Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » permenantly removing car aerial...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
permenantly removing car aerial... Thu, 13 January 2005 14:15 Go to next message
hey guys, I want to remove the aerial from my Sprinter, cause I never use radio and it is broken anyways.
What do I do to permantly cover the hole and paint it? just weld a plate on? and then to paint it do I have to get the whole 1/4 panel re-sprayed or just the patch? The 1/4 panel was only sprayed about 3 months ago so there won't be new and old paint probs? is it that simple?
would it be the same procedure for removing the rear window wiper? wat about the hatch having slightly older paint?
cheers.
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Thu, 13 January 2005 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the paint place will be able to blend the patch with the rest of the paint job, but it will mean painting a much larger section of the panel than just the weld stop.

And think of what welding temps do to paint...
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Thu, 13 January 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you don't know anyone else that welds, when i get dad to weld in plates for my rear wiper and door lock holes you can pop around and we'll weld one in for you too.
then get it painted with the rest of your unpainted parts!

I was just thinking about removing my aerial yesterday but deicided not to, i listen to it occasinally, like when nobody in the car can agree on a type of music, and the next owner might want radio.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 21:58]

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Thu, 13 January 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welding... forget that, fibreglass filler Very Happy
lowrlux
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Fri, 14 January 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easiest way is to tack a plate in behind the hole and then just smooth out the panel with some body filler Cool

If at some point you want to fix/use the radio you can get aerials that stick to the edge of the inside of your windscreen. Can hardley see em and they work pretty well.
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Fri, 14 January 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

im in with the fibreglass idea, fibreglass behind
and bog and painting will be minimal

welding near paint hmmmm....
welding is the most proper way to do it but its
a mission and a half
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Fri, 14 January 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 05:55

I was just thinking about removing my aerial yesterday but deicided not to, i listen to it occasinally, like when nobody in the car can agree on a type of music, and the next owner might want radio.

Many companies do antenna-less aerials (aerial-less antennae?)

Either way, its a little black box you put anywhere. Under the dsah, stuck on a window. etc
Picks up radio perfectly in the city, not sure how it goes in the country though.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Fri, 14 January 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find a summy antenna or a plain antenna base and coverhole with that- cheaper than any panel work and easily replaced.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Fri, 14 January 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah, just leave the hole like me Surprised
looks ghetto though Laughing
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: permenantly removing car aerial... Fri, 14 January 2005 08:02 Go to previous message
Use the antenna as a flag mast...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Shift Kit
Next Topic:Remote turbo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 14:20:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057508945465088 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.