spec steering wheel
AW11 MR2 seats
non-crack dash
14" simmons v4 wheels (mesh style)
new windscreen
currently un-register (was meant to be but well..i think i m going to pay more attention to my other sprinter....) but will sell with RWC if required
no lsd or disc brake rear end, This car is basically an Aussie spec sprinter with a jap spec Trueno front end....overall condition of the car is in very good neat
located in Melbourne
looking for $8000 ono....

Was it this car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wasn't that one improvedae86...

i went to look at it last weekend... the car is unreged and has no RWC... i doubt it would be driving around

got pics if ur interested
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it was a zenki black and white trueno, the bonnet was white as well. Only just drove passed it so i couldn't get a real good look at it but the windows were tinted, might have just looked that way coz it was 2 in teh morning though
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sat, 03 January 2004 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are actually quite a few truenos around melbourne.. tofu freaks.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sun, 04 January 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not all trueno drivers are ID wannabes
AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sun, 04 January 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trueno in Melbourn that i know of:
1. Charles's Konki Trueno with Initial D paint job
2. LiL Mike Trueno Silver/grey 2 tone (konki)
3. Mr Soopra Full White Trueno (Zenki)
4. Red/black 100kw Truno for sale here awhile ago...
5. Red/Black AE85 Jap spec Trueno (engine swap to 4ac)Zenki
6. Red GTV Trueno import by Toyospares (Zenki)
7. The panda Trueno I have for sale (Zenki)
8. one secret unregister real jap spec zenki GT-APEX import but not on the road yet...ask user "shaco" about it...
9. i heard there's a full black one but never see it yet
10. plus those one that i don't know.... Very Happy
so from this list i guess it's not hard for u guys to spot which one was on the road that night in Stud road. Very Happy
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Sun, 04 January 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i'm still confused..

so it was u?
i can't remember being there on that day
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Mon, 05 January 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollin wrote Sat, 03 January 2004 12:23

Sprinter is the name

Aus and Jap spec are just country models meaning they were made by different countries ...

Ae86s originally came under 2 names...

"sprinter trueno" and "corolla levin". (japan).

You've never heard of "Sprinter Levin" have you.

The Aus Spec are called 'SPRINTERS' (Despite being a levin) because we got the trueno tail lights(with the embossed "sprinter" word). The Yanks called their ae86s Corolla GTS, SR5 (despite being a trueno). They got levin tail lights on their cars. fuck knows why TMC decided to do this.

ALL ae86 were manufactured in JAPAN. Aus Spec Sprinter, and Yank Spec SR5 are still ae86s (contrary to what some believe). These were the super economy model of the ae86 for those who want the handling, and want to forgo everything else Smile Smile.

Regardless of what some say, the chassis between levin and trueno are exactly the same. The chassis between jap spec and aus spec are exactly the same.

Just cause a car is aus spec trueno front does not make it any shittier than a JDM trueno (body/chassis wise).

With regards to that panda trueno... I don't know.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 January 2004 13:08]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Mon, 05 January 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you reckon it's the intial D replica with the tofu ten sticker taken off and some new rims???
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Mon, 05 January 2004 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could've been mr soopra then .. his car was supposedly getting a new panda paintjob. maybe it's done now?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Tue, 06 January 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could it be that trueno coupe.

By the way, I think the genuine GT APEX panda trueno is registered and running now.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Thu, 26 February 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no ones owned up??

Prolly one of those real introverted takumi types who canes around mountain passes (an surbaban streets) in the wee early hours of the morning Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2004 08:38]

mrsoopra
Regular

July 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Tue, 02 March 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Wasn't me Mic, I ended up not going with the panda paintwork. Although I do have panda front and rear bumpers and black bonnet. But still my car is being put back together . So couldn't have been me. I'm sure you'll see me around quite soon *grin*

Sounds like it was Ae86Levins trueno (did it have personalised plates? Wink ). That is the only b&w panda 86 that is around that area. Doubt it was charles. There are only 3 truenos in that area that i know of . AE86Levin, LiLMic and Me..

Cheers

Gaz
AE86 Trueno

Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Wed, 12 January 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone seen the trueno with the rego, 'AE-86', in Melb?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Wed, 12 January 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sat, 03 January 2004 14:43

nope, im a grumpy prick

Some things never change ... Smile

Seriously though, I've only ever seen one Trueno in the real up here in Queensland and even then, it was an aus spec with converted front and just a 4AC ...

Melbourne seems to be the Trueno wonderland of Australia ... Rolling Eyes
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Wed, 12 January 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There will be a trueno coupe on melbourne roads in a few weeks Very Happy
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Wed, 12 January 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a quite a lot of truenos these days on melbourne roads.

Interestingly enough. Last new years, seeing a trueno was a rarity.

1 year later, they are not so rare.

I know of 2 red truenos that have just hit the roads recently! Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 13:07]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Wed, 12 January 2005 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops, accident
delete plz Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 12 January 2005 17:45]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Whos panda trueno did i see on new years day Wed, 12 January 2005 18:47 Go to previous message
Kodoku wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 22:34

Has anyone seen the trueno with the rego, 'AE-86', in Melb?

i know the takumi one seen in the city a few times has ae-86 or ae086. something like that

Quote:

Hey guys,

Wasn't me Mic, I ended up not going with the panda paintwork. Although I do have panda front and rear bumpers and black bonnet. But still my car is being put back together . So couldn't have been me. I'm sure you'll see me around quite soon *grin*

Sounds like it was Ae86Levins trueno (did it have personalised plates? ). That is the only b&w panda 86 that is around that area. Doubt it was charles. There are only 3 truenos in that area that i know of . AE86Levin, LiLMic and Me..

Cheers

Gaz
AE86 Trueno

why drive a trueno when u have a patrol 4wd high vehicle where u can park just ON about anything
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Just when I'd thought I'd seen it all...
Next Topic:Celica Spotting
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 19:20:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064120292663574 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.