Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Thu, 13 January 2005 09:05 Go to next message
okay im on the verge of buying a new set of wheels.. didnt have the heart to finish the MA61 so i sent it onto a home that would finish her..

however heres my next dilemma.. ive sorted through what i want and it boils down to a SW20 GT or a UZZ30..

can i hear a few positive things on each one from those who know from experience (from owning or having driven one..). please.. no tossers chucking in their two bobs worth whove never even ridden in the passenger seat please..

the SW20 GT has handling.. it has style.. its adaptable and it is a pussymagnet.. but then again the UZZ30 has tons of style.. handles like a brick but the interior alone is enough to get the ladies wet.. so really.. both cater to my tastes, but i wanna make my decision this month so i need some input..
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Thu, 13 January 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it depends what you want doesn't it? I mean I'm a little baised driving a SW20...

They are an awesome car to drive, handles like nothing else I've ever driven in, fast off the line, if you've got the targa roof they are pretty kool(girls like them), it's a pretty unique car, there arn't many mid-ship engined cars on the market and people always give it a second look. Has pop up headlights(or as my gf's flatmate calls them "blinky eyes"). The interior is nice, it's all about the driver, all controls and dash is driver oriented. With the passenger seat all the way back it's very roomy over there for the passenger. The 3S series of engine has a nice exhaust note Smile Fog lights are handy. Has some of the most comfy hugging adjustable factory seats out there.

Boot space is a premium, it's got just enough room for 2 peoples stuff, but then again the car only has 2 seats. Maintenance is usually a little bit more pricey than other cars(hard to get at some stuff, mainly timing belt, alternator...)

I've got one, and wouldn't trade it for anything. But if I needed a more practical car I'd get a UZZ30 Smile
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Thu, 13 January 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A UZZ30 wouldnt be much more practical then a MR2 Smile

Alchemist wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 01:26

Well it depends what you want doesn't it? I mean I'm a little baised driving a SW20...

They are an awesome car to drive, handles like nothing else I've ever driven in, fast off the line, if you've got the targa roof they are pretty kool(girls like them), it's a pretty unique car, there arn't many mid-ship engined cars on the market and people always give it a second look. Has pop up headlights(or as my gf's flatmate calls them "blinky eyes"). The interior is nice, it's all about the driver, all controls and dash is driver oriented. With the passenger seat all the way back it's very roomy over there for the passenger. The 3S series of engine has a nice exhaust note Smile Fog lights are handy. Has some of the most comfy hugging adjustable factory seats out there.

Boot space is a premium, it's got just enough room for 2 peoples stuff, but then again the car only has 2 seats. Maintenance is usually a little bit more pricey than other cars(hard to get at some stuff, mainly timing belt, alternator...)

I've got one, and wouldn't trade it for anything. But if I needed a more practical car I'd get a UZZ30 Smile

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Thu, 13 January 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG u drive an MA61 just keep that!! Very Happy Very Happy
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Thu, 13 January 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The soarer would be more ideal if you have a family etc. It's extremely roomy and comfortable and at 100km/h keeps its rev's at a tad under 2,000!
My friend has a DVD player in there and because it's such a silky smooth ride you can forget you're in a car! It handles very well for its size as well.

Can't compare it to the SW20 because I've never driven/been in one. However I beat a chick in one with my AE92 4AC rolla Very Happy

They're both great cars. They're both Toyota. You have my blessing Laughing
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Fri, 14 January 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No prizes for guessing what I would choose Rolling Eyes .... but seriously, drive both, see which u prefer.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Fri, 14 January 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, the MR2 SW20 do look very very nice Very Happy.... hows the back seats for the passenger Alchem? ATM i've got a Celica ST162, with the MR2 SW20 engine. i'd love to try out the actual SW20 !! i bet i'll love it ! Very Happy... and the styling is nothing but topz... Blinky eyes are the best invention (personal opnion Very Happy) Targa roof (WOOOOT).... 2 Door Coupe (*Drools*)..... Round and not rectangular (*Drools more*) .... Black interior (*Dies from heart attack*)

3 words mate!!

I........WAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT..........O OOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEE....

Razz
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Fri, 14 January 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 11:53

hows the back seats for the passenger Alchem?

Back seats? Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Fri, 14 January 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally, I'm not ripping my back seats out for the reason, if I *have* to take someone in the back, I can. Same deal with the MR2. My money is on the Soarer, but you have to decide whether you want a racer or a cruiser.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Fri, 14 January 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MR2 has no back seats, so its got that sweet sports style to it. Can't say I've actually driven in an MR2, but the ones I've sit in at the auctions have had a very cool feel to them.
The Soarers are very much a pimp daddy cruise mobile. Very very cruisy.

If just want a big cruiser with a bit of go, the soarer is it. MR2 would be great for corners and some really fun mountain driving i'd imagine.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Fri, 14 January 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You sold the car AND the motor??

Who too?

How much???

PM me if you want

UZZ30 all the way.

Infact, UZZ32 if you can afford it, with UZZ31 after that.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Fri, 14 January 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both are nice cars, depends if you want more of a cruise or a sportier car.

The funny thing is that I was deciding between MZ20's and aw11's a few years ago Laughing
Nightingale
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Fri, 14 January 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had the same decision, but I had a few more factors I worried about. As a daily driver to and from work, I would prefer a more economical car so I went for the MR2 GT. $30 usually to fill up on BP Ultimate and lasts me about 600kms, I'm not complaining. Performance is very good.

Bad points: My MR2 GT is a bit tinny, due to the fact its a bit light I guess and its okay for a short term to mid term cruiser, but you wouldn't want it to be taking it on a 3 hour drive or anything.

Also, parts are hard to come by, being imported, make sure you find a workshop that doesn't mind working on it. Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Sat, 15 January 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$30 to fill a 40L tank? You must be getting some very cheap petrol? How do you manage to get 600Km's on a 40L tank? Best I've ever gotten was 450Km's and that was freeway driving.

I use mine as a daily to and from work every day. I've driven to Canberra in it a few times too, no less comfortable than any other car I've been in.

It's true that not all workshops like working on them, I've just been lucky that my mech. has had some previous experience on them. Havn't had any issues finding parts as yet.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Tue, 18 January 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruz - to stark.. 1.6K but not with the 1UZ.. hes got that already.

yeah thats my big decision ultimately.. gf nagging on one side and hinting she wants a baby consistently (ffs woman youre only 18!!).. so the family might be more the go.. Rolling Eyes

but at heart i want something like the MR2 that just sits flat and i can throw into corners up in the hills.. took the R33 up through the hills yesterday and even though its got a nice amount of pickup and power, its a heavy mofo.. so i cant see me throwing a UZZ around the hills much Sad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Tue, 18 January 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 08:19

cruz - to stark.. 1.6K but not with the 1UZ.. hes got that already.

Ahh, least its gone to a worthy cause.
hamgatan wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 08:19

yeah thats my big decision ultimately.. gf nagging on one side and hinting she wants a baby consistently (ffs woman youre only 18!!).. so the family might be more the go.. Rolling Eyes

GODDAMN MAN. Slap that bitch!!
Hahaha, but seriously dude, talk some sense into her, she needs to live first
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Tue, 18 January 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know.. were not even married yet Sad

giving her a reality check though is a bit of a slow process since she has been kind of sheltered her whole life.. but those are the best ones Mad (usually more obedient! Razz)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: SW20 or UZZ30 - The Big Decision Tue, 18 January 2005 00:34 Go to previous message
hamgatan wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 08:29

giving her a reality check though is a bit of a slow process since she has been kind of sheltered her whole life.. but those are the best ones Mad (usually more obedient! Razz)

Werd Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA70 Antenna - OEM expensive?
Next Topic:Summernats Street Awards
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 15:07:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079810619354248 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.